Pinterest Interview Questions

Updated 14 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 352 of over 352 interviews

Employee Referral19%
Recruiter13%
HardAverageEasy

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

My interview process was over 2.5 months long. I first had an initial interview with the recruiter. Then I heard back about a week later that I was moving on to the next round with the hiring manager. Once I moved past that round, I was given a case study and was tasked with preparing a presentation. The final round was 3 different interviews + the presentation. I heard back about a week later that I was determined overqualified for the role and was asked to interview for the higher level role. I was told I would only have to interview once since I already did a full round. About 2 weeks later I interviewed with two people from the higher level. It wasn't until 4 weeks later that I heard back that they wanted me to interview with 4 additional employees and do my presentation again, even though I was told this round would be expedited. It was 8 days later after this final round that I heard they were moving forward with someone else and had no feedback to give me. All in all, this was an exhausting process. Everyone I met was really friendly and I was confident in moving forward, especially after going through 6 different interview rounds. At the end of this, I felt dragged along and only heard an update if I reached out to my recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • Why Pinterest? Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Pinterest (New York, NY)

Interview

Very drawn out hiring process- I had about 6 weeks of interviews ranging from multiple weeks of phone screens to two days of virtual "on sites", and evidently there would have been at least one other interview if I'd cleared that round. Recruiter never reached out proactively, he was always friendly when I checked in on progress, but I got the feeling a few times I might have been ghosted if I didn't reach out. Most of the people I interviewed with seemed genuinely warm, friendly, and amazing. One manager seemed...the exact opposite of that. I've never been in an interview where someone seemed annoyed that they had to talk to you, especially if the annoyed party is the one who posted the job. It was a genuinely unpleasant experience. At first I dismissed it as a one off, but then friends and family started sending me "don't join!" emails with links to Pinterest horror stories so maybe the friendly folks were the anomaly. Didn't get an offer (or make it to round 157) so my family can rest easy. They really seemed to be pushing contract roles even as they were rejecting me. So if you're desperate to work there, they'll probably be happy to have you if they don't have to pay you benefits.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

There was a phone screening interview with HR for 15-20 mins around past experience/projects and later 1 HR technical interview with one of the data scientist focusing on SQL, Python, Probability and case study.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Honestly I was so excited to get an interview at Pinterest, but the process was seriously bizarre. First interview was standard with their internal recruiter, second was definitely tough and very situational questions but was a great experience. The four interviews at the last stage realllly threw me for a number of reasons. The first one was with another AM and I was supposed to have received an excel doc to do some work on - which I did not. After that awkwardness was over she said they could follow up with the doc after and could do the exercise if needed. The interview continued and she asked me to pretend I was an advertiser, explain how I would spend my marketing budget exactly, what company I would use for website attribution, how I would encourage my CEO to keep spending on Pinterest - the list goes on. It was very tough and a bit formal. The next three were just as tough and it was clear they had canned questions they had to ask that made all of the interviews clunky, awkward, overly formal, and not really a conversation. The last person clearly had no interest in interviewing someone that day and basically told me I could drop after his questions were done. I really didnt get a chance to get to know any of the team members, if we would mesh well, etc. because of the format. IMO its advertising, not rocket science, anyone can figure out/learn account management work so the focus of the interview should be on working together well and also allowing the interviewee to ask questions. I left wondering why such a fun company with (from what I understand) a great culture would have such a formal process. It helped me decide that the job wasn't for me, but I wish it had gone differently.

Interview Questions
  • Define ambiguity? How have you experienced ambiguity in the workplace?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

- I submitted my resume online at their website - I received and email from the recruiter and had a 30-minute call to discuss the role and my responsibilities - Next step was a 30-minute call with the hiring manager - After that, the provided a writing exercise - Writing exercise

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me about your experience
2 people found this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

There's a coding question of data processing using Python and some basic concepts of statistics such as explaining p values. The interviewing processing was quite interesting and relaxing. This position is very product oriented.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

The first step was a 4-hour coding challenge. The 4 hours were just for one coding question but you could turn it in early. Next, there was a coding interview which began with a quick behavioral question. After that, there is another coding interview with two people from the company.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Given a matrix of 1s and 0s and one cell as a starting point, determine the greatest number of 1s that are connected to the starting cell. Q: Binary search

Application

Interview

The recruiter was great, very knowledgeable about the role and company. Unfortunately the hiring manager did not seem to be on the same page. The recruiter and job posting mentioned remote work, but the hiring manager seemed not aligned to this strategy. They expressed hesitation about permanently working remote post-Covid and advised they think person would do better meeting face to face with stakeholders. Definitely clarify the expectations of your role if you are not located near an office.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest in Apr 2021

Interview

I had a call with recruiter first and it took a month to have the next call with hiring manager. The initial call was HM rescheduled due to their time conflict and then they scheduled virtual onsite for me. 30 minutes before my virtual onsite, they canceled my interviews because they made an offer to a candidate a week ago....

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest in Apr 2021

Interview

After submitting my application through their website, I first got a request for an hour-long phone screen interview. That went well and the recruiter was very nice. The next day we set up a 30-minute video chat with the hiring manager for the following week. The HM was also very nice and engaging. Overall the experience was friendly and professional. I did wish they provided a little more feedback and a more personable rejection email since we had been communicating for about 3 weeks at that point.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 352 Interviews