UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at UMB Financial Corporation

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

Applying online was a little complicated, as the online platform seems outdated and clunky.
    Got an email back to schedule a phone interview with a day. The phone interview was quick and easy and I got along with the lady great! Scheduled a in person interview at a local branch that was quick but in depth about work history and desires to come onboard. Heard back about an offer extended with in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you dealt with a difficult customer? was it resolved satisfactorily?   Answer Question

UMB Financial Corporation Response

18 May 2020 – UMB Company Representative

Thanks for sharing about your experience and welcome to UMB! Congratulations on your new role. We're glad the process moved quickly for you and that you felt this was a great fit. If you have any suggestions about the application process, we'd love to hear from you at TalentAcquisition@umb.com.

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

This process to get hired is a challenge when the recruiter first sends you a calendar meeting event and when you agree on a date decides to cancel it on the day of... I should have known that was a sign that I was not really dealing with professionals. I had a hard time to just to schedule a phone interview. Numerous email responses back and forth just to schedule a phone interview is absurd. The call was really 95% me and you can guess the rest. I honestly did not have a good experience from this process and am kind of glad I did not continue to the face to face interview. I feel that I was overqualified and the salary I asked for they were not able to meet. I only state that since that was her last question, she was anxious to ask was the salary. I guess that having only 3 branches in the DFW area means very little potential for qualified individuals to get hired with UMB. I hope UMB reads this so that they can hire qualified recruiters so that future talent does get overlooked like I did.

Interview Questions

• The "basic" questions. Tell me about yourself?, What did you do with the previous bank? etc...   Answer Question

Communi Interview

Interview

It was a prelim phone interview. They had to reschedule and were late when we finally connected. The interviewer sounded like it was just a formality. I think they only kept it because it was scheduled. I have a feeling they already decided on someone else.

Interview Questions

UMB Financial Corporation Response

11 Mar 2019 – UMB Company Representative

We're sorry to hear that this was your experience. It's important to us that we respect every candidate's time and qualifications, meaning each interview should be valuable to both you and hiring team. If you'd like to provide additional feedback, please reach out to TalentAcquisition@umb.com.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen - typical tell me about your background and salary expectations.

Process: Phone Screen>Panel Interview>Final Interview with Dept Director

In-Person Interview -

First impression when i entered building was of an old and unkempt building.

While in waiting room, receptionist barely even acknowledge my presence.

New hire group was being briefed in the lobby of the reception area and i could overhear how unprofessional current employees were with new hires. At one point, a new hire was told "your manager doesn't want to come down here to greet you so if you want you can walk up to his desk..."

During Interview - Hiring Manager and Direct Report (2 person panel interview)

Hiring Manager - Personable and Professional
    Direct Report - Moody, looked annoyed and bother to be there

** At one point hiring manager left room and direct report started talking about her role and responsibilities. I was shocked by the way she talked about her client groups calling them "dysfunctional family" specifically her non-exempt employees.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself and who you are?

2. Tell me about your background and skills?

3. Give me examples of tough conversations, experiences, etc?   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Met with someone from HR at a starbucks near my previous employer. Felt like just talking to one of my friends. The next day the hiring manager called me and asked a few normal interview questions. Was offered the position a month later.

Personal Banker[ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Lawrence, KS (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

There was a recruiter phone interview. Then a week later the bank manager called back to say they wanted an in-person interview. They let me know the results 3 days later, when they had said they would.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to get to know me personally. My family, hobbies, interests, were all of interest to them. That was done before the job questions. They were exceptionally nice, engaging and professional. They were excited about their jobs, and wanted the new employee to be also.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

First was a phone interview, the recruiter was 20 minutes late, I thought ok, things happen and we moved ahead to the in person interview for the next week. When I arrived at the branch, nobody knew I was coming. The person interviewing me was on PTO and i had to wait an additional 45 minutes for her to get there. After that I never heard from them again, complete silence.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a position that included sales goals?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

phone interview then in-person interview two weeks later. met with two managers during interview, one was extremely friendly and personable while the other was a bit more cold and reserved.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Keep in mind the Personal Bankers here are Tellers with extra responsibilities. Had a phone interview with In person scheduled a few days later. Interviewed with Branch Manager and another manager. Played phone tag with HR for a few days after they contacted me. Was assuming I had job because they would not share any information via voicemail. When I finally got a hold of them they said I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What does your specialized skill set bring to the position?   Answer Question

Emerging Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

After applying online, human resources reached out via email for a phone interview. The interview was scheduled within 24 hours for 2 days later. The interview is very straight forward with basic behavioral questions. Then they will ask for you to go into the office Downtown to meet with the Managers. They get more particular, but it was not a hard interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation involving a past co-worker.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.