Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated 20 Feb 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I put in an aplication through indeed then a week later got and email to set up phone interview. The interview was horrible the recruiter rushed me through the whole thing it was suppose to be 15 to 30 min, I only got less than 10 min!!! Then she said they would email me to let me know, but we all know that means I didn't get the position!! Like seriously tell me then and there that I didn't get it instead of making me wait!!! How do you expect to gain experience if not one it willing to teach you and give you experience!!!!

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

My one time interview consisted of 2 people and was very informal and took the pressure off vs being in a group setting. Hiring process was very easy, only waiting for the initial checks to go through.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. Terms were very fair and competitive.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email the day after I applied online. Phone pre-screening set for the next day. The recruiter was polite but rushed the interview. Her questions consisted mainly of background (education, experience, general questions). I was on the phone with her exactly 15 minutes even though she set scheduled 30 minutes. She said that they had a large number of applicants for the position and to contact her back via email for a status update by Monday of the following week. I contacted her via email and she replied that the team passed on my candidacy.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Good, formal, and too the point. Met with different people and had a tour of the area. Nice people to meet as well. You meet with them early in the morning and have interview rounds throughout that time. You can also be with others who are applying for the position as well.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on an island with a broken laptop how would you survive?   Answer Question

Total Loss Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

DO NO WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!!! Where do I begin, folks- they people will bring you in, make you go through all of their hoops, then deny your candidacy in the end! And I was brought in by a friend who is the HEAD of the total loss department in Charlotte. I was passed on a job for which I have YEARS of experience doing- makes absolutely no sense! This is the THIRD time around for me- three strikes and I'm out. I went through the ENTIRE hiring process three different times for three different roles over a period of 2 years. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. My best advice to anyone currently or wanting to apply with Travelers- DON'T - there are more respected and worthwhile organizations out there!!! NO RESPECT FOR TRAVELERS, CHARLOTTE OFFICE.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer...   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT (US)).

Interview

There was an phone call interview after I submitted my interview. This basically covered my past team experiences and project work in school. Next a day full of interviews on site it Hartford. Most questions were behavioral or critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• You're given 9 stones and a scale with one stone being a different weight. How do you determine the one that is different?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed shortly after applying. I had a 15 minute telephone interview. The interview was very easy and I thought it went well, but eight days after the interview, the job status page, said "no longer under consideration". I did not receive a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

it was fun, i like interviweing, it went by quick and everyone was very nice to me, i would recomment this job to anyone, i dont know what else to say they make you type 30 words

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair which was basically a pre-screening where they let you know the basics of the job. An interview was set up for 10 days later and I had to finish two online assessment tests before then. Everyone at the job fair and the two interviews were extremely friendly. I did not receive a job offer but they did personally call one week later to let me know.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for Claims Customer Service Rep position in late December 2016. I received an email on January 4th from a recruiter asking for my availability to conduct a phone interview. I did the phone interview two days later which lasted for about an hour. She discussed the position in depth and told me the salary range. She also asked basic interview questions and about my work history. I did not prepare for this phone interview and it went fine. She told me I would be a good fit and wanted me to go come in next week to take an assessment. The assessment lasted about three hours. Afterwards, we were taken one by one and told the results by the proctor which I passed with flying colours. I came in for an interview the following day with two individuals. They read questions from a long packet and it lasted about an hour and a half. I asked a lot of follow-up questions about the department and inquired about advancement options, how are we evaluated, and etc. I was told it would take a couple of weeks before I am contacted by HR with a decision because they're early in the interview process.

For the past three weeks on the job submission status page, my status has been "interview" with an HR status date of "1/xx/2017". They finally closed the job posting last week and today, when I checked my status was still "interview" but the date has changed to "1/31/2016". I am assuming I did not receive the job because it been over three weeks and I have not heard back from anyone at the company. I am a recent college graduate with customer service experience and prior supervisory experience plus I am sure I did a good job at my interview. So why I was not chosen I am unsure because I exceeded the qualifications for the position.

My recommendation is if your waiting to hear back and are offered a job at another company to take it. I was offered a job at another company and am happy that I accepted it. If I had put all my eggs into Traveler's basket I would be stressing myself out right now. While I really wanted this job it is just smart to keep your options open so you don't miss out on opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.