QIAGEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

QIAGEN Interview Questions

Interviews at QIAGEN

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Applied online, immediately and early the next morning I got an email from HR to schedule a 30 minute phone interview later that week. Interview was relatively easy, just explaining the position, asking questions about my resume, and my asking questions I had for them.

A few days later, I heard back and scheduled an on-site interview. First group to meet with were some team members, went pretty much the same as the phone interview. Next person was with HR, who told me the salary I listed was unreasonable and that companies automatically discard applications with too-high salary requirements (yet they still invited me to interview, contradicts what they said). Last person to meet with was the hiring manager, asked me if I had more questions.

They didn't have the common courtesy to send a rejection email, even after taking the effort to meet with them in person.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Met with HR, then two technical people, lunch, and a higher level executive. The technical questions were very straight-forward, they wanted to hear what I had been doing in my previous job. They spent time describing their company - they did a good job of trying to see if we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe what lab process you were familiar with (for DNA sequencing)   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Collegeville, PA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I'm sure this has changed over the years as I applied over 3 years ago. Initially, there was a phone screen, then a week later I had a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. Two days after, I interviewed with the same hiring manager and the sales director. The final check was a phone interview with the VP of sales. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks before the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a competitive sell for our blood TB test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I failed to counter offer. In hindsight, I would have done this.

Bioinformatics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

30 minutes phone screen, then coding and other assignments, and then onsite interview. It is tough but within a reasonable range of difficulty. Phone screen is more about my career interests and general background. Coding and other assignments should be relatively easy for people with average background in bioinformatics. Onsite interview involves several 45 min conversations with more challenging questions from both bio and computational sides.

Bioinformatics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

After a preliminary phone interview, was a given an online coding evaluation requiring intermediate coding ability. Interviewed on site about two weeks later. Questions seemed to be thought up on the fly and mainly based on NGS analysis, coding, and about things on Resume.

Interview Questions

• What tools would you use to perform variant analysis (finding SNPs, etc.)?   Answer Question

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Germantown, MD (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview started on the phone with Germany with the direct supervisor of the position and ended with a on site interview in the US headquarters. Overall all the process was good starting from the first phone call until the day I had to go to the main office to meet the management team. The bad side is that since November 2018 until March 2019 nobody was able to give me a response about the process until a seemly automated message came back saying another candidate already filled the position (this only happened after many attempts from my side to get a response, mostly to close the process in my end) I got the feeling after this process the HR team in the US is not really professional y would encourage anyone applying to the company in the US to make really sure you talk to many different persons in HR and not only the recruiting team before you set sail to try to join them. I still think it is a good company and the location was nice.

Interview Questions

• Pricing models for their business. Please come up with best pricing model?   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Quite simple and straightforward. Two phone screens and one on-site interview. First phone screen was critical and after that there was another behavioral phone screen. On site interview had 5 rounds and consisted meeting with nine interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies and projects you worked in previous company?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Fine i enjoyed the interview process because it was professional and very well done. I reallt enjoyed meeting everyone it was great. Everyone was very welcoming. The office is very nice and warm and inviting.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Frederick, MD (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from hiring manager. Job offer in 10 days

Interview Questions

• Several questions were asked about educational qualifications and reasons for interest in Qiagen   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN in January 2017.

Interview

3 rounds 2 phone screens and one in person with 2 people. The folks were lovely. Overall I thought my interviews went really well. Got verbal confirmation I got the job, 3 days later got a call saying the job was cut from their budget. I think I dodged a bullet but the people seemed great. Disappointed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.