NuStar Energy Interview Questions

Updated 27 Apr 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 15 interviews

Employee Referral15%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NuStar Energy

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (El Dorado, KS) in Apr 2020

Interview

Very chill. The people are personable. Had a phone interview with HR and then with the manager and senior chemist. They told me everything I needed to know and more. Barely asked questions about me and referred to my resume many times.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your past jobs
    Answer Question
  • Greatest strength and weakness

NuStar Energy

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy in Dec 2018

Interview

-Relaxed interview, it felt more like a conversation. I had one interviewer who was very friendly. However, I have not heard back in a couple months. The process was simple and quick.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NuStar Energy

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NuStar Energy

Interview

Panel interview using behavior based questionnaire. Panel was not tied to the format, though, and welcomed dialogue and interaction. Was offered the position, but offer was not in line with experience or job expectation. WARNING: Do not attempt to negotiate NuStar's initial offer. When I asked for the offer to be modified, they did not hesitate to withdraw the entire offer and state "we will go with another candidate".

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NuStar Energy

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at NuStar Energy

Interview

Called by the hiring manager, very basic interview questions. Supposedly I clicked with them really well and was promptly offered the job shortly thereafter. Applied through my university's job posting board, got the word from HR that I was to be interviewed and was scheduled accordingly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX) in Apr 2018

Interview

Nustar invited me in to discuss if I was interested in working overseas at NuStar Terminal in St. Eustatius. Asked about my experience and where I wanted to work after graduation. Asked about my experience internationally. It was a very good conversation and it went smooth.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself after graduation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

He called and that went great however during the technical interview was asked a few questions that throw me off. I'm more customer service focus the managers were more focused on being a computer nerd. I didn't click with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX) in Feb 2017

Interview

there was two phone interviews along with a round table interview and another interview with a director. the process was long and took over two months to complete. was very time consuming and didn't really lead anywhere, one week before hire my application was withdrawn.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NuStar Energy

Application

I interviewed at NuStar Energy

Interview

Don't expect this to be a quick process. You have to pass an aptitude kind of test, which wasn't hard but it is time consuming. I was in a of about 75 people , applying for 1 position!! It was to say the least discouraging. I was select for an interview , however already started working another job and couldn't sneak off to go to the interview, especially since it was several hours away from me. My best advice is be prepared to wait , wait, wait, and then WAIT!!

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

NuStar Energy

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy

Interview

Had a photo interview with the secretary and then an in person. It is a large group interview. Be prepared for many people around the table. HR did consistently stay in contact throughout the process but the hiring process was very very long. Don't expect a quick hiring, approvals take a long time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

Phone screening then direct interview. Months passed waiting for a decision.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unusual; NuStar doesn't train their staff or management how to screen employees. So they have no idea how to interview. I was gang-interviewed by a senior manager, a project lead and a senior technical guy.
4 people found this interview helpful