Sponge Reviews

Sponge Founder and Managing Director Louise Pasterfield
Louise Pasterfield
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sponge is a great place to work

May 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The induction process was so clear and thorough, I have a great supportive manager who I have regular catch ups with, and a 'buddy' to guide me. I've mentioned skills I would like to learn, and my manager has given me opportunities and guidance. The team is welcoming and I love the perks like flex-time and your birthday off. Overall a great place to work

Cons

Only con is I think the culture has been lost a little over covid, but that's understandable and I think it should come back as soon as we're back in the office. I think that's happened in every company, and Sponge is doing what it can to keep the culture there

Talent Acquisition Lead

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to comment on here. We really pleased you found the induction process and onboarding so clear and thorough :) Re the culture through Covid - it's a difficult time for all right now, but with our Icebreaker bot on Teams/to connect us all just that little bit more, and our WellBeing squad to help us with events and well being challenges, we hope to keep on improving. It's comments like yours that help us really recognise where we need to improve and grow, so thank you.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A wonderful experience to date!

Jan 14, 2021 - Sales/Account Management in Plymouth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting a new job during lockdown was an interesting experience (!) but Sponge have made it as painless as possible. I have been given all the tools needed for success and everyone is extremely helpful and welcoming. Although I have yet to set foot in the office I already feel part of the team and my work is frequently recognised. My manager is absolutely fantastic - we have very open communication and she has already added so much value to my existing sales/account management skillset. She gives me regular feedback and we have weekly touchpoints which are very helpful. Sponge is a company that is going from strength to strength and I am confident there will be room for me to progress quicker than in other organisations in the area.

Cons

I genuinely cannot think of many downsides to working for Sponge other than the benefits package could have more in the way of holiday entitlement.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it's been a very different year for us all, but we're really pleased to hear it's been a smooth transition for you. You'll be pleased to hear too, that we have amended our annual leave package now, and also include a day off for your birthday :).

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Thoroughly enjoyable!

Apr 27, 2021 - Learning Experience Designer in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote working, Flexible working hours, Great development opportunities, Abundance of support, Collaborative working, Great onboarding process, Great company ethos

Cons

Nothing so far - loved every minute!

Talent Acquisition Lead

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear you have everything you need, and we're so pleased you're enjoying your time with us :)

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

They had a great thing going, but since the acquisition a lot has changed.

Feb 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to work with a lot of talented, friendly people Sponge were one of the top elearning companies in the industry The first couple of years at Sponge were great

Cons

Everything changed since Sponge were acquired New management limit creativity and don't listen to the problems. They aren't very approachable like the old management Sponge were used to. Seen a massive amount of people leave in the past year, most of those people who have been at Sponge for 4+ years Doesn't feel like the friendly, family run business that it used to be No progression or career opportunities. A lot of people have been stuck at the same level for years with no clear path on how to progress

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We care about improving our employee experience at Sponge and it’s through our open forum for feedback that we can achieve this. I would like to assure you that your message about listening has been heard and taken on board by the management team who are committed to continuous improvement. Thank you again. KR Louise Pasterfield, Director of Strategy, Marketing and Communications.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly & Welcoming Atmosphere.

Apr 21, 2020 - Junior Graphic Designer in Plymouth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sponge is a fast-paced growing company, they have an organised structure in place, with regular team and company meetings, project management software which you can see in advanced your schedule and a very supportive and collaborative team. I personally have learnt so much about e-learning in my time, so far and have gained knowledge and experience of the different platforms the company provide at different scales. It’s lovely to have a variety of projects, and every day is different and exciting! We are provided opportunities of flexible hours and working from home, which is really great. One of my favourite benefits is that it is dog friendly.. I love dogs, so that is an added bonus to have some furry friends around!

Cons

The recruitment process may be off putting, but is totally worth it. (Daunting at first, but hold on)! You can see that in the type of people who work in the company, everybody is passionate and follow the core values.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn and grow

Jan 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Opprtunities to develop and progress Outcome focused Creative at its core Good people - that I would associate with outside fo work

Cons

Communication of change Sometimes too fast - but seeing a real improvement in addressing this

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lead the digital team to ensure KPI deliverables are met. Client services. Campaign optimization.

Jan 5, 2021 - Digital Media Director in Lagos
    Business Outlook

Pros

Technical learning culture. Access to tools. Multinational client accounts wo work on.

Cons

No Pension. No performance Bonus. No 13th Month salary.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A passionate and dedicated team

Jun 3, 2020 - Sales Support in Plymouth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A friendly and outgoing team , who really care about advancing your skills. With flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home, this creates a great work/life balance.

Cons

The location of the office is surrounded by heavy traffic most days, so this often affects the hours I choose to work.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A once great company ethos desperately still trying to be upheld by some good people

Jul 22, 2020 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff feel like family. Relaxed office environment. Some opportunity to explore creativity.

Cons

Poor business decision-making has fundamentally changed the company since when I started. Staff often not listened to and benefits not great - progression and promotion unclear and almost entirely self-led.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great people but issues with leadership and management

Aug 12, 2020 - Support Staff
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great pool of talented and dedicated people, i.e. great potential

Cons

Challenges with leadership and an ever-changing management structure

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews