United Way Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

United Way Interview Questions

Interviews at United Way

2.6

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United Way (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

Because of COVID it was through zoom. It went really good and it was easy to talk to the person. Very kind and makes you feel comfortable. It's a great place to get involved and learn.

Interview Questions

• How would your involvement help the community?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way in November 2020.

Interview

A week after applying, I was emailed asking if I could set up a Zoom interview. It wasn’t a bad interview, but I felt that the interviewer could have been more professional. The interviewer showed up to the Zoom a few minutes late, very disheveled. The questions were laid back, although it felt like they were coming off the top of the interviewer’s head. In the end, the interviewer took no time to email me back about whether they denied or accepted me, so ultimately I chose to accept a different internship.
    Another note: I do wish these internships were paid, but it’s no surprise that a non-profit can use the social values tied to their interns as a way to excuse a lack of pay.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview due to the pandemic where I was asked about my prior work expereince and why I wanted this position and what I hoped to learn from it.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

This was a Zoom phone interview. The interview itself was a little bit awkward. I felt like it was more a Q&A than a fluid discussion- which is what I think a good job interview should be.

Corporate Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward with 2 rounds of online video interviews. The first was a group interview with the team and the second was an interview with the director. Both were around 45-60 minutes.

Public Policy and Advocacy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

The interview went fine, it was a little more casual than I expected. It was a little awkward because it was online due to COVID-19, but that is not the fault of interviewer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experiences with policy work and GOTV efforts.   Answer Question

Change Network Facilitator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

Group interview with three program staff and one HR person. Each staff person took a turn asking me a question from their list of questions. In the end, I didn't get a lot of feedback on how well they thought I did in the interview. But I was told that this was a first round interview and that if chosen to go on to the second round, then I would interview with the Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what United Way's Mission Statement is in your own words and how you would explain it to other people.   1 Answer

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Interview

3 interviews. 4 staff on last interview for 1 hour. Zoom interview on COVID. Interviewers were too far from camera and difficult to hear at times. Nice people, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Past history, Poor question on what I thought the job entails vice them telling me.   Answer Question

Loaned Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

Brief phone call to schedule an in person interview, then the in-person interview was held by a relationship manager who asked a few questions and interview lasted for about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume
      What do you know about United Way?   Answer Question

Influencer Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way in June 2020.

Interview

I applied over the weekend and got an email Monday morning to set up an interview. I had a half hour interview on Zoom the next day with the director of the department.

Here's my issue. I was specifically told that I would find out if I didn't get an offer for the position. However, after following up with the person I interviewed with twice, I still have been ghosted by the company. It is very unprofessional to leave a candidate hanging after they have taken the time to fill out an application, prepare for an interview, and interview. It takes thirty seconds to send an email saying "Unfortunately, we decided to proceed with another candidate but appreciate you taking the time to speak with us and wish you the best." I greatly admire the work that United Way does, but based on this experience, I wouldn't apply to work there again. By ghosting me after my interview, it tells me that they do not value my time or have any respect for their candidates by not letting them know they were rejected.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.