Old Dominion Freight Interview Questions

Updated 20 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Old Dominion Freight

2.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 63 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Portland, OR)

Interview

Very easy, I was scouted by the shop manager and my interview consisted of showing me the facility and accepting his offer. The manager and Regional were friendly and excited to have me on board.

Interview Questions
  • The process did not include any questions.
    1 Answer
Old Dominion Freight
Application

I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight

Interview

It was a contract position and first manager spoke with me and later their was web interview. The interview was professional and nice. I got the results pretty soon with an offer. Overall it was good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Basic java questions, about the project and how did I handle some situations
Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Carlisle, PA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Four weeks after I applied I had a phone interview with the HR Manager. The interview lasted a little over an hour and asked basic questions you would expected in an interview. We also discussed the core responsibilities of the position and what expect in a abstract timeline. A week later I had an on-site interview with the terminal manager, which was more of just a tour of the terminal than an actual interview. The following I had a phone interview with the regional vp, to which he asked basic questions on what I can do for the company with this position. The last interview was with the COO. He was extremely laid back and reasonable to talk to. If he likes you, he will tell you immediately that he would love to see you get the position. The whole process took around 2 months after I submitted the application and finished all the interviews to being offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • Is relocation going to an issue for you? (I was informed to expect possibly 3 moves within 5 years & this question was the only one that was asked from each interviewer)
Old Dominion Freight
Application

I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight

Interview

Involved and relevant discussions concerning key aspects of management (risk management, personnel management, security management). The interview took +2 hours, but every one was very nice and highly participatory.

Interview Questions
  • What is your preferred communication style?
Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Springfield, MO)

Interview

Was no interview as such. Was part of a company buyout(WSKT). We just had to pass the basic background checks and have a good driving record. There were some who didn't but a company has to have minimum standards. Much better company and treated very fairly on wages, they gave us credit for time with old company. Everyone at my terminal started at full pay. Been here 14 years and hoping for another 20.

Interview Questions
Old Dominion Freight
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight

Interview

Low key, relaxed conversation about the position and what it required and what I could offer. The whole process is about getting to know you and making sure you are a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a difficult situation which might be beyond your capabilities?
Old Dominion Freight
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight

Interview

The interview was very informal and quick. It was for a part time position several years ago. The hiring process was a few weeks from start to finish but overall not a really long time.

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Eighty Four, PA) in Jun 2018

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked the standard questions. Wanted to know why I wanted to work there, why I wanted to leave the company I was at, they wanted to basically try to figure out if I was going to be a complainer or if I was going to do as I was told as an employee

Interview Questions
Old Dominion Freight
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Greensboro, NC) in Apr 2018

Interview

Standard interview - very professional experience. Lasted 45min and had a phone screen prior to the actual interview. Employees seemed very proud of their company and roles. Would recommend to people interested in this industry.

Interview Questions
Old Dominion Freight
Anonymous Employee in Conley, GA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Conley, GA) in Mar 2018

Interview

The process is quite lengthy getting started 'they' say because of. Number of applicants. But once selected it all simple yea and no questions, nothing hard or difficult really.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Interviews