Cover image for Optiva

Found 257 of over 321 reviews

4.3
Optiva President and Chief Executive Officer John Giere
John Giere
Pros
  • "Complete work life balance is maintained(in 30 reviews)

• "Work from home, Flexible hours, Compencation(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work load, no HR policies, No benefit, No appraisals(in 5 reviews)

• "tier 2 3(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Optiva

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Optiva? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Optiva employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
    Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
    Join the conversation
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Support Engineer

8 Dec 2022 - Ms fault management Engineer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to enhance skill,helping nature of peoples, Good management,

Cons

To enhance skill,helping nature of peoples, management working nice

Human Resources

Thank you for your service to Optiva. We are delighted that you had a positive experience. We are proud of our company's commitment to innovation, growth, and people like you, who make our team's success possible. We invite you to consider Optiva if you look for new opportunities in the future.

2. 1.0

Worst Company, Waste India head, worst CTO, Worst Culture

1 Mar 2023 - Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is not a place for permanent employees, this is a contractor oriented company. I really Don't know who the **** gave the reviews for this worst company. I think contractors across the world would have done, I am sure not the indian employees.

Cons

1) Don't Join Optiva India- Reason - if you joining as a indian permanent employee then you will be screwed by contractors(who is getting 50$ or 60$ per hour) who had worked for 17-20 years in a very old project. 2) No team work:- Contractors never help out the Indian employees (to be honest trust me) to understand the product, if they do they may loose the job. 3) Optiva India Head - Joker - He is the worst and cheap guy. He don't have any technical details as he was the most experience guy somehow he landed on this position and screwing the indian employees 4) Indian Managers - All the indian managers are worst 5) Don't join if you are hired for OCE project which is the worst team that I have worked in my IT career. 6)Worst HR and process and leave plan, employee benefits. 7) I don't recommend this company ,they will torture you to join the company and they do offer somethings to you . Please don't fall for it. 8) Very Old Projects not having customers 9) No increments since last two years and they screwed the bonus (variable comp 70% of variable) component saying company did not performed well. Better ask them to deposit the variable component in bank's FD.

Human Resources

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We value understanding our team members so that we may continually grow and improve. We value our team members in India and in over 50 countries across the world and employees and contractors alike. We are continuously launching new opportunities for training and delivering feedback. We aim to empower our team and managers to acknowledge their great work and help our organization be a professionally positive environment. These activities are reflected and shown in our employee surveys, and we are encouraged and confident these changes will help us continue to attract and retain great talent. We regret to hear the feedback you have shared and welcome the opportunity to talk with you. Please reach out to us at hr@optiva.com.

3. Join the Optiva team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Optiva work culture

6 Apr 2023 - Program Director in Bengaluru
      Business Outlook

Pros

Focused product company in the telecom domain

Cons

Sunset business of billing and charging

Human Resources

Thank you for your service to Optiva. We appreciate your feedback. We are proud of our company's commitment to innovation, growth, and our people, who make our success possible. We invite you to check out the many new changes and consider Optiva if you look for new opportunities in the future.

5. 4.0

Good Place to work

24 Sept 2022 - Fault Management Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Place to work and exposure to learn and enhance Interaction with Global team members Remote culture

Cons

Being in telecommunication services we have high responsibility and pressure

Human Resources

We are delighted you are having a positive experience with Optiva. We are proud of our company's commitment to innovation, growth, and people like you, who make our team's success possible. Thank you!

6. 4.0

Good place to learn

27 Sept 2022 - Fault Management Engineer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place for learning Interaction with Global teams & professionals Remote culture

Cons

Being telecommunication industry always have to deal with escalation nd pressure

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working at Optiva via Crossover

8 Aug 2022 - L2 Customer Support Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work environment - Flexible timings - Handsome salary

Cons

- Contractual job not permanent

Human Resources

Thank you for your service to Optiva. We appreciate your feedback. We are proud of our company's commitment to innovation, growth, and our people, who make our success possible. ESW no longer has an interest in the company. Many new changes have taken place, including new shareholders, board members, CEO, CTO, and management. We invite you to check out the changes and consider Optiva if you look for new opportunities in the future.

8. 5.0

Amazing company to work

17 Dec 2021 - Senior Finance Analyst in Bengaluru
      Business Outlook

Pros

Such a amazing company to work with multidimensional geographic people. Smooth on boarding. Seniors always listen your issues and concern very minutely and provide the best solution of it. Company provides the platform where you can showcase your skills and recognize simultaneously through awards. Very employee friendly company which also provide work and family life balance.Proud to be part of Optiva family.

Cons

After joining , I myself not found anything which company should taken care, it’s on right track.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very good Company to learn many new things

11 Mar 2022 - SSE- Development in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very healthy culture and work environment , NO POLITICS at all, You will get to learn new standards and few unique aspects of product company. They really do care about people.

Cons

You may struggle to get the product knowledge and hence you may kick start late.

Human Resources

We are delighted you are having a positive experience with Optiva. We are proud of our company's commitment to innovation, growth, and people like you, who make our team's success possible. We value your input and will utilize it to shape ongoing improvements and continue to make Optiva a great place to work. Thank you!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Equitable, growing company, Rewarding and surrounded by passion

20 Dec 2021 - Product Marketing Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with really good and passionate people. The objectives are well defined and aligned right from the top leaders to every member of the organization. A good place where leadership is trying to build great relationships with every employee and who care about the quality of work.

Cons

Needs to implement proper salary structure for tax benefits which are usually well implemented in majority of Indian companies

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of our company's commitment to innovation, growth, and our people, who make our success possible. We value your input and will utilize it to shape ongoing improvements and continue to make Optiva a great place to work.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Knowledge about industry will help a lot

17 Dec 2021 - Finance Manager in Bengaluru
      Business Outlook

Pros

for me - Work from home (Flexible working time) - Very friendly environment (of Couse virtually) - absolute transparent in working culture - Exposure to end to end finance operations - Regular update on business and teams through Social media and periodical meetings with all level of employees

Cons

nothing major but - no office (until office setup in early December 2021 in Bangalore) - Socializing is missing due to work from home culture (Specially other teams) - miss Friday funs, Birthday bash and a lot which can be initiated by HR or people voluntaries

1 person found this review helpful

Viewing 1 - 10 of 257 Reviews
    </>Embed

Optiva Reviews FAQs

Optiva has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 321 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Optiva to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Optiva employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Optiva. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

86% of Optiva employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Optiva 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Optiva Job Seekers