Universal Logistics Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Universal Logistics Holdings Interview Questions

Interviews at Universal Logistics Holdings

2.4

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Fort Wayne, IN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process started out with a recruiter reaching out to me and gathering information. Which then lead to them contacting the local facility to schedule a one on one interview. They were very precise about paperwork, questions, and what to provide upon interview. Overall it was the basic recruiter to site process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Interviewed with HR over the phone, then the warehouse manager in person, and then another phone interview with someone higher in the chain. Straightforward hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to handle a problem with your subordinate.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Smyrna, TN (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

It only last 5mins. You have to take a test on a tow motor controls. They dont ask the normal interview questions. They will ask have you driven a reach truck.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings.

Interview

Had been contacted about two opportunities at Universal. One fell through and they came back to me on the second one asking if I was still interested. I interviewed two weeks later on a Friday, was extended an offer by Monday afternoon. Relatively fast and painless process.

Interview Questions

• What kind of challenges have you encountered in your previous job that you successfully navigated.   Answer Question

Materials Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings.

Interview

Went into interview not knowing what job it was for. It was a group interview in which we filled out a lot of paperwork, took a drug test, and then got interviewed separately. Never properly explained the job so I didn't know I'd be working in a tiny office with lots of truckers.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Smyrna, TN (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Originally it was a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. Then I interviewed in person with the GM. After a second phone interview I was told a decision would be made in a week. I was emailed a former offer a week later and accepted.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Warren, MI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

They have a few parts to their interview. First a phone screen, which is pretty typical and appreciated so I don't have to travel out there. Then you interview with 2 or 3 managers. I didn't get a chance to interview with one of them so had to come back for another interview with that manager. Then you have an interview with HR, which mostly seemed like they were testing your personality and the way you carried yourself. They took a lot of notes in the HR interview. At the HR interview, I also had a couple tests I needed to do that were just written open ended. These were questions like: Explain a time you had a leadership role etc. I was given these to do at home, but didn't have the time until then. Next, I had a Javascript test and a personailty test. The Javascript test would allow me to take it for up to an hour and a half (90 minutes), but you had 3 minutes per question. It had some C# in there, but mostly Javascript. It definitely had some advanced concepts so come prepared. It is also open book, but do your searches quickly if needed. The personality test was more like finding out if you are consistent with your answers in my mind. Basically, it asks how you think others view you vs how you view yourself. All in all a very long and thorough process that amazingly enough was wrapped up pretty quickly. They pick and extend offers rather fast, which is very appreciated.

Interview Questions

• They mostly just wanted to get to know me. To be honest, They just wanted to know a bit of my background and different technologies I've worked with and what I did with it. They didn't really ask anything such as how would I tackle certain problems. I kind of felt like I had to lead these types of questions out of them or point to my experience on things based on what the tech they were using, which is pretty varied.   1 Answer

I heard on glass door and from other recruiters that they work people a lot of hours. I asked this question explicitly and they said it was around 40 hours per week. When I got my offer and pushed on this a little further they mentioned the salary was based on a 45 hour work week. Knowing the tech field this meant even more hours more frequently in my book. Plus, they had weekly rotations with production support so that is almost a guarantee of quite a bit of long hour frequency. This is just my opinion of course. This just wasn't for me, which is a shame, because they seemed nice enough and I really liked the opportunity to work with Java and C#

Material Liaison Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings in January 2017.

Interview

There was an application with writing portion, initial phone screening, and then a more in depth phone interview. The application included a brief personal traits assessment as well as three timed response written questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult situation as a manager before?   Answer Question

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Arlington, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

fill out an application in person or on a job board then they will call to come in speak with hiring manager then do a personality test a math test . Drug test and background test then your hired.

Interview Questions

• do you have any forklift experience   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Logistics Holdings (Detroit, MI (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It is incredibly strait forward. Softball questions that are extremely easy to answer. You need to lear how to fend for yourself. It makes it a little harder to understand but ill keep it coming.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to lead a group of peaple.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.