Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Paychex Interview Questions

Interviews at Paychex

1. Featured Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online, then looked up the recruiter for the area and reached out to her on Linkedin. She then checked me out and reached out to the DSM for the area. He requested an interview. After my interview with him I was sent on a field ride with a rep. If that went well, then I'd interview with Zone Manager. Once I had my interview with the Zone Manager- I was presented an offer. Then the drug test, background screening started.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions about my past selling experiences and wanted to know about my sales cycle.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex in April 2020.

Interview

The process started out well as the recruiter initiated contact through Linked In, but her poor follow up and "ghosting" only proves that sometimes recruiters are guilty of the reputation they have at times. Other than one follow up e-mail after our phone interview, she ignored every attempt I made to move the process forward. I even reached out to her supervisor to no avail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was super quick! Took about two weeks.

Applied online and got a text within 24 hours that a recruiter wanted to set up an appointment to interview screen me. Very down to earth experience. None of that "tell me about a time when nonsense". They want to know your experience and if that experience lines up with what they're looking for...period!

Got forwarded to the hiring manager. That interview was very pleasant. Very conversational...giving you a good sense of what the job is, what limitations you may have in doing the job, emphasis on who they are looking for, plenty of opportunities to ask as many questions as you want.

Then, I was forwarded to the District Manager. Similar experience but really targeted on the job responsibilities and walking them through my experience and explaining how my experience matches up and what I can bring to the team. Also, the focus is not just on tasks but your track history in getting RESULTS and being able to generate leads and convert them to buyers.

Final step was a role play. If you know how to sell, you'll be fine...ie demonstrating that you know to ask targeted discovery questions, uncover needs and tying your product in as a solution, asking for the sale and closing. They give you a fair amount of materials to use, but it definitely helps if you go above and beyond that. You just have to prepare by learning what you can about the product(s) and their features, how your targeted client benefits from these features and know something about the company and again, ask for the sale.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Interview cancelled 2 minutes before scheduled time..............

I applied Sunday & was contacted Monday by a Talent Acquisition Rep to schedule a phone interview. I was given an array of dates & times to select via Calendly for a 30 minute phone call. I selected my time, scheduled the time off of work (all times were during 9-5 hours) and planned on receiving a call 2 days later.

2 minutes before the scheduled call, I got a passive email from the Talent Acquisition Rep stating 'Sorry for the short notice, but after reviewing your profile, we will not be moving forward with the candidacy. 2 minutes before the scheduled call, this is not an exaggeration.

I of course am too worried about replying back with some disappointment in the process, as I am concerned it will severe ties with the company, but then again- do I want to work somewhere where a 2 month employed recruiter (I looked him up via LinkedIn) did his job so irresponsibly that he waited 2 minutes before a scheduled call, didn't review my profile on #1 selecting me as a candidate clearly, but #2 look at it again before our call.

Not to mention, PayChex/SurePayroll has NO way of getting in contact with someone internally regarding this matter, as I feel they have the right to know that there are recruiters doing a poor job at representing the company

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a single rounded, 45-minute interview that involved discussing my resume, technical aspects of it and some basic code questions. The interview is easy and the interviewee makes the environment very comfortable to talk in, they are looking for hard-working, smart individuals for their company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Call with a recruiter, Sit down with DSM and Zone Manager. After the in person interviews had an offer extended within a week. Was overall a smooth process. Company sells HCM products and is very well versed in recruiting and hiring talent.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30,60,90 day plan.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

My interview process was great. It was a fast process, for me. I did a phone interview Tuesday, interviewed Friday, in person. Did a final interview that following Monday. I received offer same day. I started within two weeks.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from HR to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer straight up didn't call me the first day and made up some excuse that I didn't pick up and voicemail was ful (this was complete BS). I rescheduled the phone interview only to have them actually email me this time to reschedule. Finally managed to talk to someone the 3rd time. Interview was short and simple, interviewer seemed uninterested.

It was followed up with a "We are no longer pursuing you for this role" email several days after I was told to expect an email from the hiring manager about next steps and in person interview.

If you weren't going to move me forward in the process then you could have simply gone with a no in the first place.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied to the position, a few days later the recruiter contacted me via email to set up a phone interview. Completed the phone interview, the recruiter sent the assessment, once I completed that I was presented to the hiring manager. Ten minutes later I got a confirmation for a phone interview with the manager on a Monday.

Phone interview was very pleasant, the hiring manager asked questions about experience and how it relations to the position. Got an offer on the Friday of the same week. Standard HR/PEO questions were asked.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex (High Point, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was set up with a date and time for a phone interview. The call never came. I sat by the phone all day and waited. I don't know what happened.

MMS Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was an employee referral. First, I met with 2 DSM's for in person interview on a Friday. Next, I was invited to come to the office for an "immersion day" the following Tuesday, where I shadowed a rep. Finally, I had a call with the zone leader that Thursday. I received an offer early the next week.

What I appreciated about this process with Paychex leadership was the consistent communication. They stuck to their timelines, which is refreshing to see in in today's world. Quick and easy interview process. Excited for the future with Paychex.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.