TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

TIAA Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2017

2.9

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview with internal recruiter, over the phone. He was professional and pleasant, asked me to walk him through my resume. After that asked for a little more information on my skills and experience relative to the position. He promised to follow up with the hiring manager and get back to me on the next step. I've not heard from him since then.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through my resume?
      Highlight your skills and experiences relevant to the position?
      What's your salary expectation?   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA (Lewisville, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter on the phone, I was asked to complete a personality test and then a webcam Q&A. The Q&A was written online and I answered the questions via webcam. Thereafter I had an in-person interview. There were 2 interviewers who had scripted questions. They looked at each other throughout the process but I was not sure what the looks meant.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, what did you do, was the customer satisfied and did you regain their trust?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA in August 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews: Phone screening by recruiters, typically the recruiters can provide very little insight into the hiring manager's requirements and frequently "advise" of the fact that there are multiple internal candidates under consideration, one phone interview with hiring manager, occasional face to face interviews. The recruiters are among the worst in the financial services industry - zero timely follow-up, consistently ask for salary history which is illegal. Even with an employee referral inside the company in an HR position, the follow up is poor, illogical or none at all.

Actuarial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone call interview (15-20 mins) and then the next level was a meeting with four directors (25-30 mins each). In general they ask questions about your resume and a few standard behavioral situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation of time crunch   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation facing risk   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to persuade a group of an idea that's against their thought   Answer Question
    • If you receive $1 for every second, how long will it take to get one million and then one billion dollars?   1 Answer
    • How would you figure out how many gallons of water are used in a day in a certain building? There was a measurement of 50 gallons for 10 seconds at 12pm.   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. 1 interview with recruiter, one interview with hiring manager, and webex final round since I am not on site. All the team members are helpful but the arrangement of the interviews is a little confusing.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you've done.   1 Answer

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied online and promptly received a request for a phone interview. The interview seemed very scripted and the "recruiter" seemed to be well versed in her script and outside of that seemed ill equipped for any meaningful conversation. The position screamed of micromanagement. Sure they "give" you a book but it was clear all they cared about was getting new dollars into TIAA. After working in the industry for a decade I know there are clearly other places with better product offerings to attract new dollars. I had many questions about the existing book and how they are serviced and the recruiter kept coming back to gathering more assets from outside of TIAA. There was very little conversation about my background, accomplishments or what I can bring to TIAA it was all about bringing assets to TIAA. Prior to my call I had researched other posts on Glassdoor and it is clear the book they assign you is in the hundreds of households. For one person to adequately service 400 plus households there is not copious time left for new business prospecting. One thing I did notice is that many people in this role do not last longer than a couple of years. If it was such a great deal I suspect people would not leave. By the end of the call I decided to let the recruiter know that the position was not for me.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about their questions.   1 Answer

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

First, had phone discussion with the hiring recuriter. Then was accepted for the pre-recorded video interview. Then was selected for the background check and in person interview. It was a two person panel style interview where they had to stick to "the script" and took notes on the pre-printed interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a major obstacle with technology or software? Describe.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you said or did something that had a negative outcome.   Answer Question
    • What is one of your proud customer service moments?
      They followed-up by asking if I had any push-back from management while resolving the customer issue.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you solved a problem, and owned it (it was a wordy question, but that was the gist of it).   Answer Question

Senior Lead Infrastructure Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TIAA (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was pre-screened by Human Resources, and then interviewed by two members of the team on which the position was available. I then interviewed with the team manager and Managing Director of the group. Human Resources coordinated the interview without any issues. They described the role, responsibilities and gaps in the team that they were looking to fill. They also communicated where the team and organization was heading and the goals of both. They outlined the Culture, Values, and Goals of the company as a whole. They stressed the requirements of a team-oriented approach that the organization and company are striving toward and how they as a team and organization are working to meet those goals. At all times, they stressed the fundamental requirement of focusing on what is best for the "Participants" (customers) of the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: "How do you think you fit into the organization after hearing where we are currently and where we are going?"   1 Answer

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Lewisville, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Wasn't long, about 20 to 30 minutes. Went well they asked a lot of general questions. They focused a lot on customer service. I was interviewed by 2 people. Pretty easy interview if you have a great personality and can explain experience with customer service.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were given an assignment and it was due by the end of the day. How did you go about finishing in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Risk Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Two interviewers.Skype Interview. Nice people, pretty straight forward. Simply questions. Go through your resume and whats your interests. I received a call after roughly one month. HR called me and telling me the result.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.