Sponge Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sponge

Sponge

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponge in Sep 2021

Interview

The first stage was a phone interview. Lots of red flags - I don't think job description is completely accurate. I got through to the second stage but was made to feel as though the company was doing me a favour by letting me through which left a sour taste in my mouth so I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions
  • What's the most innovative thing you've worked on? What would your boss say are your three biggest strengths/weaknesses? What's the most challenging feedback you've had?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Sponge

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge in Sep 2021

Interview

1) 30 minuets telephone interview with HR team 2) followed by a design task. It was quite straightforward. 3) lastly, interviewed by the Head of Design. Talked about portfolio and design task, and other general interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • 3 strengths that your previous boss would say about you Favourite designers/ design studios
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge (London, England, England)

Interview

I did x5 telephone interviews with the premise being the sixth interview would of been a presentation at the Plymouth head office. So in total it was 5 hours of talking with them over 4 weeks. They were great in terms of moving quickly but I was blown away at the interview process as a whole. It's just way too much and funnily enough once I'd completed the 4th interview they kept referring to the 5th as the 1st interview so basically I spoke to several people over many hours just so they could weigh me up INSANE! Too be fair though, I did enjoy the interviews and they do seem lovely so that was good but they really need to focus on the interview process as they will lose people with that approach and plus the fact that they are not Google nor some other big company so maybe chill out a bit. My last gripe is that I got no feedback and just a general no thanks which is fine but unfair for 5 hours of chats.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Sponge

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge in Apr 2019

Interview

I was interviewed by two charming people who were tremendously welcoming right from the beginning. I felt comfortable in the first five minutes. One of the people was always very conscious if I needed more water or the bathroom and again this added to the warm and welcoming atmosphere. Once I was settled they asked me series of questions about myself and the work I am currently in. This was followed by writing some qualities for the role and rating myself on a scale of 1-10 and explaining my choices. Then afterwards I presented a presentation that you are expected to send over in advance.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Sponge (Brighton, England, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

1. Contacted on LinkedIn and invited for initial chat. and to consider applying for a role 2. Call arranged to find out more about the role 3. Face to Face interview 4. Interview at their head office in Plymouth with Presentation

Interview Questions
  • What was it like for you growing up in your family?

Sponge

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sponge in Mar 2019

Interview

Applied after seeing job advert online. Sent in cv; got called by HR for a telephone interview which lasted c.40 mins. Sadly, I did not go through to the next round so can't comment further.

Interview Questions
  • What would your boss say was your strongest /weakest points?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge (Plymouth, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

45-minute phone interview focused heavily on client-management experience. Not excessively difficult, but was expecting to get through to in-person interview. Colleague says they did two phone interviews several years apart and was told both times they didn't have enough experience, so neither of us is sure what exactly they're looking for!

Interview Questions
  • What would your current manager say are your top three strengths? What would they say is something you need to work on?

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge (Plymouth, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

I had to complete 6 steps in total - 1 x Phone interview, 1 x Soft Skills interview, 1 x 2 hr competency test, 1 x Technical Skills interview and 2 home based activities - overkill for the role I was hired into

Interview Questions
  • They will try to catch you out with quite personal questions to see how you'd react - one I thought was particularly inappropriate was; 'Tell us about a significant time in your childhood that has shaped you into the person you are today'

Sponge

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge

Interview

This company are constantly recruiting - that's not because they are growing, it's because they can't keep staff and have a ridiculously insane application process with far too high standards. The whole application screams of a company who think they are something much bigger than they actually are. I applied directly to SpongeUK through their website and was invited to a phone interview with HR which was then followed by a technical test I could do at home. The technical test took roughly six hours and covered css/javascript. I was then invited in for a 2hr face-to-face interview. This was with two developers and a HR person, this went well and I was informed that I scored the highest of all applicants on the test, I thought this was a good sign. A week later I am invited in for a trial day, the trial day involved a walk around getting to know the place and then being sat down in front of their own JS framework (of which there is no documentation and no ability to look it up online) and being asked to write a new module for it. I did ask for a help a couple of times during the day but accomplished the task given to me and took part in the end of day team stand-up. I was then pulled into a review meeting for the last half hour of the day. A week went by and I heard nothing, I chased and chased but got no response. Two weeks later I received an email saying that I had been unsuccessful but gave no feedback or reason. I emailed back for feedback only to get an out-of-office email for the person who had literally just emailed me saying they were on holiday. I emailed the generic company email and demanded some feedback after spending a full day unpaid at their office. The response I got was that I was too quiet during the day. Yes, they actually said that. As if being thrown into a completely new environment with completely new code isn't scary enough, they said I hadn't been talkative. It's hard to be talkative in those circumstances and also when everyone around you has headphones in, busy doing their own work.

Interview Questions
9 people found this interview helpful

Sponge

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Sponge

Interview

There was a telephone interview followed up by some tests. I then had an face to face interview followed up by an interview with a presentation. It was a long process but they were super friendly and the interviews, although formal, did not feel pressured. They were very focused on how you would fit in to the company and its culture.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews