Turnitin Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Turnitin

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone interview then video conference then onsite with four members of the team. The onsite was divided into two parts, two with the managers and two with team members.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Initial talk with HR; Phone screen with potential manager to discuss qualifications and fit; half-day in-person interview with 7 people (potential colleagues, managers, QA engineers, VP of engineering); take-home coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself; Experience and projects; Behavioral questions on working with QA team; write a program to draw a hierarchical tree of running processes.   Answer Question

Not Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin.

Interview

All interviews done via phone or videoconference. First step was a prescreen by the recruiter. Then a one on one phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a day of videoconferences with the interview team (5 people total), most of which were one on one. Process took 2 weeks end to end.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism and feedback of your work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin in October 2018.

Interview

An email setting up a phone call. The phone call went well, and the HR person said she wanted me to talk to the hiring manager and would set that up. Then... nothing for a couple weeks until I received a form email saying the position had been filled. Feels pretty shoddy, but I was overqualified and usually make more than this position was offering.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give me your history in this line of work.   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you do when what you're writing isn't flowing/working?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

In contrast to my experience with several preceding companies, my interview adventure with Turnitin was quite refreshing! It was a great pleasure dealing with friendliness and professionalism while everything was handled quickly and professionally.

Soon after my application, I had an initial screening conversation and, very quickly, an initial phone conversation with my prospective team leader. I was invited to visit the home office in Oakland within a very fews days. They hosted me for three hours during which time I met with two team leaders, two QA engineers, two senior developers and a VP of Engineering. To a person, they were friendly, helpful, answered my questions forthrightly and asked pertinent and innovative questions of me. As I left, I was told I'd be contacted the next day with a decision -- which I was! No keeping me waiting for weeks or sending a simple rejection email.

I was very impressed with the recruiting personnel who coordinated the entire process and the engineering individuals I met.

Interview Questions

• I've never been asked this before: "What one thing in your past are you NOT particularly proud of?"   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Get in touch with Recruiter and She Schedule my Direct Onsite Interview.
    On the Day of On-Site Interview first 30 min was With Hiring Manager
    Other 1 hour Interviw with two Senior QA Person ; It was Coding Challenge and API Testing Related Question.
    Coding Qus was such dumb and make no sense (it was like Add Numbers which are in Random place in String.
    Other 1 hour was with Two QA Person mostly Culture related and QA though process.
    Two hour after Onsite Hiring Manage contacted me over the Text and told She want to move forward and Discussed Expected Salary.
    After 1 hour she Told me Email me the Coding problem which was asked by Senior QA Person
    I email it very Next Day
    Recruited Told me They want to do 1 hour video interview mostly focus on Coding part which I gave after a week.
    Again Recruiter told me they are still not clear and want to take 1 hour more Video interview and I gave it Also( it was mostly QA methodology and thought process related qus)
    I got Rejected a few Days Later.

Such a Worst Interview Process .. Be careful before wasting your time here.

Senior HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was long, but well communicated. First two rounds were with recruiting over the phone, then an in person with 3 HR professionals and I returned twice for meetings with the leadership team. After being in constant communication with them for about a month, I never heard a thing after my final in person interview. Totally fine to not get a job, but not closing the loop isn't acceptable. It's been a month and no word either way from recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my background and experience. Given the sheer number of interviewers (9 total) it would have been more effective to have some sort of case based questions with scenarios. A good debrief would have likely been more effective.   Answer Question

Turnitin Response

12 Sep 2017 – SVP People

I am sincerely sorry for your experience, and very much appreciate your feedback. We will work hard to ensure all candidates receive feedback and have an understanding of where they stand. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened in this situation.

Customer Support Specialist - French Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at Turnitin for a Customer Support Specialist French position about a month and a half ago. I received an email about a week after submitting my application online to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter in the UK. The day of my scheduled interview early in the morning, the recruiter did not call and I waited for a few hours until I finally sent him an email to ask if the interview was still on. Then, a very nice recruiter in Chicago contacted me to say she would take over the interview process for this position and we were able to reschedule the interview for the following day. Overall positive experience over the phone with her. The phone interview was about 15 minutes. It was pretty straightforward and I was under the impression things went pretty well. She told me that a hiring manager in Oakland would be in touch to schedule an in person interview shortly. After that I did not hear back for about 3 weeks until someone reached out to tell me they had chosen to go with another candidate. Although Turnitin seems like a great place to work, I feel like the communication throughout the hiring process could definitely be improved.

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turnitin (Oakland, CA (US)).

Interview

I had the phone interview with a recruiter and then had a person interview a week later. After the in-person, I was contacted by the recruiter that I will be having a second one and had the second one a week and a half later.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turnitin.

Interview

Terrible. Took months and was a complete waste of time. They will make you sit and have all these phone interviews by phone and they won't even send you a letter saying Thank you for applying. This company treats interviewees like if they are nothing and they will sit and waste your time. Don't apply for them, if thats how they treat the interview process think about how they treat their workers. They asked too many personal questions that dont matter.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.