USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

USAA Interview Questions

Interviews at USAA

1,109 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received an email to take an assessment test that lasts about 1 hour. Once finished, received another email from a recruiter wanting to setup a time for a phone interview. The interview was the recruiter asking about background, going through your resume and then asked a few questions about experience. Look into STAR model of interview questions and it will help you prepare beforehand.

If you pass the phone interview, the recruiter will setup a time for an in-person/skype/phone interview with two hiring managers. The managers I interviewed with were very nice and knew a lot about the company as well as what they wanted out of a candidate. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and they asked two STAR model questions, Why USAA? and then a role play session. It sounds intimidating but the role play is very helpful for you and the managers in how you handle a situation as well as adapt to selling a product based on the info given and what you get out of the customer.

Interview Questions

• Why USAA?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time that you had to persuade someone into buying your product and earn your trust?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online about 30 days ago and was sent the assessment 2 days after applying. The assessment was pretty basic questions and was timed for 8 minutes. There is no possible way to finish the assessment in 8 minutes so think it was to judge how many questions you could get through within that time frame. About a week later I received an email stating I had made it to the next step of a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview was very easy mostly the recruiter explaining the job, pay and benefits. She asked me a couple questions about myself and my resume. She did ask me a couple of STAR model questions as well. Pretty basic interview questions. At the end of the phone interview she stated she wanted to move me forward and schedule a phone interview with the hiring managers. I was called a few days later to set up a time about a week later. I had the 2nd interview today and like most stated there are two people on the line, one to take notes, and the other does the interviewing. Interviewer was easy to speak to and asked more pretty standard STAR questions. She also went in depth about what promotions look like and daily life in this specific role. At the end they have you do a role play to see how you adept to up selling a product. Feedback is given at the end of the role play in regard to how you did. She stated i should hear back in about a week. Overall great experience. I will update again if offer comes through. 🤞🏻

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The interview process was not too challenging, they definitely want to test your basic background in programming knowledge. I wasn't as prepared as I liked but the interviewers were friendly and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Create an process that goes through an array and reorders items within the array using pseudo-code.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO (US)).

Interview

Applied to position then a week later was sent an assessment test. About 2-3 weeks later received a call stating I passed the test and was scheduled for a phone interview with recruiter where I was told more about the company and position and asked a few questions. About a week later I was contacted again and informed that hiring manager wanted to move me forward in the process and was set up for another phone interview with two hiring managers a week later which is still pending at this time.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of a time when you had to sway a person or customer in your favor with regards to customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

It’s tough, but we’ll worth the effort. Be candid and understand that the company is looking for the right fit based on company mission. Do not be lazy when submitting cover letter, resume or following up. The details matter.

Interview Questions

• An intelligence test was administered. I found this surprising.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Very easy interview process with recruiter first, then about a week or two later you interview with two managers. The second interview involves role play. Not too difficult. Just prepare with normal interview questions.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO (US)).

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, a couple of weeks later had phone interview with claims manager. About a week later was selected to move forward to submit background check and drug test. Once background and stuff screen results came back, was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online in mid February and received the assessment about a week later. The assessment is kind of difficult and it was timed. I was contacted in early March by a recruiter and she scheduled an interview with a hiring manager the following week. I got a call about a week after the interview with a job offer which I accepted. However, I got an additional call a couple of days later and got offered a job with a little more pay but essentially the same role and hours - new member solutions specialist. I took my drug test and my background check and was cleared within a week. I am expected to start next week (late April). All in all, the process took about 2 months but the recruiters have been amazing and very helpful throughout this whole process.

The hiring manager interview was over the computer. Two people were on the line.. I believe HR was there to take notes! The interview was supposed to be 45 min long and mine was about 25-30 min. Questions were fair with a role play at the end. Be prepared to ask questions as well at the end. I did not get a chance to do a face to face interview because coronavirus had just started in my city and shut down home office.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Met with University Recruiters was impressed by the information session, was told to apply online and to expect a letter or a call to schedule an interview. Was in contact with the recruiter to make sure that I got the letter. First find out that name got spelt wrong, have to resubmit. Then 30 days after my application process proceeds I get an automated email from workday saying my application was withdrawn for being incomplete. During the interview process and there is no contact information or way to follow up or reapply. Was extremely interested in the job, although I was already aware of the low pay was excited for the work enviroment but after this experience I will be sure to steer as far away from USAA's incompetence as possible.

Interview Questions

• Prior programming experience, work history, mostly behavioral questions.   1 Answer

IT College Hire Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I applied online. About 2 later, I received an email for an invitation to have an interview for the following days because they were in town for the college career fair.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of tasks, each employee will be assigned to a task, return the tasks that are not assigned to any of the employees.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.