Tripadvisor Interview Questions

Updated 12 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 689 of over 689 interviews

Recruiter17%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

All interviewers are extremely supportive, and nice. The interview process takes about 1 months from the Take home challenge to final decision. Really glad I have the opportunity to interview with TripAdvisor.

Interview Questions
  • Some product case questions (Define a KPI given a situation, explain how to calculate it, and how to measure)
    Answer Question

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

The process will depend on how long or short they want to drag their feet. For me, it took 8 - 10 weeks. Step 1: Call with HR (30 mins) Step 2: Call with Designer (30 - 45mins) Step 3: Call with leadership (30 - 45mins) Step 4: Call with Marketing team member (30 mins) Right after that call is another with a member of the product management team (30 mins) The above four steps took about 3-4 weeks, depending on scheduling. After I finished all my rounds, Tripadvisor went silent for a few days. I sent out follow-up emails, and HR gave a vague answer that they are going through some internal communications. They went missing for 3-4 weeks, saying that they had to figure out some "internal things" a few days after what I thought will be my last follow up (because if they like you, I assume you'd know the very next day) the HR sends an email saying that they are moving on. I asked for feedback which will be helpful for me as I look for other opportunities, and they didn't bother replying. I feel bothered when you waste my time, Tripadvisor team.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite website and why? What is your favorite app and why? How do you collaborate with others? What are your special powers? What special powers will you bring to the table? What is your design philosophy? How do you collaborate with PM's and engineering?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Sydney) in Apr 2021

Interview

After applying for job, I was contacted by HR to arrange a time for interview. They were pretty flexible with that. On the interview day, as soon as interview start, they started asking questions. The questions were too academic for a person with 4 years experience. The role was supposed to be for a person who has got good experience. Instead of asking technical questions or questions about my experience/expertise, they started asking me academic questions of semester 1. Like "What is size of Integer?" All other questions were also academic and theoretical. Very immature.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braga

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Braga) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had one behavioral interview and one technical interview, the behavioral interview had the normal questions that have in this kind of interview In technical interview was the kind of whiteboard interview, I was asked about data structures, big O questions, java, microservices and spring question

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Four rounds: (1) first, a brief 30-min interview with the hiring manager regarding motivations to work for Tripadvisor; (2) beginner-intermediate SQL coding challenge; (3) 45-min interview with senior position; (4) take-home assignment.

Interview Questions
  • Why Tripadvisor? Your background? What would you look into if you saw the following scenario?
1 person found this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. First with the phone interview and went through some basic information. Then on-site interview with team managers and went over some behaviors questions and questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. How do you handle situation where you disagree with your manager?
1 person found this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

The entire process took 2 weeks, very pleasant in terms of the applications. Hiring managers took a genuine interest in your development. My recommendation is to do your homework on the travel industry.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Had 3 rounds on campus. One was behavioral where I had lunch with the interviewer, the second was generally about security topics, and the final one was about algorithm design.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Had to do a test from an agency and had to pass before getting to the actual interview. The test would be relevant to the vacancy that you are applying .

Interview Questions
  • The questions are similar to other standard job interviews, but mostly they want to know passionate are you towards the vacancy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Oxford, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

First interview is an informal chat with their recruitment person, she was very friendly I didn't have to do any prep other than a quick research on the company. she asked 4 technical questions at the end. 2 were based on data structures: "what data structures follow FIFO principle" "what data structure follows LIFO principle" and then 2 algorithm questions which I did not know the answer to. then the second interview was very technical and was a range of questions on database, web (what is difference between http.get and http.post), couple questions on data structures, big o (which I am completely unfamiliar with). moved onto the last part of the interview which was a live coding exercise which was very simple now that I think about it! something about printing out multiplications for numbers 1-5 so 1 *1 all the way to 1*12 and then repeat for numbers up to 5 etc. the interviewer was sooo friendly he was so nice and did not put me down like how I have experienced in other interviews with other companies! he gave me prompts and helped me a lot, doubt I've made it to the next stage but needed to say how nice and friendly he was, despite me not knowing many of the answers he still kept a positive and friendly atmosphere :) (interview was remote and carried out via video call)

Interview Questions
  • what data structures do you know? big O of linked lists??? difference between http.get and http.post when would you use a stack, queue, array
Viewing 1 - 10 of 689 Interviews