SSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

SSE Interview Questions

Interviews at SSE

2.9

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SSE (New London, WI (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

You have to do some online tests then a video interview, where you have to record yourself answering some questions about yourself and why you wanna join the conpany, and a bit about the role you applied for.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SSE (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with several management figures followed by an introductory meeting with the same management figures. The questions about skills and experience were relatively easy to answer and the experience questions were not extensive because the company was hiring fresh college graduates.

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Telephone, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a 10-minute telephone interview after an online application and some online verbal and numerical reasoning test. The recruiter was a bit unfriendly and there was lot of noise in the background, which I didn't like. The questions were competency-based. After that, the next step was the assessment center

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this programme?

What did you do to enhance your career except of your studies?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

Application online followed by a call from HR. Invited to the assessment centre which included a formal interview, presentation on a selected topic, aptitude tests (paper based) and a group activity.

Renewables Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inverness, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at SSE (Inverness, Scotland (UK)) in September 2020.

Interview

Applied pre-COVID so the whole process took about 6 months. At the interview, no one was present questions popped up on the screen and I had 3 minutes to think of an answer, I then went on to record my answer and repeated this for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SSE?   1 Answer

Head of Function Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSE (Perth, Scotland (UK)) in July 2020.

Interview

The process appeared to be growing in additional phases whist live. It went from a two stage process including a presentation to a four stage process, presentation and three psych test. The rationale for the additional stages appeared vague and irrelevant to a role that was paying much lower than the market average. Appears they have yet to realise the selection process is a two way process and gives the candidate a great insight into org culture, which in this case, appeared heavily outdated for IT and Transformation roles. The interviewer was extremely inexperienced as lacked SME knowledge and awareness of external research and trends (Garner, Big 4 etc) within IT, CX and transformation. Insight resulted in me withdrawing from the process as it appeared a culture from 20+ years ago.

Interview Questions

• Basic team first line team leader questions and too low level for a Head of function role e.g. give an example of managing a team, etc   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online for the distribution graduate scheme, completed video interview and was offered a place at an assessment centre in Thatcham on the 27th November 2019. On the 24th November 2019 I was called by the recruitment team to cancel the assessment centre as they did not have enough candidates, which would make the group task infeasible. I was reassured that another date will be agreed for mid to late January 2020. I then received an email at the end of January saying:

"Thank you for applying to join the SSE Graduate Programme.

We regret to advise you that a decision has been taken by the business not to progress with the recruitment of this post and the vacancy has now been cancelled.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause and want to thank you for the time and effort you put into the recruitment process.

We hope that you will apply to SSE in the future. Any new opportunities will be posted on our careers site (www.sse.com/careers)."

Firstly, how can a large company like SSE not have enough candidates? I know many people who applied the same time as me and were not offered a place at the assessment centre. Secondly, a graduate scheme is done year after year thus, how hard can it be to arrange the same thing at the same time every year? To top it off, they have apparently cancelled the vacancy as a whole which leaves me to believe they are some sort of sick joke.

Interview Questions

• Why not apply for a more organised company with a functional recruitment process?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSE.

Interview

Firstly there were some online tests. After I passed these I was invited for an online interview, I didn't feel I prepared particularly well for this but was still offered a place at an assessment centre. I was rejected at the assessment centre stage.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up to date with developments in the industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSE (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

My experience consisted of an initial application , SJT testing and a recorded video interview, although there is an assessment centre for people who get past the video interview. The video interview requires a webcam, but is flexible so can be done during any point until the deadline given.

Interview Questions

• Questions are based around each of their values, which are listed online in leaflets etc. So study them and prepare competency based answers and past experiences to give in response   Answer Question

Graduate Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Submit a CV and follow up with psychometric testing online. Complete a digital video interview answering mainly competency based questions to get accepted to assessment centre which is composed of an interview and presentation

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you considered safety when other had not

Describe a time where   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.