Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Travelers Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

1,204 Interview Reviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The overall review was decent, it seemed a bit unorganized at times. Was waiting for a long time in the beginning even though I was there on time. A decent experience in the end, but I would consider applying for another job at this location.

Interview Questions

• If I opened a restaurant in the area, what would I open?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with a company recruiter followed by a second interview over zoom with two managers. First was very brief and typical interview questions, second was more behavioral questions to see thought process and past decision making in the workplace

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work at travelers   1 Answer

PMDP Internship Interview

Interview

First was a phone interview, and then an in person interview. The in person interview was conducted by 3 different employees, where they asked behavioral and more specific questions. The interview lasted approximately 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name specific experiences where you had trouble working in a team   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

There were three parts. First online assessment, if you did well you will have a phone interview and based on how that went you will have an in person interview.

UPDP Intern Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by interviews with four account executives and managers. Very flexible with how interviews would be done and gave a choice of being in person or online.

Interview Questions

• Why Underwriting and describe a time when you've had to deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Phone call and then one hour technical interview. Just asked simple technical questions and experience about previous job. They were really nice, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• double equals vs. triple equals in JS.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me 3 months after I submitted my application to schedule an interview. Had a nice, 1+ hour conversation about the position and the company. Was advised that I'd be receiving a programming test within 5 days time, then nothing. Follow up email was ignored. Be sure to apply here if you are well qualified and want to be ghosted 3 months after applying!

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

This process was held over series of video-interviews, of which the final one was one of the most bizarre and unprofessional experiences I've had, following a 20-year career of consulting for large advertising agencies. The interview was conducted by a VP of my prospective department, who was "working" from home at the time. She seemed a bit annoyed of having to interview me, appeared excessively casual and spoke in an obnoxious tone. It was actually jarring in contrast to the previous interviewers, who were all highly professional, courteous and pleasant. This VP seemed to be very much at odds with not only the scope of the job listing I was applying for, but also her colleagues' descriptions of it and the overall company mission. Perhaps she had never seen it. During the interview she kept fidgeting, once leaving the camera, going far enough away to become inaudible. The interview concluded with a request to directly send examples of my previous work. I explained that I'd do my best to provide this, however was very strictly constrained by NDAs for the time being. I explained that I'd be providing very good references to help validate my professional experience claims. Already becoming quite disinterested in working for Travelers and not expecting anything at this point anymore, I sent a redacted compilation directly to the VP, simply to complete the process. I never heard back from Travelers, but also elected not to follow up with them anymore.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to make pivot charts and paste them into PowerPoint?   1 Answer

HR Intern Interview

Interview

30 min phone interview, general behavioral questions. Asked about past experience on resume. Interviewer assessed knowledge of the company and interest in summer program. Gave insight into the specifics of program, ended with Q&A

Manager, Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

interviewed seven over a week span for an hour each, just about. During CoVID the calls were spaced out and Virtual.

Very diverse and challenging questions but to assess technical competency, reason, communication and experience in handling various situations.

Was called by recruiter, did not apply and took About month/month and half.

Interviews went well, and everyone was a pleasure to speak with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions such as understanding Random forest structure, regularization, machine learning/optimization with AG Boost, presenting information and appropriate caveats, querying/SQL question.

Statistical competency, building models, assessing, validation, experiment controls.

Knowing to independently navigate procure information/data, particularly when determining scope of a project.

managing executive expectations, particularly to non technical executives with unrealistic asks.

Navigate communicating with executive results,   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.