PIMCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

PIMCO Interview Questions

Interviews at PIMCO

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

First a automated video interview. Then a small coding challenge, then a final round interview. Final round interview was a 45 minute behavioral interview, and then a 45 minute technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral question and then easy technical coding question.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

First round interview was prompted questions with no actual interviewer. Pretty straightforward behavioral questions and given unlimited times to redo or rework your answers. I found it difficult to not have a person to go off of in the process

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you overcame in a past job or experience?   Answer Question

Interview

My review is more based on the final rejection email that I received and the lengthy process (given the rejection), not on the interviewers. The people I spoke to were very personable and a pleasure to speak with.

I was originally contacted by one of their recruiters and asked if I would be interested in a position they were trying to fill - this was a position that I had not applied for so they started the dialogue. I thought the opportunity looked good and the interviews began. I spoke with six different people over four interview days (one was back, to back, to back) over a two month period, which I found to be a little long. The rejection finally came more than a month after my final interview and exactly three months to the day after the recruiter first reached out.

The reason for my frustration is the complete lack of respect shown to someone who made it to, and through, every round of interviews they had for the position. This is the final response I received – “After a careful review of your qualifications and experience, we are unable to make an appropriate match with your background and our current needs, and will not be moving forward with your candidacy at this time.” Ummm…what? Having made it through the entire process I would assume that qualifications and experience are not the problem. If they were I never would have made it through the first round, let alone all four. Having reached the end, the final decision is down to who is the better fit, not if the individual was actually qualified for the position in the first place.
    I know, it is splitting hairs, but in business language matters. When you tell me after three months of my time that my qualifications and experience are not a match I will look at you and ask – “So then why waste my time and yours?” If you say that you found someone that you feel is a better fit I would understand and wish you all the best. Please try to get better at finishing the process. Follow through is everything.

Portfolio Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview, the talent acquisition manager introduced the details of this position, the interview processes and asked about my previous working experience, and master education and my current job hunting experiences.

Summer Tech Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

First-round consists of HackerRank assessment which mostly consists of leetcode medium to hard question and 1 SQL question.

I was able to solve the first round but no response back from company. It's more than 1 month.

Interview Questions

• The first question was string manipulation and needed a sliding window. 2nd question was an efficient harvest problem and last was SQL query which required join operation   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

The initial portion of the interview was via Spark hire in an online remote setting. I had a few technical difficulties due to poor internet connection but the process seemed to be pretty seamless.

Interview Questions

• Describe the current news involving the Fed policy.   1 Answer

Fixed Income Portfolio Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PIMCO in November 2020.

Interview

I had about 5 rounds. First round was a phone screening or interview- not sure which- with someone on the team. Lots of technical questions regarding rates and fixed income products aside from the typical behavioral. A month later I had 4 more zoom interviews - one
    with the same team member I spoke to before, three with others including the Sr VP that runs the group. They said they would get back to me on next steps.

There may have been a HR interview to kick it all off but I can’t remember because so much time has elapsed.

Still waiting on an offer - would be surprised if I didn’t get one

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain mbs products and how they are related to rates
      2) Explain products you would trade in a specific macro economic environment and what/how would you hedge them
      3) many many duration related questions
      4) 4 different asset classes - rank them on volatility
      5) why do you want this job?
      6) explain a time when you disagreed wit your boss
      7) questions on team dynamic and how you interact/ when you thrive
      8) calculate/estimate the duration of an interest rate swap (fixed for floating)
      9) explain rates on mbs and questions on rates/mbs pool sizes
      I think that’s all. Can’t remember anymore   Answer Question

Asset Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

It was an easy interview. I had to spend one and a half hour with 3 interviewers. They later introduced me to the firm and their culture and I really enjoyed my experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to our firm?   1 Answer

Account Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: Tested on market and investment fundamentals to confirm I had sufficient knowledge and interest. Superday: Six interviews of which roughly 4-5 were fit-based, with the remainder being technical again. Highly engaging, smart people.

Interview Questions

• If you were to invest $1 million today, where would you put it and why? Would you prefer to invest in Agency or non-Agency MBS today?   Answer Question

Business Development Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

2 rounds, first SparkHire, then Superday which consisted of 5 30 min interviews, each 2 on 1. All interviewers were from the Business Development Department. I applied in mid-July, heard back in early October. This was a smooth process, the communication was strong and the employees met with were great.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about 2 current events that could affect the market and how?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.