Teach First Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Teach First Interview Questions

Interviews at Teach First

3.1

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in May 2020.

Interview

Friendly, online application form then assessment centre. All done virtually now. It was a good assessment centre despite this and were very quick at getting back. I would recommend applying as process is efficient and responses are quick

Interview Questions

• When have you seen someone teach well and what did they do   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2020.

Interview

Recieve many calls detailing the upcoming steps. Really helpful. Virtual assessment centre. Got the opportunity to ask lots of questions. Presented on two occasions, the second was after some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach? General talk about myself and degree etc. Presented on two occasions, the second was after some feedback. Presented on two occasions, the second was after some feedback.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

A broad process with a group activity, as well as a teacher feedback and personal interview. Firstly, a observe and respond section made you evaluate a recording of a teacher's methods. The second section was where one had to deliver a 2 minute lesson to a group and the last section was a personal interview about your characteristics and motivation to the internship.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was made of several stages. Questions were focused on situations and reactions to see how a person would deal with different situations. All stages were different from each other and gave a chance to see an interviewee's weakness in some, but strength in others.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First.

Interview

The interview consisted of two stages:

- competency based questions
    - presentation on project management

Questions were general and expected answers were based on STAR methodology. There were two members of the team in the first round and two different ones in the second round.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application and assessment day.

The assessment day was good. One on one interview, group exercise and teaching episode. Overall nothing to worry about. Just make sure to speak up in the group work and invite quieter members to voice opinions. Teaching episode isn’t as bad as it sounds and you only have to do it in a room with 2 assessors who act like students, so not daunting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do the teach first programme?   1 Answer

Teach First Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within two weeks. I was invited to the 'development centre' in East London. We spent one full day there. The interview day consisted of:
    one-on-one interview, group task (to plan a year group's event day), assessed feedback of group task, short teaching episode, assessed written feedback of episode.

Videographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

2 stage interviews with corporate minded people who barely have some knowledge about videography. Both interviews where very one-sided with the interviewees not talking much about the role itself...not mentioned how much you’re going to get payed for example.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this role?   1 Answer

Recruitment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Didn't give much of a chance to demonstrate skills. Don't think a telephone interview is enough to give interviewees an opportunity to present themselves. Also, feedback stage took very long. Had to keep chasing them up.

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

2 interviews of 1 hour each.
    Many questions situations based, focusing on how you would deal with as a BA.
    On 2nd interview, had to prepare a 10 min presentation about a project I led from start to end.

Still surprised about the absence of technical tests or questions - it's like your skills on the actual application didn't matter, or at least was unimportant in regards to BA skills.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.