Synthace Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Synthace

Sort:

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synthace.

Interview

45 minute interview / screening call identifying fit for role with a mixture of technical and soft skill questions. Great impression of the company and highly focused on collaborative working. They also say they are flexible with the scope of roles.

3 hour test using the codility platform if also being considered for software engineer.

1 hour interview with one member of the software team who asks technical questions followed by a live coding exercise to canonicalize an IPv6 address.

While the first stage interviewer was friendly and open to discussion the second stage interviewer came across incredibly dismissive projecting the complete opposite of the culture mentioned in the screening call. They seem to forget that an interview works both ways i.e. candidates are also interviewing their future colleagues. The second stage interviewer seemed to have a list of tools they wanted to hear mentioned when it came to the question of debugging a network error but did not give any specific problem.

Overall the second stage interview is more a test of memory rather than of how you approach solving problems. In contrast to what was mentioned in the initial call, the company demonstrated zero flexibility as was told my skills are between an SRE and a software engineer and they wanted to recruit for the specific roles.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred working environment?   Answer Question
    • What is the time complexity of accessing a Map and a LinkedList?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how a client/server application communicates over TCP/IP?   Answer Question
    • What tools would you use to debug a networking error?   Answer Question

Synthace Response

27 Mar 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We're sorry you weren't successful on this occasion.
    We value your feedback and we'll take your comments into consideration as we're constantly reviewing our processes to provide the best possible... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Synthace (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quite good. I've learned about the company from Linkedin jobs section and then later read more about it on their website and across the internet. I've applied through Linkedin and was contacted by a recruitment agency. If I remember correctly these were the steps I had:
    - initial phone call with the recruitment agency - general talk about my background
    - initial phone call with the recruiter from Synthace - general talk about my background, learning more about the company
    - online skill screen on codility (without interviewer, 3 problems to solve within 3 hours within the next week)
    - 1:1 technical interview (online, some technical questions, some coding)
    - on-site interview (5 parts: 2x coding, architecture, team fit, lab tour)
    - additional 1:1 coding (online)

The online parts were on codility+hangouts - I was writing code on codility while talking with the recruiter via hangouts. One time it was just writing code, the other time I was also asked to make it compile and run.

The best part was obviously the lab tour :)

Interview Questions

Synthace Response

29 Mar 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed the process of interviewing with us, and that it had a positive outcome!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.