Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated 7 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Ulta Beauty

2.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 1489 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Savannah, GA) in May 2021

Interview

Interview was very relaxed and held in the back of the store. I expected it to be a little more formal, but that was okay! It felt like I was just having a conversation with a friend as they were getting to know more about my work experience. Easy questions, nothing hard hitting at all. I only went through one interview before I received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • A few questions included past retail work experience and the tasks I had, how I have handled theft, if I was comfortable following planograms, if I would be available to come in early Sundays, how I manage in group/collaborative settings, and a few other very simple things.
    Answer Question
Ulta Beauty
Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 interviews. An initial phone interview with one of the human resource specialists followed by an in person interview with all the senior operations managers.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge at work.
Ulta Beauty
Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Interview was easy. Staff were friendly. They asked me questions on my experience in retail and working with others. There were a few situational questions, but overall the interview was easy

Interview Questions
Ulta Beauty
Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Was pretty easy since ive been there like 4yrs they knew i would be a good fit. Asked about why i wanted yo move up and how i would improve our store.

Interview Questions
  • What are your future goals in this position
Ulta Beauty
Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

it was easy not hard and good i am just doing this because i have to write down some stuff so it was nice and easy i liked it i guess yeah it be like that

Ulta Beauty
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

It was a very relaxed and conversational interview in which I discussed previous positions including retail experience. Questions also centered on customer service, the challenges of loss prevention with courtesy, and attention to detail. The manager also outlined some of the responsibilities as well as the dress code. It was personable and welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my most challenging customer service experience and how I handled it.
Ulta Beauty
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. The store manager first called me and asked me a few questions such as “Why do you want to work for Ulta?” and “What experience do you have giving great customer service?”. After that she invited me for an in person interview a few days later. The interview was with one other candidate. The questions were like any other customer service based job. (Tell me about yourself, name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer/coworker and how did you handle it, three of your best strengths and how those will help you working at ULTA etc. Overall the interview was simple and easy. Nothing to stress about! Make sure you have your hair and makeup done and you should do just fine!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult coworker
Ulta Beauty
Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Called by a manager to set up group interview. Super quick and easy interview. They asked about past experience and what drew us to Ulta. Asked for a few examples of your customer service experience

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer
Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Frederick, MD)

Interview

It was very laid back and chill. I was taken back into the managers office, which wasn't really the nicest. We were laughing about stuff the whole time, she was really just trying to get to know me and my personality.

Interview Questions
Ulta Beauty
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty

Interview

Phone interview conducted with general manager. Thorough questions were asks such as why I felt I qualified for the job and what diversity and leadership opportunities I had experienced in previous jobs.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,489 Interviews

Popular Careers with Ulta Beauty Job Seekers