Persado Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 3 May 2019

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Persado.

Interview

1. Skype interview to get to know you and one conceptual technical question
    2. 2-hour on-site interview where you speak to 3 people separately:
    -- Director of Engineering - generic coding problems
    -- Senior Ruby engineer - Rails-specific questions and a couple of Ruby problems
    -- Senior JS engineer - JS and front-end questions + 1 Git question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. 30-minute technical phone screen
    2. 2-hour on-site technical interview - 3 parts
    -- Ruby questions - some white-boarding, some conceptual questions
    -- Rails questions - white-boarding
    -- JS questions - not much coding, mostly answering questions about JS characteristics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Persado in September. There were three stages, each conducted by a different engineer. It was relatively light on algorithms and data structures and focused more on short questions to assess your familiarity with the particular language (opposed to testing how you think as a programmer). I would consider the difficulty of the questions to be on the easy-side overall, although you are of course being compared against other applicants so that does not necessarily mean that it reflects on the difficulty of getting an offer. Each interviewer was very approachable and friendly, in their own way, and I would consider this one of the much more enjoyable interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• How would you protect against the possibility of two users signing up for your website with the exact same email address at the exact same time?   Answer Question
    • If you have two two tables in a SQL database for users and tasks, where users have many tasks, how would you word a query that returned all users that had no tasks?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Persado.

Interview

Step one - skype session. Asked about background and several technical questions.
    Step two - onsite. 3 tech interviews by 3 different engineers

The onsite was not hard. However they also look at cultural fit in addition to your technical ability. So make sure you sound enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that when given N (number of steps) and M (maximum steps a person can take at a time), return the total number of possible sequences where the person can go from level 0 to level N.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Long (several hours), back to back to back small interviews with 5 different people, varying levels of disinterested, or even hostile. They challenged my ideas and my experience as if they did not believe what I was saying. They also baited me into saying certain things, and then reacted poorly when I fell for it. It was pretty adversarial at times.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your ambitions and react poorly when you say you might want upward mobility.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It starts with a typical phone screen, and then they email you with a GMAT test. There was nothing difficult about the math test. I got invited to an in-office interview. I went in with an open mind, but the last few reviews were correct. There was absolutely no diversity in the office. They're all white people. The questions they asked were your typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself; how would you answer a difficult question   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Persado.

Interview

I applied on linkedin and got a request for a phone screen a couple days later. The phone screen with the recruiter went well, and the recruiter seemed good. She told me what to expect for the next step (ie go to office for a numerical assessment, followed by an interview with a team member).

I got to the office, which was full of very young people, and the interviewer was late... We did, however, have a good chat, and then she handed me a laptop to do the 30-minute assessment. I was told to meet her out front at reception after I finished, but when I got there, she was nowhere to be found. Some other team member came by to help me, and even that person could not get a hold of the interviewer or the receptionist. I left.

A couple days later I heard back from the recruiter who then scheduled a webcam interview with the hiring manager. I was asked to do homework and return it by the next close of business. She said she would send me her email so I would be able to send in the assignment, but that didn't happen. I ended up guessing her email address and sending it that way. I also sent it in via the recruiter but didn't get a response back for many days (turned out she was on vacation), so I sent it in via linkedin as well.

Then...nothing. Didn't get any updates. A few days later, I followed up with the recruiter who said she would get an update by the end of the week, but the end of the week came and still nothing.

Finally, FOUR weeks after the first call with Persado, I finally heard back from them. The feedback I was given was the exact opposite of what my previous managers have said about me. [[Team Persado: You're not aggressive enough. Previous managers: You're very aggressive.]]

Cons: The snail's crawl at which this company moves blew my mind. The disappearing trick. The lack of updates.
    Pros: Good chats with each individual. The recruiter was responsive for the most part.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview.... ended the process after that step.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

From the time that the recruiter contacted me, to the time that I had onsite interviews, and eventually an offer I was shuttled through a seamless process. Everyone was excited about the opportunity to build the marketing department and willing to listen to creative initiatives for future implementation. The process was quick and painless, although there was definitely a sense of urgency.

A fast paced environment with passionate people

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Went through 6 rounds of interviews and never got a call back on whether or not I got the position. After a follow up email and call to the recruited with no response back I had to assume I did not get the job. Very unprofessional - if you are going to have a candidate spend that much time interviewing the least you could do is let them know you are going a different direction and thank him or her for the time spent.

First round is with recruiter, second met in person with the director of sales, third I went in office to do a sales presentation in front of other sales reps, then 3 rounds of Live Video interviews with other reps in other markets. You also have to take a test since it is a tech company that tests you on your math skills.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make the transition to another company?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.