Pegasystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Pegasystems Interview Questions

Interviews at Pegasystems

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Attended for C# with data structures and algorithms.
    Round 1- online test
    Round 2- face to face interview technical
    Round 3 - technical round to from lead
    Round 4 - peer discussion about project
    Round 5 - technical manager round
    Round 6 - HR discussion
    HR is very supportive

Interview Questions

• C# basics, reflection and .Net framework questions
      data structures
      OOD concepts   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Swift, well managed, and overall delightful. The team was well informed about the roll and its requirements. Everyone was warm and welcoming. Pega is a fast paced metrics driven environment, and that was clearly articulated throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• There is an exercise where you outlines your process on a whiteboard and give a presentation.   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fine. There were two very similar job descriptions. One was an "attorney" position and the other for a contract manager. I applied for the attorney position, and when then received an interview was told it was a non-attorney position. Was a bit annoyed.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been drafting/negotiating contracts?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

THe interview was one of the better ones I have had. I was taken to four separate meetings (One was with HR where they let me field any general questions I had). Next was a face-to-face interview with some programming questions, next was a logic based test/ code writing test, and the last was a follow-up with one of their VPs

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, I was not ready with my Java though   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

Initially met at a job fair and was invited to an interview at their Cambridge, MA location. It was about 6 hours of interviewing during which I was asked technical questions about programming, specifically Java, and team management type questions. I met with members of several different teams and also had to take a 1 hour on-paper test to determine programming skils. The new office was quite nice, and everyone was pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would deal with a software project that was running behind schedule and there was no way to get the required functionality completed.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very basic. A brief introduction of the company history and then we went over the technical skill requirements for the position. A week after the phone interview I went for a group technical interview. Brief introductions again to high level team members and discussed the product and software used. Afterwards we went into the technical questions followed by whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a process workflow?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cupertino, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone Screen:
    I was contacted by the HR rep. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager seemed nice and asked detailed language related questions from java collections, generics, serialization, threading, design patterns, etc. Some of the topics were a little over my head but I managed to get a positive result.

Interview 1:
    I was asked to come in for an interview and also fill in employment application. It lasted for about 3 hrs. I met with the hiring manager and the principle/senior engineers. I was asked logic questions, a couple of java programming questions, and database questions. The interview went well and I was asked to come in for a second round.

Interview 2:
    Met with manager at first, he issued concerns about my salary requirements and then we went on with the interview. I met with some senior/junior engineers, the interview was much more technical than the first one. I was asked to go to the board and write code, draw graphs of sql join diagrams, write another programming question, explain every data structure I know, every sorting algorithm I know, write complex MySql queries, etc.

Post Interview 1
    The overall interview was positive and we began salary negotiations. Manager ended up low-balling me on my salary requirements and the picture became clear from interview 2. Tactics such as "you don't have enough experience" and "your not a senior engineer", "what if I pay you X will you accept" were used. Beware that they pay 10%+ below market. Anyways, manager asked if I would accept the position if offered at below my requirements. I said no and asked him to follow-up with anything that he can do to make it work out.

Post Interview 2
    Manager followed up but had made his mind that he wasn't going to budge. Didn't find that out until later. First told me about the amazing things about working with them and how they engaged in team building and outings the previous day. Next, he filled me in on his decision and hung up. Unfortunately, a positive interview experience went south fast.

Interview Questions

• If you have a large rock on a boat in a lake and then you throw the rock into the water, do you expect the lake level to rise or fall?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. First session with HR to discuss opportunities and salary requirement. Onsite interview was scheduled promptly in the following week. In person interview comprised of technical written test as well as 1:1 session with manager and few other folks. Initial verbal offer from HR and lengthy negotiation process which lasted for about couple of weeks before the final offer was tendered.

Negotiation

Pega tends to low ball most of the prospective employees. Have another offer in hand and be ready to put your foot down.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Bedford, NH (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through college/university to their summer intern program. Directly contacted the recruiter who came to campus; response within two weeks. First round phone interview in mid-December, mostly question about experience and why Pegasystems. Second round on site interview in January. There is a coding test of sorts that has some brain teasers and a choice of two questions to solve using Java. Was notified of offer results within a week after that.

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience and fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything, and they did not provide an opportunity to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and gave them my resume. I was contacted by them about a week later and was set up for a phone interview with one of the directors. They gave me a brief summary about their company and their products. They later asked me about the projects on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. A few weeks later, I got an email saying they were interested and set up a time to have a brief phone interview. A week later, I was emailed to have an interview on-site. The on-site interview consisted of three informal interviews with different members of the team. There was also a 45 minute portion where I was given three programming problems and asked to solve one of them and turn in my code at the end of the 45 minute mark.
    The reason I rate this experience as negative is because it seemed that two of the people I talked to had not looked at my resume before getting into the room with me, and occasionally made some pointed/disparaging remarks. Overall, I viewed this as a bad culture fit. While I didn't get an offer (but also didn't get rejected...nobody emailed me afterward), it was still an interesting learning experience. Please don't let my bad experience stop you from applying if you're interested in the product and the company, though.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, convert a string of roman numerals into a number   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.