Synaptics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Synaptics Interview Questions

Interviews at Synaptics

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Synaptics (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Greeted me. Was very nice and straight to the point. Didnt talk much about my work history. They just wanted to know what my plans were in my career and how i would achieve them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

The interview was brief and more over resume. I had a previous interview with the company which was more technical. I did not get that position thought. After a month I was contacted for another position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synaptics (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

I submitted CV and received phone call from recruiter about Summer Intern position. Fairly easy interview. Great Intern program. Highly recommended. Very technical smart people, but I interviewed for support services (non engineer). More work meant shifting to contractor which is a rough transition. Very little support for contractors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a situation of conflict with a colleague or manager. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern program is quite generous. $30/hr with $1000 bonus upon completion.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics in January 2013.

Interview

I met the Synaptics recruiting team at a career fair and was interviewed the following day. Waited 5 weeks for a response, and I sent a follow up email. Within two days, I was contacted for a phone interview, was then contacted 2 weeks after with an offer for the internship.

Interview Questions

• 12C comm. protocol. Didn't know about it, but asked to learn more about it.   Answer Question
    • C programming questions (what does volatile mean, a sample C function to step through, maximum number of dimensions an array can have)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate, was fine with hourly rate they offered.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Had three rounded interview on site. Most questions are asked about my resume. The position is to assistant to manage database. So they asked many questions about database. Not very hard. But I'm not in that area.

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synaptics (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

- The interviewers were all fairly smart. This isn't common for most companies.
    - I was always treated with full respect. The interviewers, even though all smart, treated my answers as correct by default and though how they themselves could also be equally wrong if their opinion were different. At most places, the interviewers generally consider themselves to be smarter and behave as if the candidate is dumb whenever their opinion does not match that of the candidate.
    - A full day of generally deeply technical interviews, yet a lot of fun.
    - Two interviewers for each session. All were very honest and honestly trying to hire good candidates for the position.
    - Interview level would be difficult for most candidates though was mostly easy for me

CAD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied online for the position. Got a mail from recruiting manager to schedule a phone Interview. Interviewer asked questions about coursework and past projects . Then technical questions were asked related to the position. Interview went well with some technical questions related to analog circuits.

Interview Questions

• Describe the channel length modulation.
      Explain body effect.
      Current mirrors
      Basic semiconductor theory   Answer Question

CAD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics in May 2015.

Interview

Interview took for half an hour. Interviewer asked basic semiconductor concepts. He asked me about the course structure in school. He asked me what all courses I have done so far. He asked me whether I have done any analog courses. He asked me whether I know any scripting language.

Interview Questions

• Mosfet equation, VI characteristics, Current flow related questions, DRC, LVS, Physical Design   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synaptics (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quite good. Had an onsite interview the day after a career fair where we went over relevant skills and projects on my resume. Followed within a week by another interview with technical and hr questions. Ended up not taking the position due to securing another one at a dream company, but the offer was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a large technical challenge, and overcame it.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Met on Wednesday at 10:30 to 1:30 (No lunch). Resumed on Thursday at 3:30 until 5:30. Two weeks later no results.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know in Taiwan I should know to do my job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.