REA Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 10 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at REA Group (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Great feedback throughout the process, fair and balanced approach. Was made to feel really comfortable and welcomed. I had to have two interviews and compete psychometric testing as well. Each interview went for about an hour. I was also able to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the salary offered and did not negotiate further

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at REA Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Three stages : coding exercise, coffee catch up, on site interviews. There are three interviews on site, each is one hour : pairing exercise, technical interview and cultural interview. This is all done fairly and people are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Explain your coding exercise, design decisions, patterns, etc...   1 Answer
    • Pair programming   1 Answer
    • Cultural interview   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REA Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

First phone interview and it was all behavioural questions. Second was Skype interview, got ready and dressed up but it turns out the interviewer does not want the camera on. The interviewer was very unprofessional, used the word 'stupid' in giving feedback, arrogant.. I was surprised that he let me proceed to the next step of the process. Was very hesitant to go to the assessment centre after that skype interview but went anyway. The assessment centre was actually good, it was well structured and the staff was nice.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at REA Group.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter who said they were considering non Ruby devs as they had exhausted the pool of Ruby devs in Melbourne. So they gave me a coding task to complete in order to get an interview. You have to build a robot that responds to commands such as move, turn etc. The brief also said to ensure you use OO, TDD etc. So being a .net dev who'd never done any Ruby dev aside from a little tinkering this was going to be a challenge. I spent the next few days doing Ruby tutorials and then did the coding task taking a solid week (outside of work hours) to complete it. The one thing I focussed the most on was TDD. Being a strong advocate of TDD (and assuming they are too) I wanted to perform best in this area. I got my head around RSpec and properly test drove all the behaviour. It did everything the brief said it should and the specs I wrote proved that it did.

After 6 weeks this is the feedback I got:

"The feedback is mostly based on the fact the implementation itself has a lot to be desired - the OO modelling isn’t ideal, with a lot of key strokes spent on defining the grid (coordinates) and the direction turning. The use of Null pattern is good, but the “Shared” module naming is too vague and doesn’t help with code clarity”

To me it sounds like they are just wasting people's time. Expecting devs with no experience in ruby to achieve an incredibly high level in a matter of weeks?? Certainly it gave me the feedback I needed to know to make the decision that I don't want to work there. Perhaps they didn't know the context that I learnt Ruby and completed the task in a week. Based on how long it took them to get back to me though and the flippant nature of the feedback it doesn't seem they are really that interested in hiring. Anyway the link to my github repo and the toy robot challenge is below for anyone interested.

Interview Questions

• Complete the Toy Robot coding challenge   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at REA Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple and thorough. Interviewers were friendly and helpful throughout the interview and shortlisting process. I did a video interview, a cognitive test, and finally a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when time management helped you accomplish something   Answer Question

Middle Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at REA Group (Milan (Italy)) in March 2012.

Interview

One interview, blurred, no info on the job so they hired me but I know I am not suitable for my role.

Interview Questions

• "In the web industry, no one invented something new in the last 10 years"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The talk was just about monay (not because of me): result just +5%

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at REA Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

You are initially evaluated on a coding challenge. After that, you have a group interview followed by a pairing session and finally a cultural group interview.

Overall the process was great. Especially the pairing session. It felt more like a code pairing session than an interview.

There are some amazing people at this company. Who made me feel very welcomed. I had a great time and enjoyed the process very much.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an opinion clash with your team members or lead?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at REA Group (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Few phases of the interview process:

1) Coding Test -
    Pretty easy if you're familiar with the basics of programming. You get to choose the language you want to code in. The questions are fairly straightforward. I guess this to test if you can do basic stuff.

2) Group Interview:
    You play a game in an "agile" way. This tests if you could work in a team, how collaborative you are etc. If you research well enough you'll know what game you're about to play and you can learn a few tricks before hand to give you a boost.

3) Technical Interview (face-to-face):
    This was with two people, a team lead and a mid level engineer. This was by far my favourite part of the interview process. Both the engineers were pretty chilled out and we kinda sat together and solved the problem. They ended up really liking me and my way of approaching a technical problem.

4) Cultural Interview (face-to-face):
    STAR based questions, some questions are quite unnecessary and time-consuming. Three interviewers - I had a feeling one of them didn't like me from the start. (Also, the only part in the entire process where I felt they already had a decision in mind )

Got a reject saying with specific feedback ( which is good ) saying that the tech team liked me but the cultural team felt I wouldn't be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Define the architecture of a simple software system.   1 Answer

Senior Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at REA Group.

Interview

The interviewers didn't well prepare. The HR lady only wrote 3-5 questions at the back of my CV while the hiring manager had something in his mind.
    The interview only went for about 15min then I started to drive it by asking questions.
    Some of the interview questions were vague, e.g. How would you manage moving to this role? Do you know REA Agile style?

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at REA Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2018.

Interview

The process is very lengthy and most people will accept another offer.
    Discussion with HR (Try to ask technical stuff but you can make out that they don't know anything)
    Coding Test
    Pairing Round
    Technial Interview
    Cultural Interview

Interview Questions

• Pairing was good and the folks were really great.
      Technical interview - people were very arrogant and acted as if they work for Google. When I asked about how do you make sure code quality, the answer was we only hire smart and the best developers. I couldn't stop laughing. No questions on design/architecture. The guys were not interested because it wasn't for their team.
      Cultural Interview - Nice guys, asking very relavant questions and sensible, in my opinion this is crucial round compare to technical

The recruiters were really really lazy, never get back on time, the interview arrangement was really bad, the rooms that they arranged didn't have basic facilities.
      They claim to give a feedback within 1 day whereas they didn't even reply emails for 2 weeks.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.