Old Dominion Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Old Dominion Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at Old Dominion Freight

2.2

Security Manager Interview

Interview

Involved and relevant discussions concerning key aspects of management (risk management, personnel management, security management). The interview took +2 hours, but every one was very nice and highly participatory.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred communication style?   1 Answer

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Springfield, MO (US)).

Interview

Was no interview as such. Was part of a company buyout(WSKT). We just had to pass the basic background checks and have a good driving record. There were some who didn't but a company has to have minimum standards. Much better company and treated very fairly on wages, they gave us credit for time with old company. Everyone at my terminal started at full pay. Been here 14 years and hoping for another 20.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight.

Interview

Low key, relaxed conversation about the position and what it required and what I could offer. The whole process is about getting to know you and making sure you are a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation which might be beyond your capabilities?   1 Answer

PT Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight.

Interview

The interview was very informal and quick. It was for a part time position several years ago. The hiring process was a few weeks from start to finish but overall not a really long time.

Linehaul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Eighty Four, PA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked the standard questions. Wanted to know why I wanted to work there, why I wanted to leave the company I was at, they wanted to basically try to figure out if I was going to be a complainer or if I was going to do as I was told as an employee

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at ODFL   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Greensboro, NC (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Standard interview - very professional experience. Lasted 45min and had a phone screen prior to the actual interview. Employees seemed very proud of their company and roles. Would recommend to people interested in this industry.

Class A Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conley, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Conley, GA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The process is quite lengthy getting started 'they' say because of. Number of applicants. But once selected it all simple yea and no questions, nothing hard or difficult really.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight in January 2018.

Interview

Typical process to begin with. Phone screening, then a panel type of interview with 2 HR managers. Then a third interview with terminal manager. This whole process was normal and went fine. Then told was one of the final candidates and would do FaceTime interview with someone in North Carolina. The person doing interview had no flexibility for time of day. So offered to do interview at 5:30 am on the West Coast. Person never called/face timed. Was never offered an apology or explanation as to why. Was rescheduled for 1 week later. The individual again would not be flexible time wise, so again arranged for 5:30am. Individual did not even acknowledge or apologize for previous missed interview or acknowledge the very early time. Interviewer was not personable and was cold. Not bitter about not being offered position, but a simple apology would have been nice. Didn’t seem like a very flexible or caring company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handled a situation where you had to give bad news.   Answer Question

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Let's see, there job posting qualifications call for high school diploma some college preferred, previous supervisory experience and flexible hours. First of all I've completed my Associates degree and about to finish my Bachelors degree in supply chain management. Secondly I have 4 years of warehouse management for a large battery company as well as handling all the shipping and receiving responsibilities. Lastly I openly suggested to working any hours available or needed because when you work in warehouse, shipping and receiving or freight hours can be crazy. My response for the company was your experience doesn't meet our standards which I would be fine with only if you didn't have 3 simple qualifications and make it seem like I were an idiot for even applying. Naturally I responded with a thank you email for their consideration and time and even explained if there were any confusion or had any questions about anything I would love the opportunity to talk over the phone or even have a phone interview to prove myself worthy but given an answer "again.... continue to check for better opportunities". Why would I even consider wanting to work for such a company lacking an exceptional HR department

Interview Questions

• "Again.... continue to look for better opportunity with us"   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Pine, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (White Pine, TN (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview but they didn't ask any questions like a normal interview. They had interviewees fill out an interview form and then went over the packet reviewing job duties and production goals. After that, they would review the interview forms and inform your temp agency if they feel like you should be given the opportunity to work at ODFL.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.