Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.7

Sort:

Photo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was good. You just need to wear a suit. Always wear a suit. HR is nice but can be a bit challenging in their questions or may throw you off so study the place you are interviewing at. The person was nice. I interviewed here 5 years ago and the person was much nicer. They have changed people and i think its a bit more difficult.

Photo Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. I knew the person interviewing me; she offered me a great deal of advice in our phone call as I didn't have enough experience, so I found another position at another place to further my experience in the field... I'll reapply in the near future when the position opens up.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience staging and directing photos in a commercial studio setting?   1 Answer

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Took about two days to hear back after applying. Pretty standard interview about past responsibilties and explained the position in depth. No difficult questions, basically just asking me how I would handle certain situations should they arise while in the newsroom. It was a very conversational interview and a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a breaking news situation?   1 Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Preliminary phone screen went well. I scheduled a meeting with the Consumer Marketing Recruiting Manager and an excel logic test at Time inc Headquarters for the following week. At the interview, the recruiting manager was rather brusque. I was asked to go over my resume and then told mid-presentation to tell it a different way. In the middle of the interview someone else came into the room and the recruiting manager left the room for five minutes to meet someone else. It interrupted the flow of the interview. I was then told that I would take the excel test and then be brought back to so that I could ask some questions. I took the excel test and was told that the interview was done. While I was walking out the door, the manager asked as an afterthought if I had any questions. I was told I would be notified if I was under consideration. Over, one month later I had no contact from Time Inc. Very negative experience.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I heard about position from a friend and gave my resume through employee referral. I met with future boss for interview. Then they scheduled interview with HR and head of marketing a day or two later. Kept following up and then was hired a few weeks later. Pretty standard interview questions and very fast process.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was later contacted by an HR representative to have an in-person interview with her the following day. I was mainly asked about my experience and interest in the position and company, and I also took a skills test that required logic and arithmetic skills. I was then invited for an interview with the VP in charge of the titles I'd be working for. That interview consisted mostly of behavioral-type questions. After that, I was invited to interview with the person who would be my direct manager, and that interview followed the same format. Finally, I had a phone interview with a third person in my group, again following the same behavioral-interview format.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

In total, had 4 interviews at Time and they don't have the courtesy to follow up. First interviewed with HR in order to be put through to the actual hiring managers. After that, 2 interviews with the same hiring manager, submitted a skills test, and then met for final round with Director and SVP. Said they were looking to hire someone ASAP and should hear from them within a week. It has been over a month and no one has responded to emails or phone calls. In the meantime, I've been contacted by HR for another job opportunity. Experience has left a bad impression of the company, I once revered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Received an email in response to my online profile. I hadn't applied to this specific opportunity. The email asked me to come in for an in-person interview the following day.

The in-person interview went very quickly and felt very methodical/robotic despite my attempts to connect with the HR interviewer, via my answers and examples. I left not having a sense of HOW it went. Followed up- heard nothing for a while. Then later, got a follow-up that the position had not been filled. Just asked if I was still available.

I wouldn't say it was a negative experience. Just incomplete, I suppose.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Was first contacted by HR for a phone interview. General fit questions about my experience and how I handled different situations. Then took a logic based excel assessment. Next I went in to speak with the hiring manager and some higher level executives. Very behavioral questions, tested my knowledge of myself, my interests, and my ability to perform in this role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation took place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

An HR recruiter reached out to me to set up an in person interview with her and 2 other marketing managers the next week. When I arrived at the building and met with the recruiter, she wouldn't shake my hand and was not friendly.

Nevertheless, we went to an empty conference room to discuss my resume and skills and requirements. She laughed at me when I made my salary request, which was in a lateral ballpark to my current salary, pretty rude. She asked why I thought it'd be reasonable for that range and after discussion I got the idea the conversation was going downhill.

I then took an Excel skills test which took about 25 minutes of the alloted 40. The recruiter told me to go to the receptionists desk when I completed the exam for the next steps. The receptionist told me I was done with my interview. When I mentioned I was set up to be meeting with two other managers, the receptionist said "nah, I don't believe you are" and walked away. Did not show me the door, nothing. I showed myself out and left.

I'm not in the HR field but I had never felt more disrespected as a candidate than in that interview and their HR department showed poor taste in how they treat potential hires. It's a shame how one person can pave the reputation of how Time Inc. operates. As the face of Time Inc in the beginning stages of an interview process, both the recruiter and receptionist should feel embarrassed and ashamed of herself for poorly representing the company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.