The Mill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The Mill Interview Questions

Interviews at The Mill

2.2

Accounting Staff Member Interview

Interview

They were two really nice people over a Microsoft Teams call I believe. 30 minutes. Asked basic interview questions and told me about the job. Overall, nice people! They let you explain yourself first and then tell you about the position and they try to gage if you are good enough for that position.

Interview Questions

• The job required very good communication skills, talking to producers, clients, co-workers, and the accounting team in Mexico. They asked if this was something I could do.   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Mill (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had 4 in-person interviews which included the recruiter, head of production, a Sr. Producer, Head of CG, EPs and Production Supervisor. All of the people I met were really nice during the process. It was a bit frustrating since it spanned 4 months with often no feedback, but that's just the way it is for such a big company I guess. They're owned by Technicolor.

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember a question that was asked to me. The process started over a year and a half ago.   Answer Question

Image Library Curator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Mill (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I initially applied for the position on a freelancer site. I did one project for them and received zero feedback or communication. Someone from the NYC office finally got back to me two months later asking if I would like to be involved in other projects. We set up a phone interview and then a few emails were exchanged.

After sending over employment paperwork, which I filled out and got back to them right away, I followed up several times and each time I was told things were still "in the works" for the position.

Ultimately, there was no position and no further communication from this terrible company. I never heard a single thing back from anyone. Just unbelievably disorganized, uncommunicative, and unprofessional. Several of the people who were involved in the project no longer work there but I assume things are being run just as terribly without them.

Avoid at all costs.

Interview Questions

No official offer was ever made. I was sent employment paperwork as if I were being hired but then I never heard from anyone again.

Runner Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and they asked questions that would be expected. Everything was on time and everyone was very friendly. There were many people walking around so that was a little distracting but no major complaints.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mill in September 2017.

Interview

I have been contacted by a recruiter. The interview was about my about my background and the details of the position. It was a smooth nice interview with very nice research people and the position was pretty interesting. Working with cool artists, working in NY, etc, I was very motivated. I have received a mail afterwards to have an interview with the managers.

Then the next interview has never happened. Either managers were away, did not have time etc. After a month of excuses I have decided to give up because another position was waiting an answer. I think this was not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• It was a pleasant interview with cool scientists on my background and their future plans with the position.   Answer Question

VFX Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Mill (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was lovely, no stress and the personnel involved were all genuinely interested in hearing what I had to say. They made the process easy and clear and were open to hearing and answering all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What are my long term goals for working in the industry?   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mill (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was on the lookout for an opening at The Mill. I came across the listing online and sent all of my application materials that morning. I was brought in for an interview, then later that week brought in for a couple days to work on a short-term project. After that, the trial was extended for two months before bringing me on staff full-time.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked to describe my previous knowledge of The Mill.   1 Answer

CG Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Mill (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Emailed demo reel and got a call the next day for an interview.
    Friendly interview with Head of the departement and scheduler.
    I got a tour of the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about work experience and background.
      They ask if I am interested in leading job in the future.   Answer Question

Motion Graphics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mill (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Some producers came to my school and they were cool. I belive that the way that I presented my self and my portfolio are what got me the internship. Id say go in confident. The producers knew that everyone wanted to work there so they were looking for weaknesses. (dont give them any)

CG Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Mill (Savannah, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR person and senior lighter are very friendly, and after introducing each other. They started to look at my demo. Then they showed interested in a few projects, asked about the process of how I developed these. Then looked at my resume. Asked and marked which software I have been using.

Interview Questions

• When I will graduate from school and when I will be capable to start to work.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.