Teach First Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 May 2019

3.2

Sort:

Insight Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application with general information and some competency questions (250 words max). Invitation to half-day assessment centre if successful, which included a 20 minute interview, group case study, and short role-play. Plenty of waiting around which allowed you to chat with other canditates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you pursued a long-term goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Online application, online tests, group assessment centre. The process lasted 3 months. Friendly atmosphere: candidates and assessors. Group assessment (followed by reflection exercise), teaching a 3 minute lesson to two assessors behaving as children and individual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application, then assessment day consisting of 1 to 1 interview, group exercise and sample lesson. The interview was competency based. You needed to give examples of problem solving, planning something, a time when you had experienced criticism and how you dealt with it etc.
    Given information about the sample lesson a week in advance.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you made a bad decision.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Interview

Initial online application including situational judgement test and 3 competency questions. Next stage is a day assessment centre in London, including interview, group exercise and short lesson. Overall very friendly people.

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was seamless and challenging. Started with an application form and test then invite to the assessment centre. There were a group exercise, lesson plan and interview. The most difficult was the group exercise.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First in December 2016.

Interview

One-on-one interview, group case study, and a lesson to two assessors who pretend to be the age of the children you are teaching. Long day and place a LOT of emphasis on their competencies and it seems that if you don't align 100% with them you do not get offered a place.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Heavily competency box-ticking based. Only two stages keep it simple. Online application and then an assessment centre. Assessment centre involves a competency-based interview, group exercise with follow-up self-evaluation (one-on-one), and a mock lesson (one-on-two) with follow-up self-evaluation (written). Important to note that they're looking for particular competencies the whole time so know them back-to-front and listen for clues for which one they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• What four things do you foresee yourself struggling with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour. It was one to one interview and most of the questions were competency/situation based like "Give me a situation where you have done..." and final question was scenario based. The scenario based question was easier than I thought it involves you were working in a school as a teacher and obstacles you are likely to face.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children? Why teaching? Give me a situation where you have put strategies in place to tackle a problem. Give me a situation where you have shown leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach First (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application followed by an all day interview in the company headquarters in London. The interview involved an individual interview, a group assignment, questions based on the group assignment and a sample lesson from a list of potential topics emailed to successful applicants.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel would be the main challenges you would face in the classroom?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southwark, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach First (Southwark, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Full day assessment centre in London. It consisted of an interview going through experiences and competencies, a simulated classroom (for which we had to prepare a 10 minute lesson) and a group activity. The procedure and what they were looking for were clearly explained to us.

Interview Questions

• When have you shown resilience? Give examples from professional, academic or social experiences.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.