Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017

3.1

HRLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Applied through university, on campus first round interview with two participants in the HRLDP program. Second Round Interview was with two senior level workers in the HR department. They were amazing!

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Portsmouth, NH (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The one and only interview was conducted over the phone. The recruiter was rude, short, invasive and demanded to know EVERYTHING involving every minute detail of my previous job departures. I felt like I was under interrogation and did something wrong. After being interrupted several times, I was ready to abruptly end this nightmare of a conversation but managed to hold it together until the Traveler's Inquisition was done. After I hung up the phone, I could not decide whether I had just had a job interview, or a prostate exam.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter demanded to know privileged information regarding salary agreements, benefits and confidential terms to signed employee contracts during my tenure that directly pertain to the reason I resigned from my last job.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Was scheduled for an interview through university.
    When I checked in, they told me it was phone interview and it didn't even say on the email.
    I was dressed in a suit for the interview and I ended up getting just a phone call.
    Very unprofessional.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the internal recruiter within days for a phone screening interview. The entire interview process took a while (couple of months) but I was kept very well informed and my expectations were set for the process.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical questions, such as why I wanted to be in-house.   Answer Question

Outside Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to attend a job fair they were giving. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I was asked typical interview questions.
    Than I was escorted to another section where I met with a manager and someone currently doing the job. Next I was scheduled to do the assessment test.
    The test was difficult for me. I failed the math portion and could not continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a DOY project or home improvement project that you completed?   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the outside property claims representative position in my area. Was notified the next business via email with a recruiter with Travelers. Was asked to participate in 1hr phone interview with in the next 2 day. Had the phone interview and everything went well. Recruiter was very pleasant and forthcoming. Asked general questions of prior employment and why I would be a good fit with the company. Was advised that after this interview, the next stage was an assessment test. Was asked if I would be available to take the next scheduled test (which was the following Wednesday ) The phone interview took place on a Thursday. I said yes and the recruiter explained the time and date for the test and what to wear the exam. Was told that the location would be forwarded to me by the end of the next day (Friday). Friday came and went and then the weekend. Was very confused; if by not getting an email on Friday about taking the test, was that their way of saying I didn't pass the phone interview? Waited until Monday and emailed the recruiter for clarification. Got an out of office response. The next day (Tuesday) I get an email saying there was a mistake and I should have received an email from the local HR debt about the test on Friday (The next day). 2 hrs later I get an email advising me that I was selected to take the test, which was to take place with in the next 24hrs. WTF!! Was told to study for the GED type questions. With not knowing if I had advanced onto the next stage of the employment process, I made plans but ended changing them. Never had enough time to study for questions that I hadn't dealt with in the last 15 effing years.

The test was somewhat easy but not enough time. The first section I only completed 18 questions out of 30.So yeah I effing failed that part right out of the gate.

Overall, terrible experience. Never had enough time to prepare and never understood the reasoning behind the timed purpose of the test. If you struggle at reading lengthy items (i.e. Policies) and having to answer 5 questions in 1 minute, or figuring out the volume of an isosceles triangle in 25 seconds, then save yourself the trouble.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time where you had to deliver bad news to a client.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

I applied in July and was officially hired at the end of August with a start date in September. This is a very intense interview process, but I believe wholeheartedly it will be worth it. It begins with a brief phone screening with a hiring manager. If you are recommended, you will have to take a test in the office (lasts approx. 3-4 hours depending on if you take breaks in between each section). I heard back that very same day and was scheduled for an interview about a week later. After the first interview, I heard back I believe a week later and was scheduled for a second interview. Took about another week to hear back for the verbal offer. The background then took another week until I was cleared and given official offer.
    Everyone I met throughout this process has been kind and welcoming. I'm unsure how to give tips on studying for the test and I don't want to give wrong information so I will skip that part. I would strongly recommend anyone who is interviewing to STUDY and prepare yourself for behavioral-based interview questions. Review your employment history beforehand and try to think of examples as to how it can relate to the position you are interviewing for. Also make sure to review Travelers itself, you'll want to make sure you're familiar with the background of the company and the reputation. I studied quite a bit before each interview. Again, everyone I met and have spoken with have been incredibly friendly and I am excited to begin this journey. Good luck to you all!

Interview Questions

• Research behavioral -based interview questions and study those.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via referral; got an email within 24 hours setting up a phone interview for the next week. After the phone interview, there is an assessment you take at home. Takes about 1.5 hr total - requires some thought but not difficult. Was called for an in person interview for the following week. Got the offer a few days later. Had to get drug tested and complete a background check after the offer was made. Everyone I spoke to was incredibly helpful and friendly. Your resources check in periodically so you never feel like you're in the dark. Whole process from application to official acceptance took about 5 weeks. As others have said, interview was situational questions/experiences. Go prepared with many examples from previous positions.

Field Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT (US)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews, one phone, 2 in person. The inpersons were both done the same day. The process was about a month start to finish, but I have no complaints. My interviewers were warm and friendly. Be prepared to answer questions in the STAR format. They do require drug testing once the position is offered and acceptes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were asked to do something that made you uncomfortable, and did you do it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Probably one of the most intense interview processes I've gone through, but it was worth it.

First, I was contacted by a recruiter. We briefly discussed the position and my experience.

Next, I was scheduled to take a 3 hour long assessment. I was applying for a position in a different state, so they were kind enough to let me take the assessment at a local Travelers office. The assessment included a typing test, writing a letter, math problems, personality questions. It wasn't that difficult and I was able to finish every section within the allotted time. I got an email the next day letting me know I had passed.

After that, an interview was scheduled with 2 managers in the claims department. Once again since I was in a different state than the position I applied for, they let me do a video interview at the local Travelers office. The questions were formatted in the STARS method. They asked about my experience and had a lot of situational questions. It was pretty intense and I couldn't really read their reactions to gage how I was doing...

After the video interview I sat with one of the employees in the claims department and shadowed him for about 30 mins. Be sure to ask a lot of questions!

A few days later I got another email to schedule a 2nd interview with an HR manager. We ended up doing a phone interview, and they asked similar situational questions and had me discuss my experience.

The following week I was offered the position, and had to do the drug test and background check. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to give some difficult news to a customer   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.