Teradata Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teradata (Hyderabad).

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 rounds.
    All the rounds are mostly related to Data structures questions and some of are related to memory management and array. All the rounds mostly will be completed in one day

Interview Questions

• some of the questions includes reverse linked list, malloc, Identical trees.
      some questions on stacks, how to get min ele in o(1) everry time.
      some logical questions, array q's like sort 0's and 1's array.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by them at the beginning of the week to schedule the interview. They really wanted to interview me, so they asked if they could interview me after hours. I said sure. They asked me basic questions. I was able to answer almost all of them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was already set by the temp agency.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a group interview where I meet with entire team at once for one and half hour. I think it was a good interview technique and everyone could hear my answer to questions and I could see how they feel when they are with their manager.

Interview Questions

• Will be OK to relocate and stay with them?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teradata in May 2013.

Interview

One telephonic interview and other face to face interview with manager

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

1 telephonic and 1 f2f interview.it was not that difficult.Telephonic interview conducted for 1 hr and f2f for 45 mins.
    Questions on your past project and related to the stages used in that project

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

There was 1 round with aptitude questions.
    1 round tech was mainly about the data warehousing concepts (basic) and simple sql queries
    1 round HR They asked simple questions about hobbies and academic projects and achievements

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

One phone screen with hiring manager
    Week later scheduled for 3 hrs in-person interview for C2H

Overall the company culture seemed to be like aggressive and micro managed. Anyone can see anyone from corner of the office and hear what you talk. That itself put me off !

Interview Questions

• Difference between synchronize map vs concurrent map
      How is set implemented?
      Singleton implementation?
      How Hashmap works ?
      Coallesce function
      Join vs Union
      Arraylist vs linkedlist
      Microservice – how put is operated with an identifier (URI or payload)
      Why is string immutable?
      Spring beans scope
      SQL Joins/Unions (what and differences)
      Some Architecture idiot was asking about Chess board game and how to implement horse move!!! (looks like he is enthusiastic to interview and lose sight of acknowledging interviewee is a person like him) – Clearly this question seemed to infer lack of compassion in the company.

PS: there is some white-boarding stuff, which I hate the most !!!   1 Answer

Junior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 stages of interview process - virtual interview (questions were displayed in a portal and you will record your responses), phone interview (where you will be asked on behavior questions and understand the basic benefit and compensation package), and in-person interview with partners

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teradata (Miamisburg, OH (US)).

Interview

Very easy place to get into. Show up and mention some buzz words, they will be very impressed

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

New Grad position - first contacted to fill out a screening form where I outlined my experience in certain areas as well as answered questions regarding expected salary. Next I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and an engineer. Relatively easy and mostly non-technical. We discussed my education and experience in internships. At the end of my phone interview the hiring manager said he wanted to move forward and get me in for an on-site interview. We scheduled that interview right then. The onsite interview consisted of 2 rounds with 3 people each. The first was with a group of engineers and it was some technical questions, but nothing really specific or hands on. Some behavioral questions. The second round was mostly all technical and certainly the most difficult part of the interview. This round was with the hiring manager and senior engineers.

Interview Questions

• Implement a stack on the board, BST traversal, insertion, removal, pointers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was a little lower than I was expecting. The HR representative indicated flexiblity but in providing a counter offer they were only able to come up a little bit. Nevertheless, a great company that I am excited to work for!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2007.

Interview

Applied through their website. I was later contacted by HR about an open position. Phone screening and several in person interviews. Not very heavy on the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very flexible negotiation wise. HR has a pretty strict guideline for what they are able to offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.