OpenText Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

OpenText Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenText

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was an easy interview, but people we’re not nice and had an attitude. It felt like they did not want to interview and did not seem interested in engaging conversations

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it was not very well planned. team was not availble as mentioned in email. most of interview they took on topic listed as 'nice to have' subject in job description.

Interview Questions

• how did you setup kubernetes ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

Had applied online to Colorado location in December 2020.
    The application took lot of details.
    After couple of weeks a recruiter called without scheduling any phonecall. She was very unprofessional, and at times racist. I decided not to continue my interview with them.

Interview Questions

• HR questions related to work status, salary expectations etc, questions regarding SDLC principles.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screening yielded a great conversation, although started off with salary expectations. They admitted it was higher than their budget, but we continued with the full interview. She said she would get back to me and although responded once after a follow-up, went dark after that.

EVERYTHING is based on customer and employee relationships. If this is how they operate, I'm fortunate to have not moved forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was more about what you did on your college. Just say the things you've achieved, your skills, knowledge, and work experiences. As far as I remember, our topic was about my thesis and my contribution to my group. Overall, the interviewer was fun to talk with.

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Very simple (by the script) phone screening interview Was told I’d hear back from the recruiter in the upcoming days. Ghosted! But after reading the many reviews it comes as no surprise. Thanks for dodging me first because i clearly dodged a bullet!

Software License Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OpenText (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Completely unprofessional in their inexcusably long process to refuse two very qualified candidates and sophomoric interviewing skills. They don't seem to have the maturity to understand that they are playing with others' livelihoods and careers. Racial slurs and inappropriate questions. Specifically, two giggly women in their mid-50s conducted the onsite interview with an Asian co-worker and me. The giggly women acted as though they were at Happy Hour in a local bar, not trying to impress a candidate (who might become a co-worker) in an interview. During the interview, Giggly One made a racial slur directed to the Asian man, their co-worker. He handled it with grace by ignoring it. Giggly Two told Giggly One that she should not have said that. Then, Giggly Two asked me directly: "Where do you live?' I was appalled, but I calmly answered her question as to the part of town where I own a home. (It happens to be a somewhat affluent area of Austin.) Giggly One responded: " And YOU should not ask that question." And, she giggled some more. Giggly Two defended herself saying that she wasn't asking me how expensive my house was. She said she was curious about what my commute would be. She then told me she lives in Round Rock (which is much longer a commute than for me!). UGH! Please tell me why it is any of my potential co-worker's business to know what my house might cost and how long it takes me to drive to work in the morning?!?! If I commit to the job, I will show up on time. Period. Paragraph. My recruiter is disgusted with them, too. The recruiter said she refuses to represent them any more due to the length of time they took to interview two highly qualified candidates and the lame reasons OpenText gave for not choosing either me or the other candidate (an attorney!). I think I dodged a bullet by NOT getting hired here. I suggest others avoid them as well. They have many negative Glassdoor reviews, as you might read for yourselves.

Interview Questions

• Where do you live? (Meaning what part of town do you live in?)   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at OpenText (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a panel interview and very organized. It started on time. The interviewers were senior officers of the group. Questions were quite familiar to what I have been doing for many years.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OpenText (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

1:1 with various individuals, architect, senior and junior engineers and engineering manager. Whtieboarding coding problems. Straightforward. Basic computer science fundamentals like algorithms and data structures were emphasized. There were no terrifying coding problems.

Interview Questions

• There were several, but one was about adding the sum of n fibonacci numbers.   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Gaithersburg, MD (US)).

Interview

Not difficult but was surprised that the Director and not the hiring/reporting manager led the interview. He asked 95% of the questions while the other four people listened. The one thing that shocked me was the volume (per product) of audits they said they handled (50+) and controls (1500+) - given the size of this company it was a bit insane to hear. Evidently they have had several acquisitions with no integration (continue with business as usual). They indicated they were trying to bring on about twenty-four compliance folks. DId not get any response/follow-up (formal rejection) to the interview after I sent a thank you message for their time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.