ServiceNow Senior Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ServiceNow Senior Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at ServiceNow

2.5

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ServiceNow in October 2017.

Interview

1st round was onsite for an hour. I was then invited for the final onsite round. I was interviewed with 4 members of the team. One of them came up with a question from the internet and was expecting the same solution which he found online. I suggested solutions with O(n) complexity whereas the interviewer was expecting the exact solution which he found online with O(nlogn) . I suggested other solutions too with O(nlogn) which weren't considered. I couldn't argue much.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ServiceNow

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

My resume was passed through a former colleague who worked in this team. I got an email from the director, which then led to a first telephonic interview with the hiring manager. Just getting to know about my current projects etc. Then there was another telephonic coding session with a developer from the team and was called on-site after that.

The onsite rounds were with some developers and some tech leads and managers. Pretty simple stuff. Relatively easy coding questions if you hv read CTCI. In all, i spoke with 6 people and all were really nice people. Great colleagues to work with, imo.

I was impressed by the speed of the whole process. Email on friday, telephonic by mid week, onsite within a week and result by the next monday.

I was offered the position but the package was not what I was looking for. If not for the big difference in money, I would have accepted the offer in a heartbeat.

Interview Questions

• finding unique element in an array that has other elements in pair
      Poker game design (OOD)
      Union and Intersection of arrays
      etc   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 phone interviews, a take home project and in person interviewing.

First phone interview with hiring manager was a "get to know you" call. Easy.

Second phone interview was with engineer who asked some specific questions (some of which were) related to my skill set. (1) Hibernate: how to perform a save; diff between save and update; attached vs detached (2) diff between HashMap and HashSet (3) Hash code and collision avoidance. Some tough questions in there about data structure implementation in Java. Moderate difficulty.

He also got me onto CollabEdit to produce some code for him: (1) reverse array (2) prime factors. Follow up questions were on how to make the code more efficient (time and memory). Easy except no auto-complete in CollabEdit.

Received a take home project (Bliffoscope). They give you a week to implement it. It takes about that long to complete working evenings. Moderate difficulty, just time consuming.

Interviews started at 11 am and ended at 6 pm - total of 6 interviews. No breaks, no lunch. Pretty intense. Some of these guys are very smart. Out of the 6 interview there were a couple where the interviewer was out to lunch. Literally texting on their phone or "only have 20 minutes" and rushing out the door.

First interview (Senior): Don't recall much about this, I had brought a presentation on my current project which I walked him through and he asked questions about.

Second interview (Principle): This guy had other things on his mind. Gave me a problem to work on the white board and sat back and responded to texts. Reverse the words in an array using one char of swap space. If you figure out the trick, it's easy (reverse the whole array then reverse each word back). I didn't figure out the trick and got zero input from interviewer. Normally, you get a little bit of guidance if you are off track. Floundered here with a brute force approach which is tough to figure out on a whiteboard.

Third Interview (Senior): Another I have blanked on. Asked me to write some SQL - even though they don't really use it? Very friendly, relaxed.

Fourth Interview (Senior): Solid interviewer. Asked me the usual questions, then got me on his laptop to fix a bug in some code (Tennis match scoring app). Most difficult part was working Eclipse on a mac (they use all mac at ServiceNow). After figuring out how tennis scoring works (crazy!) resolved the bug fairly quickly and discussed how the app could be made better. This guy was involved, interested and helpful when I asked questions.

Fifth Interview (Director): This guy was on his way out the door. Dropped the "shortest path in a graph" algorithm on me. I wasn't ready for this one, but worked it out. Lots of discussion on this, peppered me with questions. He left before I completed it which led to Interview #6

Sixth Interview (unknown): This guy got thrown in the room when the Director left, he sat there and texted as well as I worked the problem on the board. Funny thing is I finished and he didn't even look up, just said "OK". Fact of the matter was that the algorithm was *not* correct.

I followed up with e-mails (including completed solutions for those that I hadn't fully completed for them) thanking them for their time. No response, which was a harbinger of things to come.

4 weeks after interview, still no response (Yeah, I've got that high school dating feeling now). No scheduled call, no information what-so-ever.

End of 4th week I get a call at 6:30 PM from hiring manager. Not going to be a fit. I ask for any specific feedback he can provide to help me. Response is "You need to interview more" and "Your failure to focus on the problem at large".

Now for my commentary:
    OK. Not a fit, that's cool. He would not give me specific interviews where these comments would apply (I was a referral, so I know someone there and it makes sense he didn't want to upset anyone).

My general feeling on ServiceNow is that they want to find people who are super smart or study data structures and algorithms. I asked a couple of times after given a problem "Do you guys do a lot of stuff like this?" and the answer was always "No". My impression, based on the interviews is that there are a lot of "thinkers" and not too many "do-ers".

Negative experience is due to:
    1. Some interviewers were out to lunch
    2. Amount of time for a response was un-professional and insulting

Interview Questions

• Reverse an array of words using only a single char swap space   1 Answer
    • Write me the shortest path algorithm for a graph   1 Answer
    • Bliffoscope problem: https://github.com/samhart/bliffoscope   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Hyderabad) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied using reference. Got a call after a week.
    The interview was scheduled by one of the developers in the project.
    Two rounds are completed within 3 hours. They are more focus on algorithms, problem-solving.
    Good Experience till now.
    Next day the manager scheduled a manager round. I completed with a positive note,
    Manager communicated job roles and responsibilities. I thought I cleared round.
    I didn't get call till now. I sent multiple mails to manager but no response.

After a week I got the reply from the manager, as they kept my profile on hold.
    Till now I didn't interact with HR itself.

Please acknowledge your response atleast it will help to focus on other opportunities.

Don't waste our time again, without communication about feedback.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates without any collections   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Hyderabad) in March 2018.

Interview

2 technical rounds follwed by a discussion with IDC head. All are technical in nature. 1st round comprises one coding and design question. Java discussion in 2nd round. Last round is a design question followed by general discussions

Interview Questions

• find the element that isnt repeated and rest all repeated twice   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Hyderabad) in March 2016.

Interview

It was three round interview process and went very well with casual discussions. First round of technical with multiple general problems to solve. Not so difficult, but it makes you to think. Second round is full of java script related questions. Need a bit more depth of javascript knowledge.
    And third round of manager discussion with only one question but it was very long ( almost 3 hr ) discussion. Explaining about the technologies they use, work culture, understanding the current work and it's more of setting the expectations.

Interview Questions

• 1.1 ) Concat the number 9, 90,900, 110,11,45 in a way that you will get the highest number out of it. ( 9909004511110
      1.2) Design DB,Classes for a set of actions which can be represented in a tree to show the dependencies and display the overall status in the parent node.
      2.1) Javascript inheritance
      2.2) JavaScript hoisting
      2.3) Javascript classes
      3.1) Purpose of linked list Write a java program for linked list. push method to add a node at end and get method to retrieve ( with delete and without delete ). We have use both loop and recursion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Hyderabad) in January 2015.

Interview

Worst interview process. As they are starting new in hyderabad, they could not recruit skilled people. Most of existing employees are just average or below average. With these kind of people taking interviews, one can expect what would they ask. At times they struggle to get questions in interviews and ask some non sense. I observed one interviewer searching for questions online during the interview and asked something for which he do not know the answer.

I suggest do not waste your valuable time with servicenow interviews.

Interview Questions

• Swap two numbers without using a 3rd variable.
      Some java try catch questions
      All questions were silly.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ServiceNow.

Interview

Check your horoscope before going for interview. Their is no defined process in taking the interview. My interview went like this:
    1. Technical round
    2. Followed by manager and HR round
    3. After 3 weeks, consultancy guy called me and scheduled on-site round and it went well.
    4. After 2 week another on-site round scheduled and cancelled after 1 hour of waiting at 10pm.
    5. They scheduled two more technical rounds after this, none of questions asked from Technologies they looking during these two interviews. During the discussion itself I got to know that there is no requirement.
    6. After that when I check with consultancy guy, he said that offer request is raised and waiting for approval.
    7. Finally after 1 week they said they are not moving forward.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.