Found 4,776 of over 8T reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are good and the work atmosphere was wonderful." (in 740 reviews)
- "Good work life balance is good" (in 677 reviews)
- "peers were supportive and it was great to meet nice people" (in 507 reviews)
- "Flexibility and culture are great" (in 315 reviews)
- "Good pay and will get good exposure in working payment domain" (in 261 reviews)
- "poor management: not trained to manage people." (in 269 reviews)
- "All the good things about the company can go for a toss if you are reporting to a bad manager." (in 181 reviews)
- "very frequent layoffs and reorgs" (in 111 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and lack of long term strategy" (in 104 reviews)
- "Middle and upper management are focused too much on marketing requests at the expense of development needs." (in 49 reviews)
- 2.014 Nov 2023SofrwareEngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsChennai
Nothing i found, and the company was employee friendly once upon a time
Work load . Only working people get more work load with less appraisals . If you're cup of coffee with your manager and indian director then he/She will safe guard you with good promotion. Full politics especially in payments. Non technical but in the interview you have to be good in DSA . You may not use in the project. No work life balance. I got my self sick because of this people. They will throw u out once they realise they can't get work like before. No concern about others health, they want keep their hat safe. Only working ppl have fear of firing at anytime, because their manager will keep remind them in one and one to get the same productivity. Don't spoil your health just because of brand and pay. Your actual pay will be less and 40 % u will pay only tax. Think twice1
- 3.021 Nov 2023Solution ArchitectCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Brand name association, some teams are really good work that helps in technical enhancement, Okish Payscale, company does good voluntary charity work
Very backward mindset Pathetic Cost cutting No job protection, and there are open threat of layoff given by the CEO in advance New management is not experienced in their role (no technical people are handling very technical role at very high level )
- 2.031 Oct 2023Senior Business Systems AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Pay is good as per industry standards.
The worst working culture I have seen. Management is very poor, no transparency, no career growth, levels are not clearly defined, promotion cycle is not defined. You only will have to please your manager for everything. Leadership is full of politics. Employee voice is not heard even by HR. They will have all sorts of leadership principles defined on paper but in practice NONE of them is followed. No amount of money is worth this daily mental torture.2
- 3.028 Oct 2023Software Engineer 2Current Employee, more than 1 yearChennai
- Supportive and friendly people. You can hit up anyone if you need any help. - Majority of the teams work in a good tech stack - Almost fully remote work. As of now no mandate to come to office for most teams. - Flexible timings. - Easy to take PTOs.
- Company is currently not in the best spot. Will take probably 6 months or more to recover. - Collaboration between India-US teams is a big pain given the timezone difference. The less your team has to collaborate with counterparts in the the other side of the world, the better.
PayPal Reviews FAQs
PayPal has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 8,266 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at PayPal to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
81% of PayPal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PayPal 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.