Sovos Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sovos Interview Questions

Interviews at Sovos

2.8

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Met with multiple people. Asked typical questions. Atmosphere was relaxed and causal. Everyone was comptetent. Post interview information was not readily forthcoming. I had to reach out to get feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver news or a plan you don’t agree with?   Answer Question

Sovos Response

7 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I want to apologize for the fact that you weren't provided with feedback in a timely manner. We strive to make sure that our candidates are given feedback in a timely... More

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by two aptitude tests, followed by in person interview with direct supervisor and upper management. Recruiter was extremely professional and made sure I was comfortable throughout the entire process. Recruiter even reached out to me suggesting to apply for another position when my original intended position had filled. Answered all questions in a timely and professional fashion.

Interview Questions

• Design a very high level, abstract system with OO principles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

- Technical and Personal Aptitude Tests online.
    - Phone interview with recruiter, which began with retaking the the technical aptitude test with the recruiter watching via video conference.
    - Got called in for an in-person interview that same week.
    - The recruiter was extremely polite and kind. She showed me around the building and explained a bit on the company's background.
    - This was a 4 part interview. 1st interview with a lead software engineer, another with the VP of software engineering, and 2 with different software engineering project managers.
    - The entire interview process was about 2+ hours.

Interview Questions

• - whiteboard- create a function/method that reverses an array, and present 2 ways to do this (Using C# or Java).
      - Talk about knowledge of OOP.
      - Talk about a project you are proud of.
      - Talk about school, work, and general programming background.
      - What would make you an asset to our team?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

Apitude tests - one done on your own and the other via video conferencing monitored by recruiter. Then phone interview and followed by programming tests. If you make through all that, you get to in-person interview.

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

I got a message on Linkedin about the position. I took a math and personality test, phone interview, and Skype interview with the same test again. They were pretty easy and I am waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• There were some situational questions on the phone but they were pretty easy.   Answer Question

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then a 30 min in-person interview.
    Supervisor just looked at my resume and seemed like he had already decided. Asked a bit about my background.
    Then just had to pass a drug screen and a pretty in depth background check.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy going. You walk into a multi stage interview, I had three. Each one of them were easy and relaxed. First thing I noticed was everyone was always busy, but they were all determined. They were happy and yet, focused. I made it through all of the interviews and got a call to come in with a start date. I also know of people that weren't so fortunate.

Interview Questions

• What my knowledge of software was. Software is obviously one of the foundations of the company.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and we scheduled a phone interview. I carved out an hour in the middle of my day for it and waited for 15 minutes before emailing them to see what was going on. I got an email back asking to reschedule the interview. (not sure if he even remembered that he had scheduled one?). Very unprofessional but I agreed anyways. After the actual interview I emailed them a week later to see if the process could be sped up as I had other offers already and needed to know asap at which the recruiter replied by telling me that the position was already filled. Very unprofessional and overall unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my previous professional experiences   Answer Question

Channel Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

Fill out application, receive email asking to complete aptitude test if results are satisfactory a rep contacts you and requests a 1 hour meeting split up into parts requesting you to do the same aptitude tests while they watch you on webcam to ensure its you and your not cheating. If you do well than you can proceed to talk to a reporting manager for the role.
    I was a bit set back by the interview process. Every so often I receive a request from a potential employer to complete an aptitude test. That's fine as each company uses different ways to see your skill-set however I was uncomfortable when they requested me to fill it out again while watching me on a webcam. Here's why. It sets a stage that this general practice assumes people are not trustworthy. This is my first impression coming in. They don't know me and have not given me a change to speak to the person this role rolls up to but makes me prove I'm not cheating before I'm even given a chance. To me, this says allot about the culture. I was turned off and decided the company culture did not seem in line to what I was looking for. Trust is essential.

Interview Questions

• General aptitude questions.   1 Answer

Sovos Response

29 Oct 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We get a lot of questions about the assessment portion of our interview. We realize we ask candidates to invest a lot of time at the front-end of our process and that... More

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA (US)).

Interview

Three phases- one is an online assessment, the second is a short phone interview and an online assessment while the interviewer is watching, and the third is several rounds of interviews with some supervisors.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.