Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Electronics America

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in March 2010.

Interview

Interview at the time in 2006 went very well and good judge of company people. Now the process may be more strategic.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Richardson, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by a technical phone interview followed by a panel interview in their Dallas office (Richardson).

Interview process from recruiters was extremely professional and they deserve a thumbs up for the great work they do. However I cannot say the same for the people I met in the Richardson office for the technical interview.

One interviewer did not show up and I stayed waiting until the next one came in.
    The last interviewer, the hiring manager, entered the room and asked non technical questions. When he left he threw a comment saying that "Samsung" is better than the company that you used to work for ( I won't mention the name here for professional reasons), and he snuffed while leaving the room.

Later on I discovered that although everybody on the panel gave me the thumbs up on the technical interview, the hiring manager said I was not good enough technically.

I guess he held a grudge against the company i used to work for and he just exerted his anger on me, very unprofessional. in any case, their loss.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, NJ (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was swift and informative. I had a few phone/video interviews then an in person interview. After the in person interview the recruiter never followed up with an answer which was disappointing. I would have liked feedback. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Run though of the resume and expierence specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Recruiter was great, interview process was quickly moved forward, great communication.
    Know your resume, and expect to be bombarded by technical questions during the interview, they know their stuff and you should too. Don't expect any behavioral questions, its not a big deal to the interviewers, probably had about 40-50 technical questions and no behavioral/team-fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you are 100% on whatever is on the job description.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

C- test including balanced binary tree, pthread API's

lots of pointers questions, debugging, memory allocation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

It was a fairly low stress interview process where they tried to get to know you better and learn about your past experience and how you approach problems. It also provided a way to get a feel for the development environment as well as the team dynamic.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2014.

Interview

I had two rounds of telephonic interview after which I was called on-site for 5 rounds of interview with 4 engineers and one hiring manager. The interview included basic algorithms and scalability questions. The overall process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Given a word, find all words from a dictionary which an be created by rearranging the words.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Richardson, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, dumb questions. Interviewed by a group of 4 engineers and the last round the hiring manager. Questions are fairly easy, ranging from basic concepts of C/C++ language, domain specific concepts, to whiteboard coding and very fundamental algorithms. Not much negotiation room.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process will be entirely dependent on the team you're interviewing for. My phone screen was with one of the engineers on the team and was comprised of behavioral questions and discussion of previous experience. Following that, I had an onsite where I was greeted by the recruiter and led to one of the meeting rooms. Each interview was with a member of the team and was 30 minutes. The questions were mainly to gauge domain knowledge and there was not a big emphasis on algorithms. It felt like an informal technical discussion which was nice.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Bellevue, WA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter . He asked basic HR questions. Then had a second phone interview with hiring manager and three other people (Director and Engineers).

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my basic background knowledge and field experience about RF   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.