Synaptics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Synaptics Interview Questions

Interviews at Synaptics

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

The interview was brief and more over resume. I had a previous interview with the company which was more technical. I did not get that position thought. After a month I was contacted for another position.

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Synaptics (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Greeted me. Was very nice and straight to the point. Didnt talk much about my work history. They just wanted to know what my plans were in my career and how i would achieve them.

ESD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager, then they flew me out to Austin for an in person interview. It was roughly 45 minutes with each engineer, and took roughly 6 hours.

ESD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview questions related to ESD are quite easy and simple.
    But the further action after the interview is super terrible and unpleasant! I feels like being through a scam.
    The hiring manager gave verbal offer right at the interview. On the second morning, I called him to confirm my acceptance on the offer but with some minor changes on terms. It's a relocation offer, which definitely comes up some issue about moving and late enrollment date. But I am willing to cater his requirement and showing my sincerity on this job all the time. And the response I got is that he will talk with HR and get back to me within the day. Then I waited two more days, ended up with receiving emails from HR telling me that the hiring manager is still hesitating between me and another candidate. BTW, I have five years experience on this specific field, on the contrary, the other candidate is a NCG with no background on ESD at all.
    Then on the second week, I send emails to HR twice checking status, but got respond that the hiring manager haven't made choice yet. During that time, the hiring manager ignored my text or phone calls. On the Tuesday of the third week, after constantly urging the HR for new update, I received the notice that they will move forward with the other candidate.
    During the time I requested update from HR, HR told me that every single time the hiring manager came up with different excuse for not make decision, at first not seeing my commitment on this job, and then getting at my late enrollment date.

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge on ESD device, test, and failure analysis.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

Uninformative did not say what the. Job was or what we would be doing asked if I had questions and even looked on their website and I still dont know what they do

Sr. Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Proceed with caution.

Applied to company site. Got an email a few days later from internal recruiter wanting to set up phone call with hiring manager for next week.

1/2-hour phone conversation with the hiring manager went well. Contacted same day for on-site interview availability.

Came on-site for 4-hour interview with 4 people the following week. They seemed nice, very down to earth. Nice office/building/facilities. Interview was part technical/process and situational. A good mixture of questions.

Heard back from the recruiter a few days later to say they liked me and wanted to make an offer. We got together on the phone and talked numbers/expectations.

I stated my expected salary and asked about the range (CA law now dictates employers cannot inquire about past salary but you can about range).

My expectations fell within the range/band. ~70th percentile to be exact.

Then things started going downhill from there:

1 week go by and I finally get a call on the offer. The salary was disappointing -- not close to the number discussed previously. Roughly 4-5 years behind market/experience in general. I proposed a +4% counter the same day via email.

Recruiter acknowledged my counter offer and in the same email asked for my decision?? I was confused because a counter-offer is an implied rejection of the original offer. I politely declined the offer thinking that would be the end of it. The recruiter then emails back the next day stating she’s going to work on my counter offer.

1.5 weeks goes by and I get a call that they would accept my counter. Really??? 1.5 weeks to decide on a +4%? I gave them the benefit of the doubt that maybe their process ran into some snags; but it was a big red flag.

I accepted and the official paperwork was to be submitted for executive signature. 4 days later I was notified via email that the offer was rejected/rescinded due to budget reasons. They were writing checks that could not be cashed. I stopped all discourse with the organization at this point.

Wow. The absolute worst professional experience I've had with a company. Get your act together before making an offer to candidates.

I have Glassdoor reviews (see current reviews) to thank for making users aware of a company’s existing problems. Luckily, I did not jump in with both feet for Synaptics. But it was a very unseemly experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions

Interview

interview process is very interactive with all the team members. Mainly asked about some verilog questions and about your college projects. They also asked about some basic cmos questions. All the interviewers are very friendly.

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus career fair. I happened to drop my resume at the kiosk and totally forgot about it. I got a call back after 4 months or more than that.
    I had one round with the hiring manager and two rounds with the HR. All the rounds were phone interviews only.
    The interview was completely about my previous work (program management) experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest challenge at your previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview with HR then the hiring manager. I've approached their recruited via LinkedIn and she responded. She called me then asked me to their office for a face to face interview. I was then interviewed by their regional sales director via phone. For some reason that he wasn't impressed with my qualification therefore no further contact. I later on received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   2 Answers

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptics.

Interview

3 phone calls, one skype session that focuses on programming, and an on site interview. I was contacted by phone, and was immediately asked technical questions. All interviews were technical, and took several weeks from first call to offer.

Interview Questions

• some questions are based on the interviewers knowledge base, otherwise some basic questions about how touchscreens work.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.