Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Shutterfly Interview Questions

Interviews at Shutterfly

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied directly on Shutterfly and the recruiter reached out to me within a couple of days. The call went well with them and I next had one with the hiring manager. After that they completely ghosted me, even after emailing them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Process was smooth, people were nice.
    First a call from recruiter, then call from hiring manager, then I was invited for onsite interview.
    Overall I was happy with process, no complains here.

Interview Questions

• General theoretical database questions, like what is partitioned table and how to use it and etc, without diving too much into details.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in August 2020.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Answered 95% of the questions properly, but not selected. Total time waste and they didn't have any need and just simply taking interviews for promoting their name. Meaningless, truth less, hopeless guys they are.   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in August 2020.

Interview

The beginning of the process was great. I spoke with one of their recruiters. Then a few days later I spoke with the hiring manager. I thought the interview when really well. Then, I got an automated email saying they are not going to move me to the next round of interviews. I was really off-put by the fact Shutterfly does not have the dignity to have their recruiters send candidates who have put time and effort into the interview process. An automated rejection email is low!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After you apply online a recruiter will contact you asking to set up a phone interview. After you complete the interview you will be contacted for an interview with the hiring manager. Once this is complete you will go through a two hour panel interview which consist of four people. Depending on how this goes you will either receive an offer or you wont.

Interview Questions

• The talked a lot about the experiences I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Manager - SEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online through their website, got a phone screen scheduled with the recruiter within 5 days of application. Recruiter was very sweet and explained the role really well. After had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. He was the best interviewer i ever interviewed with, very calm, joyful, answered all my questions briefly and helped me understand the role clearly. Next round was with the cross functional partners, it was around 2 hours with in total 4 people. Very nice and sweet people, again answered all my questions and made me comfortable as it was a virtual video interview. I was so happy and satisfied that it went so well.
    I emailed the recruiter to thank her and she mentioned she had a touch base with the hiring manager the next day and would get back to me about the next steps or whatever they decide. Guess what ? She literally ghosted me, i kept on emailing her but the email did not get delivered, i kept on getting these email delivery failure emails. I also contacted on linkedin but no reply.
    At least have a curtsey to let the candidate know what is your decision, even if it is a rejection. Candidate has invested like so many hours and they deserve an answer or a feedback in the end. Did not expect this from a company for whom i always wanted to work. Very bad experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a successful campaign ?
      A time when you had a tight deadline to execute a campaign, how did you plan and manage it ?   Answer Question

Shutterfly Response

3 Aug 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

I apologize for this experience and it is definitely not how we want our candidates to experience their interview process with us. I would like to get more information so I can follow-up. Please contact me directly at Peggy.Anderson@shutterfly.com. Your feedback is appreciated and we want to make the necessary changes to ensure that this experience doesn't happen for others. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Brand Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

The actual interviewers were nice, but the process was terrible. Here's how it went:

- Talent Acquisition Specialist #1 reached out to me to schedule an initial interview screening, and rescheduled it three times.

- I received a generic rejection email three days after the initial screening from a second Talent Acquisition Specialist, saying they were moving on to other candidates.

- Three days after receiving the rejection email, I received a request for availability for 2nd round interviews from a third Talent Acquisition Specialist.

- When I received confirmation of the 2nd interview, I was given the incorrect title AND misspelled name of the person interviewing me. (Luckily, Google.)

- Interviews 3, 4, 5, and 6 were scheduled one week later and though short, were scheduled as back-to-back video calls, each on its own separate meeting invite. When I asked the simple question of whether or not each person I was speaking to knew that I was jumping from invite to invite in case any of them ran over (all of these people did work together on the same team after all), I received a non-answer from Talent Acquisition Specialist #3 that “This is how these interviews are done and they should not go over.” No surprise, every single one ran over.

- Interview 7, the final interview, was scheduled the following week. The name of the person interviewing me was listed completely incorrectly, not just misspelled.

Five weeks since that final, seventh interview and there has not been a word from anyone I’ve spoken to. They've since hired, I know this (thanks to LinkedIn), but no one had the human decency to respond to my update inquiries or inform me personally.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

good. Interviewers are friendly. We had one round of online coding challenge, the question is to construct a binary search tree. x x x x x x x x z z z z z z x z. z x x z. z z z.

Manufacturing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager
    3. Video interview with 2 team members
    4. Call with 1 over 1
    5. In person interview on site with additional 3 people
    6. 2 weeks later offer received.

I thought the recruitment team could of been more transparent about the process. For instance it took around 2 months and like 4 times it was like “another interview.” When if they could of laid out the process I.e. there will be 4 rounds of interviews, that would of made things more smooth. Covid may have been an impact, but if they were transparent it would have been better.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. I applied online, recruiter contacted me and sent hacker rank test. After that one telephonic round, then called for onsite rounds. Overall good interview process. The onsite rounds had questions from data structures and leetcode. Leetcode easy/medium level.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.