Samsung India Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Samsung India Electronics Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung India Electronics

2.9

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a couple hour long technical interview with senior technical guy. Most of the time, was explaining my past projects, challenges and technologies I have used. Gave few programs to concentrate on performance on the algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Challenges faced and how did you overcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave a position and package below my expectation and during HR discussion I have again stressed on my expectation and got the designation and increment in package( but, not as much as demanded)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics.

Interview

Campus placement process included GD then aptitude test and inyerview. The GD was really energetic, and they look out for such qualities in the candidate. Make your impression in the GD and half your battle is won. Aptitude test is easy don't worry about it. Quant and logic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

See if you honestly like sales. My advice : do sales even if it pays you peanuts. It will be a lesson for lifetime as you will continously sell yourself at every step of your life. And your sales experience is going to teach you how to do it well!

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They asked about data structure and programming. There was 5 rounds of Interview. But I did not lifke it at all. The work which is done here is totally differently what was asked in the interview process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida) in September 2011.

Interview

For candidate with 1 year of experience,It started with a written exam, with question mostly from C,Operating System,Data Structure.It was a MCQ paper.
    Then with a round of technical interview and HR round.

Interview Questions

• logical questions in C, with some algorithms to write down.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt tried to negotiate as they were offering as per my expectations.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics.

Interview

On campus
    1) One written test on aptitude - shortlisted
    2) One written test on C coding : given programs, we have to write the output - shortlisted
    2 interviews: Technical and Hr
    First technical and then hr.
    Technical is mostly based on CV and in hr, usual hr interview questions like where do you see yourself 5 years from now

Interview Questions

• 1) About projects
      2) As my btech project is on networks, he asked me some graph algorithms like dikshtra, kruskal
      3) Some questions which are given in C coding test about the logic how I answered those questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jalandhar, Punjab

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Jalandhar, Punjab) in September 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of written test. One was Aptitude and Logical reasoning. Two rounds of interview one was technical and other was HR round. Questions were moderate. Moderate technical knowledge was enough to solve the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida) in May 2012.

Interview

Hi friends, i would like to share my interview experience with SISC Noida.
    I got the call from a consultancy and appeared for the interview round on 12 April 2012.

Round 1.
    First was the written test comprising of C, C++ And data structure questions, all objective types.
    Please get clear with pointers concepts as mostly questions revolve around the same.
    Secondly, virtual, polymorphism concepts should be very clear as most objective questions were based on them on c++.
    Data structure questions revolved around linked list, sorting and searching.

Round 2.
    After results, two persons took f2f round of interview asking all fundamentals of C, pointers, storage classes in C, volatile variables and usages, interrupts, semaphores and mutexe, IPC mechanism
    (shared memory implementations, fifo etc. binary semaph and mutexes) etc.

Round 3.
    After results, another senior person took another f2f asking all c++ concepts. virtual destructors, references, classes, friend functions and classes, written programs of single linked list, reversing linked list, function pointers, doubly linked list, binary trees, some random sorting algorithms like quick sort merge sort etc.

Round 4.
    After that they gave me a lunch coupon and asked to have lunch and we will resume remaining rounds post lunch.
    At 4, group of 2 members took another round asking about my prior projects work experience, some concepts like multi threading, program implementation of the same, shared and static library differences and usages, makefile concepts, compilation detailed procedure viz preprocessor, compilation, assembling, etc., extern usages and example, static functions and variables and some other c related concepts.

After that i was told to go back and wait for there reply.
    I received there call almost after 20 days, there HR hardly give any response of the selection status.
    I just remained positive as heard a lot that HR guys are very lazy and hardy follow up or give any positive reply.
    Then i was called for managerial rounds as they told the project manager wants to take one final round with me, so i went again on 15 May.

Round 5.
    The manager was pretty cool, he just asked about my past experience, my projects and c concepts, asked me about writing some programs like reversing a linked list, reverse string and copy string without using any library function, using pointers, and some other c and DS concepts.
    After that, he gave me a form to fill, they have some color coding, white means you have less chances of selection and yellow means some positive, luckily i got the yellow form.

Round 6.
    After few days i was called again for the HR round. The HR manager of samsung india software centre took my HR round.
    He started with their favourite questions.
    1. Tell me about yourself,
    2. Strengths and weaknesses.
    3. family background, future goals, short term and long term goals etc.
    4. Some inspiring quotes that i hv come across recently.
    5. describe a situation in which u had to take tough decisions in life. etc.
    Then he explained me everything about the organization, work culture,growth procedures, etc.

Then finally i received an offer letter from the HR within a week after the HR round.
    The entire process took more than a month, so guys just be patient and give your best and leave the rest to your destiny.
    Wish u all gud luck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I happily accepted the offer, didn't thought of negotiating just because of good brand name and product based organization.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida) in July 2012.

Interview

3 Rounds- 1st GSAT, Aptitude test, 50 questions in 1 hour.
    2nd Technical Interview, mostly according to your CV. C, C++ and Java are main topics and a puzzle.
    3rd HR Interview, general questions.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida) in July 2010.

Interview

I was called for interview by a consultant. There were two rounds. Both were technical. They asked a few questions on C and thats it.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida) in April 2011.

Interview

Written Exam and 2 round of technical interviews.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.