Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Sears

2,865 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very basic, normal retail questions specific to different departments in the store and how you would handle a fellow employee stealing from the company. Asked if I could complete a drug test, if I had reliable transportation to the store and how familiar I was with different sales techniques. Overall, a very simple process and if you present well and are respectful you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you discovered another employee was stealing from the store?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewed with 4 finance and accounting managers, 30 mins each. We reviewed my experience as well as my goals. The questions were not too difficult, but you need to prepare

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Met a current HR employee and told her I was looking for work as I was laid off. Came in with resume, they were impressed with previous experience, offered job that day. Store manager seemed nice at the time.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly to me. I didn’t have a driver’s license. He said, he would refer me to the cashier department instead. The job is too far for me anyway.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a license? Was I comfortable working company hours? Why did I want to work as a Sales Rep   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears in January 2020.

Interview

Phone and in person interview but very lengthy . Basically question was ok but no up to market . dont interview with this company not good environment stay away best advice

Interview Questions

• UI basic question and UI Technology   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed after waiting almost 50 minutes. The interviewer was not aware I was there to be interviewed. I was then taken to one of the unused optical examination rooms to be interviewed. The interviewer spent more time talking about their experiences instead of interviewing me. The interviewer stated that they were not even sure if that particular store would be open in the next few months. Before the interview was over, I was told that I would hear from another manager the following day. I never heard from the other manager. I sent a follow up email to the HR recruiter that set-up the interview and I never received a response.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email about a week later to schedule an interview. It was a short basic interview questions about experience, previous job, what can you contribute to the company.

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (San Juan, PR (US)).

Interview

Very brief and basically straight to the point. Both the manager and the assistant manager interviewed me. They ask me three questions and offered me a job afterwards. Question were simple and nothing more to it.

Interview Questions

• If we talked with one of your former employers, how would they describe you?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Pleasant experience from the initial contact from the recruiter through the follow on phone interviews with the manager then director. Everyone was pleasant and easy to communicate with. Great to hear about the direction they’re headed in!

Interview Questions

• They like to elaborate on anything on your resume and “talk shop” with regards to your technical expertise. Overall the process took a couple weeks, only notification of status in the process was through the applicant portal.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Buena Park, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

It was quick and easy. I sat down, was asked a few questions about school, my schedule, then a few theoretical questions. The interviewer was very nice and was straight to the point, there was no "weighted questions" or "double meanings". The topics discussed were relevant and extremely direct to avoid confusion.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.