Swiggy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Swiggy Interview Questions

Interviews at Swiggy

2.9

Area Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiggy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Resume shortlisting by HR

After a week...

F2F with existing Area Operations manager
    Analytics questions. Real time delivery related questions.

F2F with city operations manager

After a week

Excel test (lookup,pivot and few simple formula enough to clear the round)

After a week

City head (no idea y this round again with same set of questions).

Interview Questions

• You have have 2 Delivery guys and 3 orders in different route. executive need to pick orders from different hotel but only one at a time. how do you manage the time so that orders are delivered in minimum time   2 Answers

Escalation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swiggy (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Easy interview. Basically they want to know if you can handle irate customers. 5 rounds of interview. First will be hr round, second will be versant round which is an online test. Third will be written test. Forth operation managerial round and last one will be sr. Manager round. They will give you scenario and they check how well you can handle. Don't freak out, these are normal scenario which happen in customer's life.

Interview Questions

• how you can handle the customer's situation in humanity way   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swiggy (Bengaluru) in July 2015.

Interview

The in-person interviews were core technical. First round was machine coding round. Other rounds involved wide range of discussion including coding, design, past work experience etc. Final round was the CTO round.
    CTO round involved design discussions of real problems. They gave a good overview of the problems the company is trying to solve and the atmosphere was quite passionate. The technical assessment was excellent and they decide whether you fit and where you fit in the scheme of things based on your passion and interest.
    All the interviewers and the HR were respectful and treat you well. Even after the interview, they keep you posted and periodically keep in touch. Only cons is they push you to join early.
    Overall the interview experience was very pleasant and a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Design facebook Like Service, scaling problems, multithreading etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiggy (Bengaluru).

Interview

Called for interview on a Saturday, but conducted only 2 rounds on that day even though I was made to stay there from 10.30am to almost 7pm. Had to go to their office for 2 more times (on weekdays) to complete the process. This is not what anyone would expect when the dedicate a whole day of weekend for an interview.

Another bad things (& this is something matters a lot when u work at an org) is, the interviewers who take your interview will/may not be from the team that you are being recruited for. To make it worse, even manager round is conducted by some random manager, & NOT your "to-be" manager. This matters a lot to me, so decided not to join.

Only positive was interviewers were of good attitude & asked only sensible questions.

Interview Questions

• 1st coding round - simple DP question - scheduling a delivery guy to pickup orders & deliver to customers   Answer Question
    • Other rounds were on problem solving, high & low level design   Answer Question

Unprofessional behaviour + the 2nd point mentioned above.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiggy (Bengaluru) in May 2019.

Interview

I am not here to seek help. I'm just here to mention how pathetic the hiring process is when it comes to Swiggy. I remember on 30th of May, 2019 I received a call letter for interview from Kavya( TAT) and attended it on 31st for the position of Social Media. I hope you understand how important it is to crack an interview.
    2) Secondly, the understanding of the tweet comments by customer and responding to it- Completed.
    3) Third comes the typing skills where you need to complete fill in the blanks, write an email and comprehend a sentence in your own words- Completed. (Scored 57 when 55 was required).
    4) The semi-final (as like cricket) i wish i remember this operation guy name who took my interview. He asked me several questions like what is your understanding on social media, what do you understand by Hash tag, what would you like to do in your free time at office, are you ok with the night shifts or not and also asked me to reply to a post by a customer which stated," He has not receive any refund since 15 days and the delivery time is increasing day by day" which was an addition complaint. I hope i somewhere had given my best. After all this he asked me to sit back and wait for the feedback session. The whole process took some 9 hours, total 9 hours!!! Then comes the time for result and i was amazed how Kavya respond to it because they were following the high command. They say," Accept or Decline". This is the feedback after nearly 30 minutes of wait . I would still like to know what do he mean by “ACCEPT OR DECLINE". I still wish i remember the guy's name who interviews me. I also figured out the key point that day while i was observing how this system works. The fresher were hired more by giving 20k in hand but someone experienced they need to pay more. I'm still in confusion was this the reason they didn't hire me. I still expect someone to tell me what went wrong because i waited 9 hours to be precise with handful of applicants and the whole big team of "SWIGGY".
     I hope you understand what 9 hours is? Just being a Co-founder won't work Mr.CEO. It's your responsibility to take down this people one by one who have no explanation for genuine candidates and also to mention you have some outstanding employees like Kavya Krishna and Salman who continuously helped me and other candidates throughout the day!

Interview Questions

• 1) The first process was to understand the tweet- Completed. I was interview by Salman.
      4) The semi-final (as like cricket) i wish i remember this operation guy name who took my interview. He asked me several questions like what is your understanding on social media, what do you understand by Hash tag, what would you like to do in your free time at office, are you ok with the night shifts or not and also asked me to reply to a post by a customer which stated," He has not receive any refund since 15 days and the delivery time is increasing day by day" which was an addition complaint.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Swiggy (Bengaluru) in May 2019.

Interview

Hi Mr. CEO,
     I am not here to seek help. I'm just here to mention how pathetic the hiring process is when it comes to Swiggy. I remember on 30th of May,2019 I received a call letter for interview from Kavya( TAT) and attended it on 31st for the position of Social Media. I hope you understand how important it is to crack an interview.
    4) The semi-final (as like cricket) i wish i remember this operation guy name who took my interview. He asked me several questions like what is your understanding on social media, what do you understand by Hashtag, what would you like to do in your free time at office, are you ok with the night shifts or not and also asked me to reply to a post by a customer which stated," He has not receive any refund since 15 days and the delivery time is increasing day by day" which was an addition complaint. I hope i somewhere had given my best. After all this he asked me to sit back and wait for the feedback session. The whole process took some 9 hours, total 9 hours!!! Then comes the time for result and i was amazed how Kavya respond to it because they were following the high command. They say," Accept or Decline". This is the feedback after nearly 30 minutes of wait . I would still like to know what do he mean by " ACCEPT OR DECLINE". I still wish i remember the guy's name who interview me. I also figured out the key point that day while i was observing how this system works. The freshers were hired more by giving 20k in hand but someone experienced they need to pay more. I'm still in confusion was this the reason they didn't hire me. I still expect someone to tell me what went wrong because i waited 9 hours to be precise with handful of applicants and the whole big team of "SWIGGY".
     I hope you understand what 9 hours is? Just being a Co-founder won't work Mr.CEO. It's your responsibility to take down this people one by one who has no explanation for genuine candidates and also to mention you have some outstanding employees like Kavya Krishna and Salman who continuously helped me and other candidates throughout the day! I'm also attaching you my call letter with this to see through the matter. My humble request please look through this issue because so many are going through this and no one is raising any complain about it.

Assistant Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Swiggy (Bengaluru) in August 2017.

Interview

Introduce about ur self I'm arvind born and bought up in Bangalore ,put up in sudhamagar ,I studied my degree in vijay college with 75% and schooling in Cms ,about my family we are 5 member dad vegetables Marchant mom house wife having to subblings ,extra skills :basic in computer .hobbies; playing cricket,music strengths hard working, respect to others,changing to the suitations

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swiggy (Hyderabad) in February 2018.

Interview

Great ,solved a DP problem and other two ,I dont remember.It was moderate-difficult , prepare about your resume , projects(which I didnt and got a bad impression initially but got back in coding) otherwise do great in coding :).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Swiggy.

Interview

Great experience. discussed a real business problem. was asked about data science experience. good discussion. the internship project was one discussed during the interview. joined the company as an intern the next day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Swiggy.

Interview

only two rounds were there, First, there was an aptitute test taken for all the candidates, which was an elimination round, after that second round of personal interview with the panel.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.