Vesuvius Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Vesuvius Interview Questions

Interviews at Vesuvius

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Champaign, IL (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview prices was sound when dealing with the actual hiring manager. The HR rep was not very professional

Negotiation

I'd rather not say. This is where the HR rep was not very professional.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Great experience since I got into the building. Welcoming and friendly staff and colleagues. I had to stay focused for oved 7 hours of intense interviews I was almost dead when I reached the last one. But I enjoyed every bit of it.

Interview Questions

• Typical conflict resolution questions and lots of technical questions   Answer Question

Food Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Columbus, OH (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a short interview with a manager and then another short interview with another manager. Pretty standard stuff. Pretty standard stuff indeed. Mostly making sure I was enthusiastic about the opportunity and likely able to do the work. Then I shadowed some people. It was all good. The overall experience of this interview was all good. I was not sweating anything too much. Just some solid conversations. Chopping it up. Basically, they were just trying to get an idea that I would show up on time and do reasonable work. Yeah, that is pretty much it.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vesuvius.

Interview

It was very casual. I gave a technical presentation of the project I was previous taking. Then, there were one-on-one interviews with about eight managers and senior engineers. On my way back to hotel, I got a call to set up a further interview with two VPs.

Interview Questions

• 50% technical questions related to the presentation I made and 50% behavior questions that one can find online.   Answer Question

Mechanical Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Heights, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Chicago Heights, IL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process is not as difficult as you thought. You will be assigned on one task and asked to be finished in one week. Then they would test the result to determine whether or not to hire you.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to finished one task. I got the one I needed to make a drawings for the existing mold in one week.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate any salary. That is the weak point.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Champaign, IL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an email requesting interview a few days after I handed my resume to them at the career fair. I was then called over to their Champaign office and sat down with managers and talked about my experience.

Went over my resume and they asked technical questions regarding my work experience. They were very calm and easy going and nothing was too difficult. I had to decline the offer due to prior commitment to another position before I heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What material do you think is best for this application? (we were talking about a part in my resume)   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Champaign, IL (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Expect an all day process. You will meet with everyone in the department, in some cases, individually. Expect a variety of the standard questions, nothing intrusive or out of line. Quite standard in the their interviewing process. Depending on the job, you may be expected to perform a skills test. If hired expect a physical and drug test, back ground check, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Everything in life is negotiable

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vesuvius.

Interview

Very Brief. The Position Described and the Details Per the Job were Intentionally Misled During the Interview. Every Description was a Lie. Of Course this would not have been found out until the Position was Started.

Interview Questions

• The Questions were Only to Verify what was on my Resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to Negotiate but they Made it Quick and Led me to Believe I could not Negotiate any Further. I also had to go back 2x to get what was negotiated, they Claimed they had forgotten. Negotiate as high as you feel is possible, they have plenty to give and they start very low hoping you will be happy to just have a job so that you will take what they initially offer. But after you Start Working you Realize you are doing much more work than you are being paid for and there is no Performance Raises, Everyone gets the same raise across the Board. So no matter how hard you work you will get the same raise as the guy who does Nothing...

Global IT Security Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

Vesuvius was an outstanding company to work for. The folks that I interviewed with were very professional and they certainly assesses my technical competencies thoroughly. I first interviewed face-to-face with the Senior Network Engineer and the Data Center Manager. Both the engineer asked me very granular technical questions based on my background and skill in the IT Security arena. The second face to face interview was with the HR manager and the CIO. Both interviews were very challenging and I felt that the overall interviewing process was impressive.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the intricacies of the MPLS protocol and what mechanisms you would use to secure this protcol?   Answer Question

Internal Refer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vesuvius (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

give a lecture on research topic, and meet with senior research engineers, and visit the lab, talk and wrap up with the managers at the last. The first interview is more about technical details, and the second is more about your learning potentials, and personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the offer is fair, but lower than the average.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.