TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

TIAA Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb 2017

2.9

IFS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

on campus interview with 2 senior managers. was told there was a next round after the interview and ended up getting the offer 3 weeks or so later. very straightforward, all behavioral, fit based, good people, easy process

Interview Questions

• all behavioral; tell me a time when you received ambiguous instructions? why tiaa? what do you know about tiaa?   Answer Question

Corporate Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Resume screening, phone interview, and then in person meeting. The phone interview is not technical at all. all behavioral questions, and if you're coming from a banking background, they will most likely to ask you why you're making the move from the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from investment banking to a corporate job?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

I applied and a few days later received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. After that, had one more phone interview and then was offered the job.

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a video interview where you would be asked certain company and job related questions. Followed by a series of questions to test certain cognitive functions. Also what seemed like an aptitude test. I would recommend for anyone to take an hour or two to finish the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Hiring manager spoke mostly about who they were and not who I am or what I am trying to accomplish in my career. Description is very different from what website says. Not attractive as it looks on paper. Hiring is a two way street, there should be a healthy conversation and not a lecture during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about why we should hire you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter regarding the position I had applied for. I found the recruiter to be very pushy and unpleasant. Straight off, he said he could tell I was nervous (aren't most people?) and demanded I stop being nervous. He grilled me on job duties I had done more than a decade ago (that had nothing to do with the job I was interviewing for) and when I couldn't give specific examples on situations as I couldn't remember back that far, he got very irritated. He said the hiring manager would be even more demanding than he was, so I better spend time trying to remember every task I had done for every job I had ever had and be prepared to give very long and specific examples for each task. He said I was very poor at doing phone interviews and basically implied that it's a good thing I had him as my savior to help "coach" me on how to interview. Interesting, since I've gotten plenty of jobs with my style of interviewing and most people would probably be put off by any recruiter who acted like him.

The recruiter emailed me about a week later stating the hiring manager wanted to meet and the recruiter wanted to have a call with me before that to make sure I was prepared to interview his way. No thanks. I declined both the call and in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask anything that is normally asked. He made demanding statements more than anything.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

I attended an interview on UNCC's campus. There was one guy out in the lobby that initially talked to you. After that, I went in to a room with two interviewers. They asked general behavioral questions and no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when ___ happened. How did you go about it?"   Answer Question

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

TIAA's interview process for Wealth Management Advisor is thorough, with about separate interviews. Some phone interviews and some in person. They look for a recruit to have a passion for helping clients and put significantly higher emphasis on it than other firms.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in and was told interviewers would be late(this is already 5 minutes after my scheduled time), so I spoke with 2 alumni briefly about their experience. 10 minutes later I am being escorted into the interview room.
    Interview felt more like a resume review than an interview. Both interviewers(both technical and non technical) took turns looking at my interview and asking behavioral questions. No technical questions were asked throughout the process. After going over the resume, we briefly spoke about the company but before we could talk about the internship, I was rushed out due to running out of time. Overall, between the lack of interview feeling and being rushed, this left a bad taste with me.

Interview Questions

• Walk me though your toughest challenge you faced.   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in TIAA?   1 Answer

Accelerated Wealth Management Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview was pretty straight forward, a lot's of situational questions. But the interviewer was keep moving away from the main topic of the conversation and I had a hard time to catch it.

Interview Questions

• Why wealth management? Why TIAA? What is your passion? (Tell me about yourself)   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.