Turnitin Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Turnitin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turnitin in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview process was fast and efficient. The interviewers were all very kind and personable. Process included contact from a recruiter, zoom call w/ hiring manager, zoom call w/ members of the sales team, and a final interview w/ the RVP.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself Q: Why do you want to work at Turnitin?
    Answer Question

Turnitin

Application

I interviewed at Turnitin

Interview

Filled in an application form and sent in my resume. You automatically receive an e-mail that they will get back to you as soon as possible. It’s been over a 30 days, never heard back from them. The position is still online though.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turnitin (Ciudad de Mexico) in Aug 2021

Interview

I applied via Linkedin, the Talen Adquisition manager confirmed a call of 30 minutes. At the call via whatsapp I answered the questions and while I was making a question the call was cutted off, I called back and he never took my call again. The person who called me never contacted me to say if we could re take the conversation later. I sent email asking him if I made something wrong... I never received an answer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Process consisted of a telephone briefing prior to 3 interviews. Each interview consisted of very similar, repeated questions. Seemed to be lack of comms between interviewers. Was told by hiring manager they were very likely to offer me the role by the next week at the latest, and then after waiting for 2 weeks I received an auto response email to explain they went with other candidates. The team were friendly but I feel the manager shared too much on her personal thought process with me and this was very misleading. I wasted almost 4 weeks in total from first contact and final rejection email. Feedback was offered on the email but I then had to chase them for this as 3 separate members of HR were unresponsive from previous follow up emails, despite being very quick when it came to organising interviews with me. The feedback overall consisted of 0 actual constructive feedback and just reiterated that they enjoyed meeting me, loved my skills and that "being organised was very clear" (this is because I was asked 3 times how organised I was by seperate interviewers). It is a real shame as individually the interviewers were lovely and the role seemed very interesting but was left feeling very perplexed with this experience. It should not be considered normal to openly tell a candidate they are the strongest of the bunch and that they will most likely be offered the role to then later reject them via auto email. This has by far been the most disappointing moment of my entire job search due to how it was handled.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

One of the best interview processes I've had the team was very friendly and had a very welcoming atmosphere. Started with applying online, got an invitation for an initial 45-minute video interview with the head of the team, then got a take-home coding challenge after, then a final panel round interview with the team consisting of 5 people.

Interview Questions
  • Past experiences, projects, school, basic behavioral questions

Turnitin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turnitin in Mar 2021

Interview

CV and cover letter application , initial assessment, phone interview, final interview mostly behavior based. Not really hard but unclear and very long process. Not a great experience overall and time wasted

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin (Leeds, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Very good, great structure and very professional. They went through everything regarding the role in advance to ensure there were no hidden details when half way through the interview. Fingers crossed

Interview Questions
  • To describe how I have found the pandemic has changed my working environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin (Monterrey, Nuevo León) in Mar 2020

Interview

I was first contacted by a talent acquisition specialist for a quick screening, she then scheduled me for a video interview with a Team lead (who I would be reporting to), then they scheduled me for an on site interview with a Sales Country Manager who basically told me that my position wouldn't fall under his supervision at all, we had a brief polite chat and he talked to me about the company on a very high level as our areas didn't directly cross from what I understood, then they proceeded to schedule me for an interview with the Marketing Director, I felt that out conversation had gone pretty well, I always tried going the extra mile to acommodate my schedule to fit the interviews as soon as I could to help expedite the process. After my interview with the Marketing director, they asked me to also have a video interview with the Regional VP. It almost felt like I met with the whole region's management and they all made me feel warm and with a positive outcome from our interviews. About a week later I received an automated email indicating they had decided to not choose me for the position and that I could receive feedback if I wished to. I replied and asked for pointers for my future opportunities and I never heard back from them. It feels like the process is too long and that you go through way too many filters to come up with a decision. I had never been interviewed by 5 different people before. Not very happy with all the time invested for them to not even be able to spare 5 minutes to send an email with feedback. Unfortunate as I believe the company sounds like an exciting place to work, recruiting process is just too tedious.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is the biggest challenge to position Turnitin solutions?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Jan 2020

Interview

It's organized, and they're punctual, but there are issues with informing the salary they can pay. Starts with a phone (really phone, not videoconference) interview for shortlisted candidates. Then, the approved ones move on to an online interview. Iasked twice about salary, but both HR employees told me they didn't know anything about that. They asked for my salary expectation, though. Another good side is that they offer feedback in case you're reproved, which is unusual in the majority of the selection processes.

Interview Questions
  • Average interview questions such as about my previous experience.
  • They also ask about your education background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in Dec 2019

Interview

Multiple stages. Phone call with acquistion advisor to discuss role and keys skills. Zoom interview with hiring manager in America. Face to Face interview with Financial Director followed by more informal interview with three members who would be on the same team. Then a futher zoom interview with 3 of the US team including finance director in US.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews