PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai).

Interview

Onsite round
    - Coding test (easy Hackerrank questions)
    - Technical round (questions based on previous round and other questions)
    - System design round (asked to design system on whiteboard, questions on that and discussion)
    - Hiring Manager round (System Design round + Behavioral questions)

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was very straight-forward and mainly behavioral questions. I had a phone interview with manager, an onsite, then one final. All 3 rounds were conducted over video call and I'm currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral: questions about background and interests   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Interview

Talked to hiring manager after initial screen with HR. Process went smoothly. Content of tech screen was surprising -- did not seem like a good fit. Overall the interview process took several weeks to get to that point.

Interview Questions

• What proportion of a massive data set should be sampled with replacement when bootstrapping for RF?

How would you identify the strongest/most important predictors of a trained NN?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

30 min around prior sales experience. There was a personality test taken prior. Recruiter didn’t seem to be on the same page as the managers unfortunately. No opportunity to negotiate salary/PTO. Take it or leave it job.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

a recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after I submitted my resume. Have two rounds of technical interviews, one hour for each, and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully, I will hear back from them

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

The process started fine with a quick call with Recruiter and other PM from the team. So far, so good.

I was given a take home assignment I spent my whole weekend to present on my Onsite. Never doing a free service to solve solutions for the company. Case presentation+ 2 PM interviews + Engg interview

Recruiter didn’t give results until I followed up twice. They said the role is for a high level, and they are waiting for a new opening. No response from the recruiter ever since.

Interview Questions

• Success Metric based questions
      Product design problem
      EM wanted to understand communication with engineers through a design question   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Got reached out by the recruiter via email to setup a phone screen. Phone screen was just to get a high level overview of the technologies I am familiar with.
    After that, I had a virtual interview, which was Spring Boot heavy.
    Then I was ghosted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Quite an easy interview with basic questions on Data Structures and Algorithms . Some questions on sorting algorithms as well . 30 words minimum? Are we there yet? Yes? Thanks!

Interview Questions

• What is quicksort? How is it implemented?   1 Answer

Interview

Coding challenge at first (pretty simple)
    Behavioral with a team member
    Technical with two team members
    Last behavioral with another two team members

I think the interview process varies by the team, but it was pretty straight forward

Interview Questions

• Basic resume question some OOP programming (not much algorithm)   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Interview

For me it was directly from a team required a Sr Software Engineer, First round technical discussion. I got video interview from one of the managers. He asked about my current job and technology I'm working on. After few days I got response from HR saying recruiting was put on hold.

Marketing Interview

Interview

One of the worst HR recruiter experiences I've ever had. In two separate interactions for 2 separate roles, she said that the hiring manager was interested in speaking with me, then ghosted me, then after long breaks came back and said the hiring manager was pursuing an internal candidate and therefore not interested in me. I have no idea why this level of mixture of neglect and dishonesty exists as a practice. Phone screen with HR. This was standard where I was mostly told about the role and that the hiring manager had already seen my resume and was interested in talking to me; don't know if this was true. HR said the next step was she would send me info about the hiring manager, more about the role and process. And then HR ghosted me completely. I followed up twice. No response but was told the role was closed and another candidate was chosen. Followed up with the same HR person on another role who said the hiring manager was interested in speaking with me. GHOSTED again despite following up. Suddendly re-emerged to say an internal person was being pursued. Unbelievable. Can't believe this practice still exists.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.