Thames Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thames Water Interview Questions

Interviews at Thames Water

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water.

Interview

Attended a video interview and never heard back from them!

The interview itself was pleasant. First an Excel and Access test, followed by a face to face with the hiring manager and a promise to hear back by the following week

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thames Water (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application followed by brief call with recruiter.
    Had to pull out due to sickness but company offered alternative and were keen to interview. Was not able to attend due to illnese but gave a positive experience

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online for the role and was contacted within a week or inviting me to a telephone interview. I received a lot of help and guidance from HR who told me I would be absolutely fine in the interview and the answers I gave would be what they are looking for. I did lots of research and learnt about the values which you will need to know.

They invited me to the assessment centre - the Swindon office.

When I arrived the reception had no idea there were any interviews that evening.
    The interview was due to start at 5.15 but everyone seemed to be unsure of what they were doing - this was put down to 2 people dropping out, out of 9 who were invited.
    The first part was a welcome and presentation which lasted about 10 minutes. Then we were split in half with one group off to another room.
    My group had the group activity first where you are given the scenario of being stuck in a rainforest following a plane crash and can only take 7 items. Your made to discuss this with your group then present back.
    The second part was a written exercise where you are asked to write a reply to a customer who has had a bad experience.
    Then you swap over with the second group. You are given a scenario to read for 10 minutes then you have to answer the phone to one of the hiring managers who role play a customer.
    The last part was a 1:1 interview where you are asked competency questions based on their values.

Overall I felt very prepared for the interview and HR were very supportive but the interview itself was quite extreme for the job itself, especially not coming from a telephone customer service background or working with a company such as Thames.

HR got back to me within 2 days to say that I was unsuccessful and gave me feedback but I had enough points on my interview to be offered the position, so they were going to try and contest it but I still haven’t heard back a few weeks on which is disappointing.

Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thames Water in November 2019.

Interview

3 stages

Group interview
    Telephone test
    Face to face

Only two others came

There was a stranded in the jungle scenario after a plane crash, we had to answer which items we keep. We were advised to be confident but not too confident, don't overpower others and include the quiet ones.

The telephone interview was a bit weird because the case study bill is only an estimate (which everyone knows before they even manage to attend the interview)so after it is established to be an estimate that is it really.

Face to face was competency based.

Service Introduction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Interview

Absolute morons. Three months after a second interview and several phone calls to their OWN HR still nothing. Glad I took a job at a company who is much less of a shambles. AVOID

Interview Questions

• 3 months after your interview would you expect to heat if you’ve got the job?   Answer Question
    • Do you want to work for incompetent twats??   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

reasonable skill assessment competence based questions. Ridiculous employment screening for a utility company asking for my accountants details of previous employment. If I knew Security Clearance was required I would not have bothered. It's a gross misuse of position to introduce it after the interview. I question their legal right to demand this private data.

Interview Questions

• We are a complex business, how would you engage people?   1 Answer

Science Graduate Interview

Interview

Online application focused on why you are passionate about a job in environmental science and how you would be suited to the role. Also some standard questions about previous employment etc. Followed by a video interview with around 5 or 6 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to carry out a task without the full set of information required and how did you get around it?   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

When I arrived I was shown to a meeting room where I did a case study for one hour. I was then moved to the adjacent meeting room where I had a one hour competency based interview. The hiring managers were conducting interviews back to back with one candidate doing a case study while another candidate was being interviewed. Given that the hiring managers have been interviewing candidates for the last five months they must have literally interviewed hundreds of candidates. This must beg the question do the hiring managers know what they are doing?

Senior Treasury Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Technical questions about company stats, IFRS knowledge tested, company product knowledge, character assessment. No predefined competency questions. First Interview with Senior Treasury manager and Group Treasurer. Second interview with Head of Corporate Finance. Second interview was formality.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about IFRS9, company stats, products, market factors, valuation, handling pressure.   Answer Question

Graduate Lead to Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then asked to do an online test followed by on online video interview followed by assessment centre. Process only took about three weeks, at assessment centre said they had over 200 applicants which is narrowed down to 60, 15 people in one of four assessment days

Interview Questions

• Group exercise- plan a charity event
      Unknown business exercise- had 30 mins to prep to run a mock meeting in front of one interviewer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.