Southern Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Southern Water Interview Questions

Interviews at Southern Water

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Water.

Interview

applied online and was scheduled for an Online video interview that is scenario based on how you manage team, stakeholder, task and working in a team. one asked what is my greatest achivement

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Water (Durrington, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied via the Southern Water website and was then invited to participate in a telephone interview.
    I waited for the hiring manager to call but the call never came. It took three days for someone to get back to me to explain why the call didn’t happen. The interview was rearranged and I was then invited to attend a second interview onsite.

I was sent a ‘case study’ for which I was asked to prepare a presentation. The case study lacked any detail that would make it possible to respond to in anything other than the most general of ways. Nevertheless, I spent two week on it so that I could provide as much information as possible.

During the interview it became apparent that the interviewer seemed to be expecting a different response and did not understand that, given the lack of detail in the case study, it was not actually possible to be any more specific than I had been. It was obvious to me at that point that the interviewer had not thought through what was being asked or what sort of response a candidate could give. As a result, I believe that I wasted two weeks of preparation time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about southern water?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Water (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Overall the process took up to 2 weeks. Interview was arranged by recruiter. The interview process was very informative and well structured. Two managers conducted the interview which included 12 questions

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Water (Durrington, England (UK)).

Interview

two folks, very made up all along.. job seemed like they need folk to support sharepoint 2010 with customisations, windows prior to windows 7. wow the office is on a 20M connection!

Interview Questions

• "so how would you support a system that you dont have access to?"   1 Answer

Network Operations Manager & IT Site Operational Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern Water (Durrington, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via Networkers Technology agents recruitment for the above position, I was told the salary was in the range of £85k + 5% and they would like to put me forward for the position.

We agreed an interview date in Aug, I then attended an interview with Brian Johnson at the Durrington office , everything seemed to proceed well until the end of the interview, I was asked my salary expectations and I mentioned what I had been told, this caused some discussion and worry on my side.

Everything then went cold, the agent I had spoken to was on holiday, I was then told after many weeks had passed that the position had been down to myself and another candidate, unfortunately they offered the position to somebody else, they had more greenfield knowledge, I was disappointed but accepted it.

A month or so later I was contacted by Networkers Technology again on behalf of Southern Water regarding a technical position they had available, I explained that I didn't think it was a good fit as I was more management centric and had been for many years.

The Networkers Technology agent then mentioned that the reason I didn't get the position previously was because I lacked management experience. This was quite a surprise give my previous management experience over the last 20 years and the 10 years of specific networking management experience I had.

The agent then suggested he would chase up given this 'new' information.

In the mean time another position was advertised by Southern Water that I felt was a good match for my skills, I sent an email to the agent a week ago, I heard nothing until I sent an another email yesterday (Nov 1st).

I was then told today that due to the to the elapsed time he felt my application wasn't being considered, I assumed this related to the Network operations position.

At that point I decided that I would not loose any more time with either company.

The whole recruitment process has been pretty badly managed by both sides. At least have the common decency to keep people informed one way or the other.

I am now excluding Southern Water from searches and steering clear of Networkers Technology recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous management experience   1 Answer

Hrd Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Water (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Great process, very informative and open. A good exchange of information and ideas - an opportunity to talk with others to provide a rounded view and different perspective. Felt at ease.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, ideas and contribution I could bring to the function and wider organisation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Telephone interval followed by face to face. Had lots of promised outcomes and prospects, which failed to be kept. Salary offer was less than verbally stated. Promised a review in 6 month which did not come for 14 months

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Water.

Interview

The first stage was a telephone interview (with an agency), then followed by a face to face interview at the head office in Durrington. Two interviewers in the panel who wrote down everything said.

Interview Questions

• how many employees does Southern water have?   1 Answer

Process Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falmer, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Water (Falmer, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

A CV and cover letter with the usual about why you want the job and the skills you have the mean you're fit for it. This was followed by a phone call asking to interview. The interview was carried out by 3 people. They followed a set of questions and wrote down everything that was being I said and helped me along with any questions I had trouble answering. It's the same set of questions asked for every Process Scientist role.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Water (Durrington, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Really useful, lots of great activities really pushed the boundaries and got the most out of everyone who attended. The face to face interview however was by a really blunt Scottish lady who was very scary and not a friendly person I think she did not fit the face of the company I applied for when going through the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate southern water   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.