Ogilvy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Ogilvy

2.8

Consultant/Senior Consultant Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

The new office on 11th avenue is great although the neighbourhood is quite run down and for most people who commute from outside the city it will be a bit out of the way. The scheduling and decision was quick. Nice friendly people treated me to lunch. An interviewer was off sick and I wasn't informed which left me wondering what to do and who to contact...felt like I had been stood up. Very few if any technical questions. Mostly questions revolved around previous job experience pertinent to the position I was interviewing for. Weird though that when I asked of of the interviewers about professional development he answered that it wasn't a company where one would like to stay for long. Besides usua l prepare questions on:
    1. How you made a mistake in a previous job and what steps you followed to remedy.
    2. Your top 3 professional achievements
    3. What would your last boss say about you
    4. Describe how you made recommendations to non-technical audience.
    5. What would make you leave your job in future.
    Over all an average interview and I hope positive results.

Interview Questions

• What would you previous boss say about you/   3 Answers

Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Quick, polite, screening interview with HR upon them receiving an emailed resume. Subsequent phone interview arranged. Then rescheduled. Then rescheduled. Then rescheduled. Then cancelled by that person's assistant once I'd gotten on the call. Finally talked with the person who hadn't seen my resume, nor did they know which position I had applied for. Person said they only had ten minutes for the interview as they had people waiting to see them outside of their office and that they also had a pile of correspondance on their desk dating back over three weeks that they hadn't read.

Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I sent an email to the recruiter who received my resume and scheduled three phone call interviews back-to-back. The interviews were very friendly and personal. They were just three really nice people who wanted to be friends and get to know me.

Interview Questions

• What is one example in a recent ad campaign of a brand that really connected with it's target market?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Terms were set already. They sent over an offer letter with everything outlined.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

The HR dept. seems to be a bit lacking. My interviewer asked me a lot of menial questions and basically wanted me to reiterate the resume she held in her hand. I've had temp experience as an assistant and tried to show her my knowledge but she really had little interest in what i had to say. All in all, she seemed to just be going through the motions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

The application process was pretty much straightforward and everything was online.

The planning and appointment of the interview was very convenient as they came onto my campus to conduct it.

I had just one behavioural interview with them and it was your typical interview.

They asked me why Ogilvy and why I would be a good fit.

Typical behavioural questions like:

Tell me about a time when you went against the team.

Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.

Application

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and friendly. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the Associates Program through my school. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
    After a few weeks, they emailed me to let me know that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, they asked mostly behavioral questions because as most people know, they want to see if you exemplify their 8 habits.

After the interview, they called me within a few weeks to invite me to SuperSaturday (which is a challenge day).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you did not like or get along with and how you overcame that to accomplish your goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge that you had overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

very fair process for interviewing entry level candidates, they asked very high-level questions to test your true character and interests. if you make it through the first round campus interviews then you move to super saturday, which is still very competitive but rewarding all the same. you are assessed through multiple interview types which allow you to present your full range of talents.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

A superday-styled full day assessment. Including 3 - 5 behavioral interviews, a group interview and a case presentation

Interview Questions

• The case presentation was the hardest part of the interview process. We were presented with a problem which we had to solve and then present to a panel that judged it and questioned us. We had to do all of this in 1 hour.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Associates are hired on a fixed contract basis.

Associate Interview

Interview

First step: Write three essays and get two faculty recommendations
    second step: Phone behavior interview
    third step: Super Saturday

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to think on your feet.

A time you have failed.

Why Ogilvy   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.