VFS Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

VFS Global Interview Questions

Interviews at VFS Global

2.5

Submission Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VFS Global (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

easy, behavioral questions- my interview was done via skype.i was interviewed by an operation manager. it's very not complicated not need for preparation. a child can do it. just a little preparation

Interview Questions

VFS Global Response

14 Aug 2019 – Corporate Communications

We are very happy to hear about your experience as part of the job interview you had at Boston. It is great to read all the feedback you had shared about your interview. Thank you once again.

HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at VFS Global (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

engaging, competence based discussions …..It was done in a very professional manner with three senior level leaders interviewing and setting the context of the position. Win :win format . Very professional ….overall great experience .

Interview Questions

VFS Global Response

27 Nov 2019 – Corporate Communications

We are very happy to hear about your experience as part of the job interview you had with us. It is great to read all the feedback you had shared about your interview. Thank you once again.

Visa Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VFS Global (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied on Jan. 15. In mid-February received a call from HR (without any notice or schedule, out of the blue), then it was followed by unscheduled call from the supervisor.
    Later, they conducted a background check. 2 weeks later, they've said that the senior management person will be in the office and we have to come on this date and this time at the office.
    At the face-to-face interview, HR said that all of us would receive an offer by the end of the week. However, a week passed and no offer and no feedback from HR (asked for a feedback and no one replied).
    During the interview, one of the ladies said to me that they are "hiring people from the streets" (it's an idiom from another language mostly meaning that they are hiring people without any experience or education), which I found a bit rude saying to a potential candidate, even if you are not planning to hire him/her.

Applied in Washington DC.

Customer Service and Enrollment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VFS Global (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

They responded to my application and set up a time for a phone interview which was just a script of terrible behavioral questions. Then the in person interview was more terrible behavioral questions. The interviewer brought someone else along "only to type my responses." It's obvious these people don't make the hiring decisions, they are only pawns. The answers go to someone else, who then evaluates them, which totally defeats the purpose of an in-person interview. It's honestly ridiculous. The interviewer actually told me he is not allowed to ask any questions other than the script he is given.

I interviewed on a Wednesday, then sent a follow-up email as a thank you. I was told they would know if I had gotten the position by the end of the week. As you might have expected, they did not let me know. So Monday I called and "oh yeah someone else was chosen." How professional. Honestly, this is exactly what I expected from this place. It's a joke. And so is Trevon and Lourdes. And they don't even do background checks. Terrible excuse for a company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a challenge at work at overcame it. (Or something like that, honestly it was so lame I try not to remember it.   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Great, all was smooth and good ...looking forward to joining it and having good learning exposure..the panel was good and told lot of things..i hope its a great experience and everything is amazing..

Interview Questions

VFS Global Response

6 Jan 2020 – Corporate Communications

Marketing Interview

Interview

Two phone calls with a few different team leads. I never heard back from the HR rep after spending 2 hours of my time with the company. I found that incredibly rude and telling in how poorly managed the company must be.

Interview Questions

VFS Global Response

4 Nov 2019 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for sharing your experience with VFS Global as part of the job interview you had attended.

We would appreciate if you could email the issues your have raised to communications@vfsglobal.com to share with the relevant team

HR-Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VFS Global (Mumbai) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was good.All question were practical based.I was able to understand and reciprocate the expected solution.There were 2 rounds by the department managers.The interviewer was calm and polite.The interview was very short and precise.

Interview Questions

• The Questions were bit practical and it was relating to our day to day work life balance   Answer Question

Document Submission Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VFS Global (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Horrible experience and a total waste of time. Applied for the job and was contacted back almost straight away with an interview invitation. On the day, waited to be interviewed for almost 30mins which I found quite unprofessional, however the lady that was interviewing me seemed nice and I got really nice energy from her. During the interview the HR department was experiencing a lot of problems trying to set-up their interviewing software that was refusing to work, the other person was late and the whole experience just seemed like a total waste of time. When the interview finally started I realised that I was being interviewed for a completely different (and lower rank) position from what I had applied for, realising that the HR department made a mistake and invited me for an interview for the wrong position. Instead of just saying a casual sorry and moving on, no, the people started almost interrogating me wondering why I didn't want an entry level job. I kept it cool and professional. However, they asked me to wait for about 2 hours to wait to be interviewed by the right person for the position that I actually wanted and applied for. The interview was quick, but I wouldn't call it an interview to be quite frank as the other side didn't really show any interest in my candidacy, it all felt highly uncomfortable and very unprepared from their side. Despite that, on numerous times I was asked if I could start in two days time, we discussed salary and other details, so I was given a green light and told that the HR would contact me back the following day to arrange the paper work so I could start in 2-3 days. The end of story, no-one ever even bothered contacting me back and it has been over 2 months ago. Just shows the level of unprofessionalism of the company. Wouldn't bother applying to them in future.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions regarding previous experience, why you applied for the role, nothing much. There was also a small typing test.   Answer Question

4 Nov 2019 – Corporate Communications

Interview

The Interview process was smooth , but it is difficult to crack. Will judge on your communication skills, personality . Will ask about the profile your managing. There are 2 levels of interview. Mostly all cleared on the same day

Interview Questions

• What are the implementation or process improvement you have made in the process
      How many years of experience do you have . What are the challenges faced in your current role.   Answer Question

14 Aug 2019 – Corporate Communications

Document Submission Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VFS Global (London, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a 1:2 interview. I would say it was the most positive and honest interview I've had in my life and I'm really thankful for that! Turned out, I was overqualified for this position.

Interview Questions

VFS Global Response

11 Jun 2019 – Corporate Communications

We are very happy to hear about your recent experience with VFS Global as part of the job interview you had at London.

It is great hear your feedback.

Thank you and wish you all the best!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.