OpenMarket Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

OpenMarket Interview Questions

Updated 5 Apr 2019

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket in July 2016.

Interview

Overall recruiting and interviewing process was seamless. (Think: Done right!) From the initial contact by the Recruiting Coordinator to the offer, it was exactly a month. Recruiting was communicative and very respectful of my time: follow-ups were done by the dates promised (a rarity), all the interviewers were well briefed and kept on schedule by the Recruiting Coordinator, and the Coordinator was highly responsive to my email questions before AND after the interviews.

When I arrived onsite, I was given information about the company, its benefits and its values. The values emphasized on paper are reinforced by Recruiting and respectfully assessed by the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I was phone screened by the recruiter and then a Senior Program Manager before coming onsite -- the questions were 70/30 behavioral and program management (as expected). My onsite interviews were with stakeholders internal and external to the hiring manager's team: Dev Manager (technical and white-boarding), Product Director (product prioritization and communication), Senior Program Managers (intersection of engineering, product and program) and Hiring Manager (high level technical and behavioral).

The onsite questions were challenging without the contentious feel.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screen with the recruiter. The second interview was a phone screen with the hiring manager. Finally I was brought in for 4+ hours of interviews with about 8 different people. The overall interview process was fairly straight-forward. I did however have to constantly reach out to the recruiter to keep the process moving. My guess is he is just overworked and has a hard time staying on top of everything.

Interview Questions

• What about a Service Oriented Architecture makes Program Management harder/easier?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process started with two phone screen interviews, followed by an on-site interview with seven people. Each of these was a 1:1 interview, with the exception of one 2:1 interview. Questions ranged from specific experience for handling emergencies to XML and SQL questions. There was also a lot of emphasis on how one would approach programmatic interface design. The entire on-site interview lasted about five hours and involved everyone from developers to the VP. Everyone was friendly, professional, and genuinely interesting to converse with. I was assigned a recruiter contact throughout the process who was very good at providing updates. While he could not specifically explain why I was not selected from the final three candidates but said that I would be considered for future positions. Over all I very much enjoyed the interview process and would consider a future position with OpenMarket.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process of designing a vending machine. What interfaces would you need to design?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter. Then I had technical phone screen about a week later. The technical interview was more like an interrogation than a discussion. The interviewer was late for the call and ran through a checklist of questions without giving me an opportunity to go off script and when I did the interviewer was audibly annoyed. By the end of the call, I was no longer interested in working at OpenMarket. In my opinion, the interviewer neglected to consider the fact that the hiring decision goes both ways. Interviewees are also deciding whether they want to hire the employer.

Lastly, the company doesn’t seem to be too interested getting interview feedback, my ding letter was sent to me from a no-reply email address. That just doesn’t seem right given the time invested by both parties. Anyway, I forwarded my feedback to the recruiter, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Lots of Java and OO fundamentals, a SQL join question, and a simple algorithm question.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OpenMarket.

Interview

AVOID VERTICAL MOVE! I was put in touch with OpenMarket through Vertical Move (via LinkedIn). The interviews were great and the people at OpenMarket seemed awesome. After the onsite interviews I never heard back from OpenMarket directly, just from Vertical Move. The headhunters at Vertical Move told me that OpenMarket liked me but for a different position. I was led on for 2 months by Vertical Move that I was going to get an offer and that OpenMarket just had to get the paperwork and open the different position for me. We went over salary and benefit negotiations and I was repeatedly told that OpenMarket was interested and to expect the offer by the end of the week. I was very interested in OpenMarket, but finally just stopped hearing anything back from the guys at Vertical Move. I don't know what happened, but if you're looking at OpenMarket I would strongly recommend avoiding Vertical Move. They lied to me and strung me along.

Interview Questions

• A bit of whiteboard coding. 2 system design questions. web service development.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Met with the recruiter in Career Fair. They asked a 2-3 very simple questions there. Scheduled a 30 min On-campus interview for next day. Questions about stuff that is not in my resume where asked. Got a rejection in 2 days.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Just a brief HR style interview with standard questions, what sets me apart from others, etc. Was e-mailing the HR person for a week or two before the interview, and e-mailed about getting a second technical interview. After responding my available times, I never heard from them again. Didn't respond to e-mails. Pretty brash, and unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

OpenMarket Response

3 Mar 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience and hope we can learn from the comments you provided. We would never intentionally fail... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was 3 stages. First a phone screen with HR, then a technical phone screen, and finally an onsite interview. The interview process was very smooth and everyone I talked to was very nice and helpful. The interview process went pretty quick and they always got back to me before they said they would.

When I left the onsite interview, I really wanted to get an offer. This is because my interviews were more like conversations and not like someone interrogating me. I felt welcomed at the office and it was easily the best interview experience I had. I am fresh out of college and they understood that and they knew I wouldn't know everything right away. Everyone here is really nice and helpful, and the interviewers really do want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• A mix of technical questions that cover a little bit of everything. Nothing that tries to trick you, just some good, normal questions.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The company moved very fast from Hiring Manager screens, to HR screens, to full interview. Interview was well organized, and the outline communicated well. It was about 5 hours and they provided a break and lunch, which was really nice. Some interviewers were remote so they used video conferencing technology that worked well.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was well done interview process initially with the HR person getting to know the company culture, then informational with the VP(who was the hiring manager). Then the full loop to talk to various managers and individual contributors from design to situational question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was tough as they would not budge from what they were offering. They threw in a big number, but other finer details were missed

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.