Teradata Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Teradata Interview Questions

Interviews at Teradata

2.9

Interview

Interview Process went smoothly and well. There was one panel interview which was a mix of behavioral and technical. Recruiter emailed me the day after the interview to extend an offer so overall the process was fast and smooth.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

There was no interview. A recruiter reached out to me and set a date and time. I followed up with the recruiter to send me a confirmation email, which they never did. And, you guessed it, the interviewer never gave me a call at the set time. This just shows what Teradata is like if they have a recruiting process this poorly.

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied and heard nothing for two months. I was called out the blue, I had forgotten I had applied so didn't understand who was calling.
    A brief discussion with a recruiter, followed by 5 video conferences with hiring manager, person being replaced and various VP's.

After this Teradata ghosted me. I never heard another word from them.
    Extremely rude and unprofessional. I expected more, after a considerable investment of my time in preparing for and participating in the interviews. This happened to me before with Teradata, a couple of years ago, so it's not one lazy recruiter, it's corporate policy.
    I don't appreciate this and will never consider Teradata in future job hunts, I should have learned my lesson the first time.

Interview Questions

• How will you feel if after investing 5 hrs in interviews we never contact you again?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Internal Transition process - There was no process other than just waiting for 2 - 3 months for just things to move. I had to request for follow ups all the time. There were so many dis connects

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewer asked questions about resume and past experiences. Mostly behavioral. Asked why are you interested in working with Teradata and computer science in general. Asked about future career goals.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Unorganized. I thought I'd been ghosted when I didn't hear back for 3 weeks after both 1st and 2nd interviews despite my follow-ups.

The 3rd 1:1 interview was not a good candidate experience. There was 0 time for questions. The interviewer asked questions then interrupted to answer them herself when I was only a sentence or two into a response. Perhaps she thought I was long-winded 😲 or more likely was short on time, not that interested in my candidacy for the role, wasn't familiar with the needs of the role (out of her depth).

My candidate experience left me feeling like they thought they were doing a favor interviewing me. If that's a taste of the culture as an employee - no thanks!

Service Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by a number of current SEM's and management. Very smooth process. Asked a lot of questions regarding working with customers and team interactions. A number of scenarios and how I would respond as well. A good variety of questions.

Interview Questions

• What I would do in the first 90 days.   1 Answer

Field Enablement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teradata in August 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter and phone interview with the hiring manager.

Several years ago I went through a rigorous interview process (we are talking 5+ interviews and a customized presentation to a panel) with Teradata. Towards the end, communication completely fell apart and the hiring manager had to undo lies told by the recruiter. The endless interview process, unclear expectations, and lack of transparency were all red flags so even if the outcome had been different, I would have walked away.

Fast forward several years later, to the present... I gave the recruiter the benefit of the doubt, but not much has changed. When the hiring manager asks you questions about developing a strategic plan because there is a lack of strategy at the organization, which is causing attrition and turmoil, and he/she is occupying a leadership role with no leadership experience, well, I dodged a bullet. I believe they ended up going with someone with no field enablement experience in his twenties. And as with my first experience, communication fell flat.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Started off great but was mishandled by TA/HR in the end. They will ghost you.

After a straightforward online application I was quickly contacted by a recruiter. They were very communicative and helped coordinate a phone interview, followed by several onsite interviews (which required travel) all within a couple of weeks. The hiring manager was very pleasant to speak to and everything seemed to be going very well. The other team members I met during the on-site interviews were also very friendly and very smart and motivated. We struck up great conversations, toured the office / campus, and they seemed really excited by my background. I was then promptly contacted by TA/HR to discuss salary and benefits and was told I was a finalist and that they would get back to me in a few days... well, it's been a couple of months and I've heard nothing (even after following up).

I got ghosted.

I know this is common practice in the tech industry and I'm trying not to take it personally, but I don't agree with it - especially after establishing good rapport with the team. It has tarnished the company's image in my mind and has put the less-than-favorable Glassdoor reviews that they have in perspective for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Interview

Someone named Vicky reached out to me to recruit me for the position. She sent me multiple messages confirming she would call at a certain time - and then never called. I asked if everything was ok and if another time works better. She never got back to me - this was a few days ago now. This is not how you treat candidates and is a sign of a dysfunctional company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, since the recruiter never called at the time they said they would and stopped responding to messages.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.