Optiva Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Optiva Interview Questions

3.2

Sort:

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Optiva (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 phone screens (1 HR and 1 VP level) and 2 in-person meetings with 2/3 people each. Most of it was about sales experience, understanding of the customer account, relationships and industry trends in the mobile industry. A little emphasis was paid on technical skills / competency but most of it was about inter-personal skills.

Interview Questions

Had a different job at the time which was going well.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Optiva (Bengaluru) in December 2014.

Interview

1 Written Test,
    1 Technical Round,
    1 Manager Round
    Interview process was good and friendly.
    Expects good knowledge in Telecom domain.
    Diameter, LTE architecture should be known.
    C++ basic questions, socket programming , Linux related questions

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Optiva (Kolkata).

Interview

Three rounds , Two rpunds of technical and one hr.
    Mostly java based interview process .telecom domain related experience is preferable. If the candidate have knowledge on product catalog, order management,bss,collection and new age cutting technologies like camel, spring web flow,esb,telecom billing,anglar js,dojo got higher preference.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Optiva (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a series of 3 interviews. All interviews were done via video conference. There was a skills part of the interview as well. The 3 interviews took a total of a week to complete.

Interview Questions

• The questions focused on previous coding experience and skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Optiva.

Interview

Mainly the questions were around the basic terminologies of software testing.
    Then we discussed about my previous experience in the industry.
    As the domain is telecommunication, I was asked few questions about TCP, HTTP, LDAP, SOAP etc.
    Overall, the interview was okay, I also got the offer than I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Optiva.

Interview

My interviews were in depth and technical. There were 5-6 rounds taken for me till VP level.
    Now management and process is changed. So interview process is also changed. One needs to crack an exam now and then only interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change the current job?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Optiva (Kolkata) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was scheduled and was done face to face in the company premises. The interviewers were knowledgeable and very friendly . The interview lasted for more than an hour. Within a week I got the confirmation and was asked to meet HR. Salary negotiated and finalized whatever was proposed by me. I was asked to join within a month, but could not due to my earlier organization's commitments.

Interview Questions

• Project related questions were asked and the activities perrformed by me. Project Management related questions were asked   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (East Timor)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optiva (Pune (East Timor)) in January 2013.

Interview

Will take 15 days.directly applied through their website.they ll ask you regarding your current project.oss bss concept.UNIX .java details on all.your presentation skill.then another Skype round.3 rd round would be hr round.you can not bargain more .not a good pay master so don't expect to get good hike.facility is not good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Optiva (Pune) in July 2014.

Interview

They called me for face to face interview for Senior software engineer in c++. Company seems to be OK but my interview experience is horrible or comical. I dont know what suited best . This guys asked me some basic questions about c++ and Linux. One of the most idiotic question asked . Suggest me any good practice to achieve late binding polymorphirmsm. I was like good practice is to be, take care of function signature , it should be same and even no const difference. But he said there is one more thing, i said what , he said, you have to place virtual. OMG how on earth he is going to achieve late binding without virtual keyword. He said that is a good practice. I said that is a must condition. He even doesn't know about c++ in depth . Other question asked : What is copy constructor and == operator overload , strstr function . They asked such silly questions to 8 years exp. guy. I have answered all questions.

Interview Questions

• there is no such question . Interviewer doesn't know about C++. and taking interview of 8 years exp guy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Optiva (Bengaluru) in March 2015.

Interview

It took one week for completion of final F2F Interview. Very good interview, no paper pencils, write code in board. After telephonic interview asked for f2f. Two persons panel.

Interview Questions

• 1) Extremely deep in your current project - How it works, what is your contribution, give a presentation on your presentation

2) Design chat application - server side will accept a fixed number of clients - asked to write down the system calls involved and how i am going to design it.

3) Asked to design one Logger class - Singletone design pattern - write ST class and elaborate
      4) Observer design patter - why? how?
      5) C++ concepts: Copy constructor, assignment operator, contructors, volatile, polymorphism, how VTABLE-VPTR works and every all concepts.
      6) Design one code that will keep track if there is any memory leak in your code - overload new and delete in such a way that memory leak will be found
      7) Tools like: Valgrind , GDB, crashdump analysis   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.