Vice Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Vice Media

2.5

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I was sent to their offices in Williamsburg for an in person interview without a phone screen. I met with the VP of Technology as well as two developers. The interview was for a backend PHP role, but they wanted to know about any front-end skills I might have as well.

The office was large and populated mostly with casually dressed young people. Everyone was quite friendly and seemed happy to speak with me. The interview took place in a conference room. I had a hard stop after an hour due to time constraints of my own. I was asked about my background and then handed a laptop that was connected to the room's projector. I had to write PHP functions to perform tasks like determining if a word started with an uppercase character without using the ctype_upper() function.

The interview questions were easy and completely solvable. I was allowed to use Google or other Internet resources when needed, however, they watch the entire process so they know when you are looking for additional resrouces.

Interview Questions

• Sort a array of objects based on one of the properties of the array.   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Questions were directed about my previous experience, how I worked, my best and worst traits etc. They asked about my other employers, where I went to school, why I wanted to work there and what my long term goals were. They also asked a few random questions, to keep me on my toes or just find out what kind of person I am.

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities as an employee?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked me to submit ideas before confirming an offer of employment. They said it was part of the interview process, which was surprising as producers and associate producers are paid for their ideas. I did a minimum amount of research and submitted to them, but did not want to submit ideas I was not getting paid for.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about researching for this project?   1 Answer

Journalist Interview

Interview

Through a friend employed there. My friend works in a different department, but felt it would be a good fit for me. It was an informal interview with an editor. I had no experience, or even a journalistic background..

Interview Questions

• Generic questions to which I gave generic polished answers. They asked me to name some of their own journalists . I can't recall the rest. It wasn't very memorable, pretty mundane.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

After emailing with the managing editor, I completed an assessment/edit test and 5 questions like, "how would you improve i-D's social strategy?". The assessment took at least 5 hours. Once submitting, the editor said she would respond with next steps once she looked over my test. She never responded to my follow up emails over the next 3 weeks. She ghosted me.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I first received a brief initial interview with the recruiter, who asked the typical interview questions and was friendly. This was followed by three more in-person interviews at the Vice offices in Dumbo. I never received so much as a rejection back after the four interviews I went through. Even after I reached out to the recruiter they never responded. Overall, very unprofessional to have someone interview four times without so much as a rejection email or response of any kind.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at Vice's Brooklyn office after being referred by a friend who works there.
    Person who interviewed me was from a different department and did not seem too interested in asking me questions. Instead she kept asking me if I had any questions for her and seemed unprepared to interview me...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vice Media (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Really easy. Met with manager I would work for and someone from another department (forget which, never met him again). Asked pretty easy questions about my education and a prior internship with relevant experience. Took about twenty minutes total, was very easy to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vice Media (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a Google Hangout interview with one of the department managers which lasted for about 30-45 mins. I was then reached out to a few weeks after by HR.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vice Media.

Interview

Communication from the HR representative was horrible before and after the interview. Interviewed with two guys on a sofa near their kitchen because they didn't have a room to conduct the interview. The interview was a bit informal, but nonetheless quite simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.