Redburn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Redburn Interview Questions

Interviews at Redburn

Equity Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Redburn in March 2018.

Interview

She had a list of questions ready and the interview was mostly behavioural. She wanted to test whether you are a well-rounded person and your knowledge about the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• If you could bring back a historical figure, who would he/she be and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Redburn in February 2016.

Interview

Resume drop and subsequent on-campus interview. Mix of behavioral and markets based questions. Interviewers wanted to gauge personality and fit within the office culture. Some questions were 'out of the box' which you cannot prepare for.

Second round consisted of two skype interviews with NY partners in the following weeks. Very behavioral and directed toward gauging interest in markets as well office 'fit'. Some quesons were 'out of the box' which you cannot prepare for. Received offer about a week after second round.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about oil?

If you could have a beer with one person from history, who would it be?   Answer Question

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Redburn (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Saw a posting on Linkedin for this posting through a recruiter, and applied. Recruiter responded and explained the role, and who Redburn are. Redburn decided to bring me in for interview. Unfortunately, I was 5 minutes late to interview, due to train running slow, even though I gave myself some buffer time. I interviewed with head of HR, who's located in NYC office. She explained the role, and asked me about my experience, and why I was looking to leave my current role.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Redburn (London, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

After applying via email with a CV and cover letter end of September, I was contacted for 2 interviews for the first round, with one Equity Research Analyst each, specialists of different sectors. Each interview last about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Precise questions specific to my CV, dissertation, past experiences, notably valuation-wise.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redburn (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Submitted CV then invited to assessment centre (just 1 round). Partner presentation followed by speed-dating style interviews with current analysts who asked fit questions, brain teasers and market sizing. Following that we were split into 2 groups. We chose topic briefs from a hat, had 10 mins to prepare a speech and then presented it to HR, the team of interviewees and some senior employees with questions. After that moved to rotation of interviews 1-on-1 with employees from different coverage areas and seniority.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are important skills in equities research?
      Would you repay a student loan early?   Answer Question

Access Team Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redburn in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. 2 stage process: Initially an interview with Head of Team and a more junior member. Next round with HR and a senior manager.

Questions focused on knowledge of the company and the business, interest in the role and overall competencies.

Interview Questions

• A number of case study questions: if you were to organise an event about X, what would be the themes you would cover? Who would you invite?

General competency and motivation questions: Why Redburn? Why do you want to change jobs?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Interview

Second Round: HR and two people from various teams

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.