ShipStation Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ShipStation

ShipStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShipStation

Interview

I applied for this job online. The overall communication throughout the interviews was polite. Prior to speaking to their team members, I had a positive opinion of the company. However, I quickly realized they weren't organized. They needed an immediate hire but still didn't have the logistics figured out. I was also shocked at their salary offering, it was much lower than I expected. I don't recommend considering this company.

Interview Questions
  • They asked generic interview questions
    Answer Question

ShipStation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ShipStation in Apr 2021

Interview

There were 3 rounds of the interview. First with the recruiter, second with the team managers, and third with the department head. Second interview was more about situational questions and the third interview she asked more about my experiences and how it would apply to the role.

Interview Questions
  • What is some feedback you’ve received and how have you applied it?

ShipStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShipStation

Interview

Despite two rounds of interviews, parallel experience, and thoughtful follow up, I was completely ghosted. Left a very sour taste in my mouth. Others in the industry have said they have a terrible reputation for poor communication.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShipStation (Austin, TX) in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a manager about a week later with preliminary questions like, "Describe in detail how to make a PB&J sandwich," and was asked to take a typing test. They wanted to set up a phone interview the following week where I spoke with a team lead about my background, why I was interested in the role, etc. We had a very pleasant conversation that went well and we set up a zoom interview for the following week with some of her colleagues where I was asked mostly behavioral questions. I was assured that I would hear back within a couple of days regardless if they wanted to move forward or not. After three follow up emails over the course of almost a month asking for the status of my application/interview and no response, I was completely ghosted. It is extremely disheartening and sad that this has become such a common practice amongst employers. A simple "we've decided to move forward with other candidates" email would have been sufficient but it seems that was too much to ask for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ShipStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShipStation

Interview

Lengthy process involving several phone calls and video meetings spread out over several weeks. I like that they involved the team I would work with as part of the process, and they were extremely accommodating of my schedule.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a situation where a new client is unresponsive?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShipStation (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

The process was fairly quick (overall two weeks). Initial Call with the UK Country Manager, then 3 people panel interview and finally a business case presentation. I was offered the job on the spot however the salary expectations were different on both side, we negotiated and they made an effort. I asked for more time to think about the offer and because I had other processes ongoing. In the end they retracted the offer after my request to delay a bit my final decision saying I was overqualified.... lol

Interview Questions
  • What's your professional experience? Why ShipStation? How could you overcome the fact that you are not familiar with our industry and our product? Discovery steps? KPIS? Etc...

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ShipStation (Austin, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

The process was very thorough. I had an initial interview with my hiring manager to get a sense of fit. After that I went through a series of five one-hour interviews with various teams and potential coworkers. One of these included a product roadmap challenge and presentation to product leadership. Another included an interactive product development exercise around customer interview and quick iteration skills. Finally a few calls were more cultural fit calls with members of related teams. It was a lot of interviews but gave me a really good sense of the kind of team I'd be joining and what would be expected of me.

Interview Questions
  • There was a roadmap project for prioritizing competing initiatives that I had to present to product leadership and defend my decisions.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ShipStation (Austin, TX) in Aug 2020

Interview

I enjoyed my interview process at ShipStation (Auctane) and now that I've joined the Product team, it's been fun to participate from the other side. I had a series of interviews which included a mix of 1:1's, group interviews across different teams, a hypothetical scenario (no prep) and a case presentation (about a week of prep.) The process moved quickly but I felt like I had adequate time to get to know the organization and my potential colleagues and I felt like the questions asked and scenarios presented really gave me an opportunity to shine.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any "gotcha" questions - the goal was clearly to get to know me as a prospective colleague in terms of both working style and cultural fit. One question I really liked was "describe a scenario where you failed"

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ShipStation (Austin, TX) in Aug 2020

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email to schedule an initial call with the Director. Initial call was with the hiring Director. We scheduled 30 minutes and he asked to extend. We spoke about my background and experience and he answered questions for 90 minutes. Recruiter set up 4 Zoom calls with pairs of Product Managers / Directors / Engineers for the following week. I was also given a project to build a roadmap for a 3 month period given a set of tickets and available information on impact and level of engineering effort. The Director call was a role play to walk through my process for gathering requirements on a new product. They were excellent partners and never let me flounder. The remaining calls were excellent 2-way information exchanges. The final call was a review of my 3 month roadmap with me defending/explaining my choices. The following day I had a 30 minute call with their CPO. He gave me a no fluff summary of the position and why they thought it might be a good fit. They wanted to make sure it would work for me. I had an offer from the hiring Director 15 minutes after the call.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you prioritize X bug over Y feature? How do you handle competing requirements with deadlines? Are you comfortable speaking directly with clients? All of the questions were relevant and if you've been a PM then my suggestion is be honest and explain your approach. They are as interested in how your mind works as any particular answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ShipStation (Austin, TX) in Jul 2020

Interview

I was contacted by Ship Station recruiter. Initially had a standard HR phone screen interview for 30 minutes. In a week, had 2nd round of interview with hiring manager for an hour. It was general discussion about my experience and skill set. In the following week or so had 3rd round of technical interview for 3 hours (3 interviews 1 hour each). It was all virtual due to pandemic. 1st interview had 2 employees. It was a C# coding interview on Collabedit. Interview went well, had couple of follow up to the initial solution. 2nd interview was behavioral interview. It was a very weird interview as it was more of a discussion, 2 employees with contradicting opinions. 3rd interview was with another 2 employees, it was DB related questions. It went well. I had to follow up with HR in a few days to get the result. It was a reject. I'm pretty sure it was most likely due to behavioral interview. But overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
  • 1. 1st round with Hiring manager - General discussion about the experience and some behavioral questions. 2. 2nd round: 1. C# coding question (not Leetcode style). It was more practical type. What you would typically do at work. 2. Behavior: no behavioral questions. it was more like a opinion based discussion. If you are interviewing for backend, better support backend(don't talk anything highly of frontend). 3. Database related: Standard SQL queries.
2 people found this interview helpful