NuStar Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NuStar Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at NuStar Energy

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy in December 2018.

Interview

-Relaxed interview, it felt more like a conversation. I had one interviewer who was very friendly. However, I have not heard back in a couple months. The process was simple and quick.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NuStar Energy.

Interview

Panel interview using behavior based questionnaire. Panel was not tied to the format, though, and welcomed dialogue and interaction. Was offered the position, but offer was not in line with experience or job expectation. WARNING: Do not attempt to negotiate NuStar's initial offer. When I asked for the offer to be modified, they did not hesitate to withdraw the entire offer and state "we will go with another candidate".

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NuStar Energy.

Interview

Called by the hiring manager, very basic interview questions. Supposedly I clicked with them really well and was promptly offered the job shortly thereafter.

Applied through my university's job posting board, got the word from HR that I was to be interviewed and was scheduled accordingly.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Nustar invited me in to discuss if I was interested in working overseas at NuStar Terminal in St. Eustatius. Asked about my experience and where I wanted to work after graduation. Asked about my experience internationally. It was a very good conversation and it went smooth.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself after graduation?   1 Answer

IT Onsite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

He called and that went great however during the technical interview was asked a few questions that throw me off. I'm more customer service focus the managers were more focused on being a computer nerd. I didn't click with the hiring manager.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

there was two phone interviews along with a round table interview and another interview with a director. the process was long and took over two months to complete. was very time consuming and didn't really lead anywhere, one week before hire my application was withdrawn.

Interview Questions

• why are you looking for new job   1 Answer

Terminal Operator Trainee Interview

Interview

Don't expect this to be a quick process. You have to pass an aptitude kind of test, which wasn't hard but it is time consuming. I was in a of about 75 people , applying for 1 position!! It was to say the least discouraging. I was select for an interview , however already started working another job and couldn't sneak off to go to the interview, especially since it was several hours away from me. My best advice is be prepared to wait , wait, wait, and then WAIT!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy.

Interview

Had a photo interview with the secretary and then an in person. It is a large group interview. Be prepared for many people around the table. HR did consistently stay in contact throughout the process but the hiring process was very very long. Don't expect a quick hiring, approvals take a long time.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 biggest challenge in the energy industry?   Answer Question

I/S Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

Phone screening then direct interview. Months passed waiting for a decision.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual; NuStar doesn't train their staff or management how to screen employees. So they have no idea how to interview.

I was gang-interviewed by a senior manager, a project lead and a senior technical guy.   2 Answers

Terminal Controller Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

The overall experience I've had has been very positive. The HR dept, Managers, and Director I have talked to during the process have been very professional and down to earth. I've personally had difficulty with various companies getting interviews to line up with my current employers schedule (3rd shift), and the HR dept had no problem. After making it past the phone interview, I was called in for a second interview with (within a week) a panel of managers that oversee the department. I was then called back a couple days later for an interview with the director of the department. I'm now waiting on a call to see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.