Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1,380 Interview Reviews

3.2

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The HR screening was excruciating - it took more than 1 hour, going into all kinds of personal and uncomfortable questions (and some inappropriate questions IMO, e.g. what companies exactly you are interview with. Why? So that they can understand your "ambitions"). The technical interview was standard and pretty ok.
    I got a 2-sentence rejection with zero feedback.

Pretty weird experience, I will not be applying again

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

First round, interview with a current engineer with a practical coding exercise. It was not an algorithm more of a scenario based coding questions.
    Second round, three part interview, each part with a different engineer from the team and a different focus being Infrastructure as Code, Programming, and Debugging in the AWS console.
    Third round, a deep dive conversational style interview with the manager of the team. This goes deep into all of your past jobs as to why you left, what you learned, some of the typical ways you could have improved, etc...

The interview process was great as the recruiters were very quick to respond, provided explanations before each round, and even resources to learn more about the company.

The decision however, took over two weeks even when I was told I would get an answer quick since I had another offer on the table already. I was also ignored until calling and emailing multiple times before receiving the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• There is a web service on AWS that is not working, what steps would you take to debug and get the application working again?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

They first sent a HackerRank challenge, after which a technical phone screen was held. They then flew me out to HQ in Palo Alto for an onsite interview, which was broken down into three parts: coding, debugging, and systems design.

Interview Questions

• A debugging exercise, requiring me to break down a large codebase   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2020.

Interview

My interview process was "interesting," to say the least:
     - It first started with an interview with the recruiter, regular screening.
     - Then one technical screening with an engineer which we spoke about Linux
     - After passing that I went to a virtual onsite three back to back tech interviews followed by a
       values interview
    - Got feedback from the recruiter that I made it to the final round. Which was to be a conversational/behavioral interview with the hiring manager

The situation got shady from here. The hiring manager, who I would describe as the typical white tech bro in the Silicon Vallery culture(nothing wrong with that by the way), got on, asked me a few behavioral questions. Then said, let's go to a Coderdpad link. Keep in mind the recruiter said this would be a pure behavior interview and that he might use Coderpad to draw out some diagrams to walk through different situations. This statement was a lie. He first prompted a problem to me, which you can find on Leetcode(2 sum). I solved it within 5 mins. Then he gives me this esoteric Leetcode level hard problem with 20 minutes to answer. The problem was Integer to String. I solve it in a couple of scenarios but did not have time to explain it all. Keep in mind this is one of the engineer's comments regarding the problem on LC, "If you get this question, you have already failed the interview. They simply want to fail you, and even if you pass the question, they will find another reason to reject you. The interviewer will simply be on his phone checking Reddit while you are frantically writing out the dictionaries, thinking there is some hope for you."

I then get a call from the recruiter saying that I did exceptionally well in the interview process and that the reason they aren't moving forward was that I didn't solve the technical problem in the bait and switch interview. I then go and explain what occurred at the last interview. I then give some feedback to the recruiter citing two things about the interview process I found concerning.
    1) All my interviewers were white tech bros that knew each other—no diversity in the interview panel at all.
    2) The interview process was not clear and transparent about what you would be tested on and how you will be graded. The Palantir interview process currently lends itself to gross systematic unconscious bias.

The recruiter admitted on the phone my experience was irregular, and something was afoot. I didn't have the language to express what was happening until I did some digging after. Palantir has been brought to court just recently, calling out their practices of racial discrimination in their hiring practices by the Department of Labor(google it for yourself, Palantir settled).

I reached out to an employment lawyer, and their feedback was this was pretty common for underrepresented groups(which I am a part of). Which is very very very concerning as this is the company who is working with the CDC, doing COVID work which we all know disproportionately affects people of color.

I do give the recruiter credit for reaching out and trying to rectify the situation initially. But she has recently ghosted. Right now, I am at the stage where I am in talks with civil rights and employment lawyers, which were referred to me by the Department of Labor.

My advice to people interviewing is to make sure that the recruiter spells out the process, and if you feel you are in a bait and switch interview, do not hesitate to call them out.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter reached out to schedule a 45 min phone call. The phone screen was pretty in depth. Recruiter asked about past experiences and why Palantir. Moved to next step with a video call with an EA from a different team in the company. Easy questions such as whats your greatest weakness, how do you handle confidential information. Moved to the next round where I had a video interview with 3 EAs from the team. Each video interview was 30 min long. I felt pretty good with the interview and with the answers I provided. Within a week, I received a rejection email from the recruiter with no feedback. I'm not exactly sure what they're looking for. You may want to get some pointers from the recruiter and ask what they are looking for specifically.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was OK just very odd. I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter, a more in-depth video interview, and then a short 1 hr onsite. What was odd, though, is that I was never told what to expect or how long it would take. I had no idea, for example, that they expected me to come onsite at least twice or how long the onsite would take (it ended up being only 1 hr, to which I had to take the whole day off of work thinking it would last all day). They followed up the next day asking when I can come back, to which I already had other offers pending so I had to withdraw.

Another interesting point: my interviewers made it seem like they work like crazy there. One interviewer was almost bragging about how hard she works, in that she can only get in touch with her work counterparts on the weekends and late nights, which really turned me off to the company.

Overall, it was fine but no transparency about the interview process length, what to expect, and interviewers showed a crazy lack of work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• typical questions, creating a boolean string on a whiteboard, etc.   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Interview

Several phone calls, with a lot of back and forth before an in person interview in New York with 3 back to back technical questions. These could be answered without any prior knowledge on the subjects at hand.

Interview Questions

• Our software says there is not enough ram to operate after a recent update, troubleshoot the issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Technical phone screen 1 week later. Final round consisting of 3 interviews, all covered behavioral components, 2 were coding questions and the last focused on OO/system design.

Recruiter chat and technical phone screen were fairly standard. Palantir is kind of weird in that they have a second round of 3 technical interviews before finally conducting an interview with a hiring manager at a later date. I guess it's not worth the hiring manager's time to talk with you until you've passed the technical bar.

The coding questions were fairly standard although one ended up being pretty rushed since the interviewer arrived 15 minutes late only leaving 15 minutes to code so I was unable to finish the question. The system design question was a bit odd since I was asked to dive deep into OO design and implement classes yet the interviewer seemed disappointed that I didn't spend as much time on infrastructure, again the interview was rushed <30 minutes. I felt I could have demonstrated much more given even 5-10 more minutes.

All in all, the technical questions are fairly standard for the industry although I believe Palantir could probably get a higher fidelity read on candidates' technical abilities by allocating a bit more time to technical sections of interviews.

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

One HR call, one deployment strategist call, on-site 3 interviews, stopped there but If continue should have one or two more interviews
    People were all so nice and smart, answered questions well

Interview Questions

• What is something you could not like while working at Palantir   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The process involved a coding assessment and then an on-site interview with three parts on one day. Everyone was super helpful and friendly and I was truly impressed by the company and their mission.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.