Principal Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Principal Financial Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Principal Financial Group

2.7

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group in January 2014.

Interview

Open ended interview to determine whether personal goals /beliefs aligns with business model. They really try to ask questions to help determine whether you have the qualities to succeed in the insurance business. Be ready to build a book of business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell insurance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to schedule a preliminary phone call with HR - call with HR was interest-based. Final interview was a panel of four employees from different teams. Interview was fit-based, no technical questions as it is an 8 month internship and you will learn everything you need to know on the job. Great people and great company.

Interview Questions

• Describe you worked in a team, including the outcome.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy, one phone interview and one in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of two panels of four people. Very fit and interest based interviews. In the phone screen they ask you to rate your skills with Microsoft Office, Argus, and a few other programs.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online then had a phone interview. They asked a lot of behavioral and team work questions also wanted to know about leadership experiences I've had. Heard back within the same day to schedule an in person interview. With this particular department they do a panel style interview where they have 8-10 people interviewing at the same time. Took around a week to hear back after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of leadership activities are you involved in on campus.   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA (US)).

Interview

got in through a connection. The process is 2 interviews, each 45min with 4 people asking you questions. they go over your resume. its very simple and im just trying to get to the 50 word min that this site requires. just dont do anything stupid

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

Good, brief ... technical test followed by Tech interview, Mgr interview and HR. Technical test depends on the job role you seek. For development, the technical test checks people for sql and logical aptitude in programming. Make sure you dont quote too high a salary in your expectations since they weed out such candidates after the first test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

3 rounds of interview- all behavioral. Focused on knowing whether individual is good fit for the organization or not. Questions mostly asked from resume. Leadership experience if any would be grilled as they want to hire employees who could be future leaders in the organization. Salary negotiation not required as you would be paid best in the industry

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

No email, only phone calls. They were last minute with their interview scheduling, but the interview was well done and professional. There were two people asking questions, but the questions were mainly asked by the recruiter. Nothing was particularly notable, and this was just a screening call more or less.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions, most of them were pertaining to personal experiences. A specific one was to talk about a personal mistake.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

I applied online for a (juniorish) SE position, and eventually met with leads from two different teams. They both said they would be working with ETL tools for a few months, but that eventually coding opportunities might come up (seemed more like a Data Engineer role to me). I thought this was odd. Afterward, I met with a team of senior developers who expected me to be an expert in AWS. At the end of the interview, the senior developers told me there was a bit of a mix up on their end and that they were interviewing me for a senior position that needed to know AWS. I had previously been told that no cloud experience was necessary for the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Start with a on-demand video interview. you just record yourself... then if you pass than you will be contacted by HR, and you will do a video interview with 2 engineer.. it would only last 30 mins despite it says it should be an hour.. in this phase, most behavior questions asked. 0 technical questions... no coding, just talk about your experience and allow you to ask questions.
    after couple weeks got a email. not move forward with my application. I thought i did well tho.

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience with pair programming.. what make u do coding   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.